Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just switched from Fort Wilderness cabin to a 1BR at Boulder Ridge. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was eligible for the bounceback I booked with last year. We're very excited to experience Wilderness Lodge for the first time, especially since it will be around Christmas.

Is there space in the living room to use 2 pack and plays with the sleeper sofa pulled out?
It could be tight. If you have climbers, they might use the adjacent furniture to climb out.

Wow, that's gonna be tight but manageable I think... as long as you don't need to pull down the Murphy Bed! There won't be much floor space left. Google photos of the studio to get a better idea.
The one bedroom doesn't have a Murphy bed.

We watched it a few times last September from the little area closer to the water. Maybe 20 people were there total. It was pretty chill.
I imagine this could be a better view than from an outside table at Geyser Point? Mostly I would like to have a nightcap while watching. So maybe we can get those drinks to go. :)

Just switched from Fort Wilderness cabin to a 1BR at Boulder Ridge. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was eligible for the bounceback I booked with last year. We're very excited to experience Wilderness Lodge for the first time, especially since it will be around Christmas.

Is there space in the living room to use 2 pack and plays with the sleeper sofa pulled out?
I would say yes. There was plenty of room when we stayed there in August with a crib and sofabed out.

Wow, that's gonna be tight but manageable I think... as long as you don't need to pull down the Murphy Bed! There won't be much floor space left. Google photos of the studio to get a better idea.

Murphy beds are only in studios, not 1 bedrooms...

There should be enough space for a pack and play by the table beside the couch, especially if you move the chairs at the table, and on the other side of the couch by the connecting door by the tv, or slide the chair over by the connecting door and put the pack and play between the couch and window. It's probably going to feel a bit cramped, but it should be doable.

I imagine this could be a better view than from an outside table at Geyser Point? Mostly I would like to have a nightcap while watching. So maybe we can get those drinks to go. :)

Sorry, wasn't clear– we were in the little area just outside Geyser Point by the water. I imagine tables on the edge would have the same view.

So I was really looking forward to being at the Wilderness Lodge for my whole trip but due to getting free dining at the cabins at FW, I changed my plans. We will just be spending one night on December 11th at WL and then head over to FW. It turned out to be better on my budget and I look forward to our trip! :)

So I was really looking forward to being at the Wilderness Lodge for my whole trip but due to getting free dining at the cabins at FW, I changed my plans. We will just be spending one night on December 11th at WL and then head over to FW. It turned out to be better on my budget and I look forward to our trip! :)
Sorry, that stinks free dining wasn’t available for WL. But congrats on getting the free DDP at FW. We love walking around FW getting off the boat and wandering around walking to the stables.

Is taking the boat for MK rope drop doable? I see it starts just 30 minutes before park opening.

Is taking the boat for MK rope drop doable? I see it starts just 30 minutes before park opening.
We took the bus but it arrived at the same time as the boat, which was approximately ten minutes before the park opens. There is a bag check on the dock which takes a few minutes to get through. The boat is great if you want to arrive approximately at park opening, but if you want to be at the head of the line to rush to a ride, you might want to take the bus.

So tell me about the cabins. I am considering it, because it will be me, husband and 4 kids. My kids will be 12, 9, 7 & 5 on the trip. My main concern is bed space, because my 12yr old is almost my height and I am 5'8''.

So tell me about the cabins. I am considering it, because it will be me, husband and 4 kids. My kids will be 12, 9, 7 & 5 on the trip. My main concern is bed space, because my 12yr old is almost my height and I am 5'8''.

From the Disney website:
1 King Bed and 1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Bunk-Size Pull-Down Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
Sleeps up to 8 Adults
Starting from $1,948.00 per Night Excl Tax

It doesn't tell you but I believe tax is 12.5% so that would be an extra $243.50 if you got the cheapest rate of $1,948 per night.
I never looked to see if discounts apply.
I suppose you could try to rent from a DVC owner. They start at 87 points per night.

Bed-wise, you could assign as:
king bed: you and spouse
queen bed: 12 year old
queen size sleeper sofa: 9 year old
bunk-size pull-down bed: 7 year old
twin-size sleeper chair: 5 year old

We took the bus but it arrived at the same time as the boat, which was approximately ten minutes before the park opens. There is a bag check on the dock which takes a few minutes to get through. The boat is great if you want to arrive approximately at park opening, but if you want to be at the head of the line to rush to a ride, you might want to take the bus.

That’s true if the bus and boat depart at the same time. But you can catch a bus much earlier than you can catch a boat, making it a more viable option for early arrival (IMO).

From the Disney website:
1 King Bed and 1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Bunk-Size Pull-Down Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair
Sleeps up to 8 Adults
Starting from $1,948.00 per Night Excl Tax
The new cabins at the Wilderness lodge are very much like the Polynesian resort bungalows, a very premium priced offering at the waters edge or in the case of the bungalows, over the water of the Seven Seas lagoon.

After that possible sticker shock you might want to also consider a Deluxe room at the lodge or the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. They both sleep six (6) and are priced at around $800 for the deluxe room which includes Club level access to the Old Faithful Club and below $400 per night for the Fort Wilderness cabins which also have a full kitchen.

Wilderness Lodge Deluxe room: 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa.
Fort Wilderness Cabins: 1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa.

Dave

How often does the boat (realistically) come for pick to go over to MK? and same question for the boat to the Contemporary?

I've just recently read a few posts about how awful the transportation is at WL which has me panicking. We have a car for all other parks but I was definitely depending on using the boat to get to MK after a dinner for the HEA dessert party and to get to California Grill.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!