Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your question has been answered, but just wanted to add a visual from a prior trip. #1 & #2 are the two Deluxe Rooms on each floor. As others have mentioned, there aren’t any other Deluxe Room locations left after the DVC conversion.

We were in #1 - which had a view of mostly trees/woods. The main balcony faced the lake, but it’s heavily wooded between the end of the building and the lake. There were some very small windows in the bedroom that faced towards the geyser.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 302858
Quick question. Is #4 the Old Faithful lounge? I've been trying to figure out where it is on the 7th floor.

Hello, I'm sure this has been answered before, so I apologize in advance.
We would be booking a standard view room---Does anyone know how "difficult" it is to get a bunk bed room? I was trying to look on the touring plans room finder but was getting confused as none were showing up, only courtyard views had them but I thought I saw I saw it on the Disney site as a standard option?

Hello, I'm sure this has been answered before, so I apologize in advance.
We would be booking a standard view room---Does anyone know how "difficult" it is to get a bunk bed room? I was trying to look on the touring plans room finder but was getting confused as none were showing up, only courtyard views had them but I thought I saw I saw it on the Disney site as a standard option?

On the Disney site the bunk bed rooms are a bookable category: "Courtyard View - Bunk Bed". Standard view rooms are listed as only having two queen beds.

Someone else can confirm, but I dont think there are standard view rooms with bunk beds.

SW

On the Disney site the bunk bed rooms are a bookable category: "Courtyard View - Bunk Bed". Standard view rooms are listed as only having two queen beds.

Someone else can confirm, but I dont think there are standard view rooms with bunk beds.

SW

Woods view rooms with a bunk bed used to be a bookable category. The woods view rooms seem to have gone away when the trees came down for the cabins. They became standard view rooms. Presto change-o, standard view rooms with bunk beds. Like king beds at deluxe resorts, they're out there, but the best you can do is request it. No guarantees.

Trying to book our trip for October.. no availability for Wilderness Lodge for Oct 21-24th! Crazy how fast they book! Guess we will stay at AKL unless something becomes available between now and then!

Trying to book our trip for October.. no availability for Wilderness Lodge for Oct 21-24th! Crazy how fast they book! Guess we will stay at AKL unless something becomes available between now and then!

Have you tried any TA’s? When I booked my discounted Poly room in December, my TA had discounted WL rooms available as well...I’d gotten a quote on both from her. I’m going the same time as you (except we are staying until the 26th).

There definitely are standard view rooms with bunkbeds. But they are by request only. :)

We got one without request but I think it was because that was the next room available on a higher floor. Someone's best bet would be to not only call and request but also ask at check in. Also be willing to wait to get one and I'm sure that would help as well.

What is the term for the rooms that overlook the lobby? Is this a bookable category? I don't care what the view from the window is, I just want a room in the main part of the hotel where when you exit your room you see out to the lobby, not one of those rooms you reach by those back elevators over by the quick service place.

What is the term for the rooms that overlook the lobby? Is this a bookable category? I don't care what the view from the window is, I just want a room in the main part of the hotel where when you exit your room you see out to the lobby, not one of those rooms you reach by those back elevators over by the quick service place.
There is not a bookable category for those rooms, but we request "Open to lobby". These rooms exist in both courtyard and Woods (now Standard) view categories, although most of them are not Courtyard view. There are eight rooms that are courtyard view and open to the lobby, and these are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms because they make what looks like a bear's face when you view the resort from Bay Lake at night. We have stayed in the Standard / Woods view rooms that open to the lobby many times, and love walking out the door of the room to see that neat view. Some people with fear of heights prefer to be on a lower floor or down the wing, and you can hear some noise from WCC at peak times, but for us it is a great WL room location.

There is not a bookable category for those rooms, but we request "Open to lobby". These rooms exist in both courtyard and Woods (now Standard) view categories, although most of them are not Courtyard view. There are eight rooms that are courtyard view and open to the lobby, and these are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms because they make what looks like a bear's face when you view the resort from Bay Lake at night. We have stayed in the Standard / Woods view rooms that open to the lobby many times, and love walking out the door of the room to see that neat view. Some people with fear of heights prefer to be on a lower floor or down the wing, and you can hear some noise from WCC at peak times, but for us it is a great WL room location.

Thank you!

We have had the request for a room above the lobby added to our reservation and they gave us those rooms each time we asked for them. :)

Anyone have a March activity calendar yet, or know what time campfires and movies start during Daylight Saving Time?

I'm excited for our upcoming weeklong stay in a copper creek studio. I would greatly prefer to get a studio that has the separate bedroom/sitting area. Is that a request? Also, I hear some views aren't so great. Any idea how to score a great view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter