Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a question........why is the Lodgers log so sparse? I hear people talking about WL all the time........is this about making the resort more DVC?

Doug :goofy:

Because @WDWKOOK, the DIS Member who started this thread and therefore is the only one who can update the Lodgers Log post, has not been see on the disboard since December.

How much is a gallon or 1/2 gallon of milk at Mercantile? And has anyone seen 1% milk being sold at the Mercantile? Thanks in advance!

We were just there in mid-April and we did food from Geyser Point twice. The first time was just wanting some alcoholic drinks and fries while at the pool. There was a CM/server who was coming and going at the pool area taking orders and bringing them back to where people were sitting at the pool. In order to pay with magic band, I had to give mine to her to take with her (she had several in her apron pocket when we ordered from her). Fries as a stand-alone were not on the menu, but she didn't bat an eye when we asked if it was possible to get two orders of just fries. It took about 20 minutes for her to come back with our drinks and the fries, but the pool and restaurant were both very busy at the time.

The second time, my husband and I went down to order food at the window to take back up to eat in our room. The menu was posted right next to the to-go window and it seemed to be the same as the one we looked at in the room for the actual sit-down area of GP. We ordered two crispy chicken sandwiches (we thought they were good). My husband ordered a margarita from the bar inside GP proper as the to-go window doesn't serve any alcoholic drinks, but he just did that while we were waiting for our food. There was no one else waiting at the to-go window but the restaurant area seemed to be about 2/3 full. It took about 15 minutes for our sandwiches, but they gave us a buzzer so we just sat down near the geyser while we waited.

If your plan is to eat while you are at the pool, I would recommend just ordering from the roaming server there so that you can still be enjoying the pool while you wait vs just standing around by the to-go window.

Does anyone know if Geyser Point is still offering breakfast?

Our daughter had this room and it had a wonderful view of the fireworks. :)

Yes, there are some good fireworks view from the standard view rooms. They all face the MK side of the resort. :)

The new villas pool area has a shower room in the bathroom. I took some picture of the women's shower and posted them a few pages back. It is a really noce place to change and take a shower. They have shampoo, conditioner and body wash in large containers in the shower stall. :)

Here is a link to the post with the pictures of the villas pool shower room:

page 414:
Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE, BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS, COPPER CREEK VILLAS and CABINS Information Thread
The quandary of room requests! We have booked standard view but at the time there was no nature view category. I keep hoping that maybe I’ll be grandfathered in, but doubt it. I initially used touring plans to request a room, But with Nature view category added (that’s where I had requested) my pick was no longer in my category.
In the end I decided not to pick a specific room grouping and changed my request to:
MK view
Upper floor but no dormer.
I’ll hope for the best!
Using TP fax. Also have it noted on my res. Sometimes I feel just having what you are looking for rather than requesting certain room grouping may be better as The room assignors know their locations, and may know a location you haven’t thought of. Fingers crossed.

In the end I decided not to pick a specific room grouping and changed my request to:
MK view
I’ll hope for the best!
I would narrow your Upper floor request to Floors 5-6. Floor 7 has the Dormer roof line and solid wall balconies oh and is Club level only.

Standard view really means that these are basically rooms that start on the north side of the main building (over the loading dock) and the Cast member parking lot, just don't look down. Just like at the Contemporary Tower with at Theme Park View, if you look down you see parking lots. The Standard room view can have a good view of MK and Fireworks. The next bank of Standard rooms are a little further down over the Smoke house and may still have a view of the MK and Fireworks.

Note; A Standard room reservation also means that you might be assigned to any room in the Lodge based on your length of stay and the occupancy load on your arrival day!

Dave

The quandary of room requests! We have booked standard view but at the time there was no nature view category. I keep hoping that maybe I’ll be grandfathered in, but doubt it. I initially used touring plans to request a room, But with Nature view category added (that’s where I had requested) my pick was no longer in my category.
MK view
I’ll hope for the best!
Using TP fax. Also have it noted on my res. Sometimes I feel just having what you are looking for rather than requesting certain room grouping may be better as The room assignors know their locations, and may know a location you haven’t thought of. Fingers crossed.
You'll be fine, but then again you'll be at WL, so you will have a nice room... I wouldn't hesitate to request the area / location you want, since Standard view means you'll have Standard view or better. We frequently requested and got rooms that opened to the lobby under the original Standard view category.

I would narrow your Upper floor request to Floors 5-6. Floor 7 has the Dormer roof line and solid wall balconies oh and is Club level only.

Standard view really means that these are basically rooms that start on the north side of the main building (over the loading dock) and the Cast member parking lot, just don't look down. Just like at the Contemporary Tower with at Theme Park View, if you look down you see parking lots. The Standard room view can have a good view of MK and Fireworks. The next bank of Standard rooms are a little further down over the Smoke house and may still have a view of the MK and Fireworks.

Note; A Standard room reservation also means that you might be assigned to any room in the Lodge based on your length of stay and the occupancy load on your arrival day!

Dave
I agree, but for clarity wanted to note that the top floor in any section has the enclosed "Dormer" balconies. This means that on the 6th floor, rooms 6004 to 6034 will have the enclosed balconies, since the 7th floor does not extend that far East. While these are "Nature View" rooms on the North side, we all know it is possible to wind up with one with a Standard View reservation.

Anyone have pictures of these dormer type rooms? Having a hard time picturing it.
The difference is just in whether the balcony has a solid wall (since it is recessed into the roofline) or open railing. Here is room 6025, with the enclosed "Dormer" balcony:
6025_enc_balcony.JPG

Where most of the balconies have open railing and thus give a more open better view when seated, like this:
wl_open_balcony.jpg

Yes, I hate sitting and just looking at a wall. I find the dormer also makes the room darker, because less light is coming in. I’d suck it up if I had CL, but won’t if I’m not CL! Lol. I took a dormer once because 1 of my daughters liked it. When I got in room, 6th floor, I realized it was a dormer and would have gone back down to see if there was another room available but daughter says, but I like it :rolleyes: The sacrifices we make!

Much more enjoyable being able to look out while enjoying my morning coffee or evening glass of wine.

The difference is just in whether the balcony has a solid wall (since it is recessed into the roofline) or open railing. Here is room 6025, with the enclosed "Dormer" balcony:
6025_enc_balcony.JPG

Where most of the balconies have open railing and thus give a more open better view when seated, like this:
wl_open_balcony.jpg
Is this a pic of DVC open balcony? I don’t recall being able to look out at other balconies in WL.
I was just visiting Grand Cali last week! We took a break and had lunch at Whitewater, and a dinner at Storytellers one night. Made me more excited to return to WL. So similar.

Is this a pic of DVC open balcony? I don’t recall being able to look out at other balconies in WL.
I was just visiting Grand Cali last week! We took a break and had lunch at Whitewater, and a dinner at Storytellers one night. Made me more excited to return to WL. So similar.
The open balcony pic is from a South side lobby room on the 6th floor, which is now DVC. Others on the North side are similar.
We love both WL and the Grand Californian, but are always impressed with the size and location of WL. Bay Lake makes such a perfect backdrop.

The open balcony pic is from a South side lobby room on the 6th floor, which is now DVC. Others on the North side are similar.
We love both WL and the Grand Californian, but are always impressed with the size and location of WL. Bay Lake makes such a perfect backdrop.
Our last visit was in pre DVC south wing but was an inner courtyard view and balconies had dividers so couldn’t see next door balcony. Also our rooms on north side courtyard view had dividers. Maybe it’s just the rooms over lobby. We’ve had 3 stays in different locations and all had dividers.

We haven’t stayed at Grand Cali but love that you can walk into DCA from hotel, and rooms overlooking Grizzly Rapids area must be fun! At Whitewater I had to try the corn dog nachos lol.

Frm location, it is a north wing hotel room.

But the flip-side equivalent CCV rooms in the south wing would be similar.

We had a CCV room that looked into the main lodge courtyard.

SW

Just returned from our first trip to WDW and we loved staying at the Wilderness Lodge! Compared to all the other resorts we visited the WL always felt very quiet and relaxed. The pool was the perfect size and it was easy to watch the kids. The buses were good and I really really enjoyed the boat to Magic Kingdom..especially leaving at night every other mode of transportation leaving MK seemed to be insane and we just walked right onto our boat. The only negative I had with our stay was I felt like we got bored with the food options really quick.. Roaring Fork is pretty small and crowded especially in the morning but we did enjoy dinner at Geyser Point a few times and all the servers ther are GREAT! I am planning our trip for next year and we had thought we would try a different resort but now I'm not sure I want to give up that boat ride to MK :boat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!