Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought they were letting that idea go? Issues with soap shenanigans happening in some very unpleasant ways.

Latest report is that it's being tested at a couple of moderate/value resorts but no plans--CURRENTLY--to do so with Deluxe resorts.

I only heard they were testing at POP. Hope they don’t install at Deluxe, and I wouldn’t be happy walking into a now $200/night moderate to find soap dispensers there either. :sad2: When it comes down to it, wouldn’t be happy to see them at any resort. To reduce plastic waste they can use biodegradable containers.

If I am trying to rope drop a park with a 9am open, what time should I be at the bus stop?
If anyone has a specific suggestion for a specific park that would be great.
We are planning to RD all 4 parks. On our AK day we are NOT rope dropping FOP so are not super concerned about getting there super early.

If I am trying to rope drop a park with a 9am open, what time should I be at the bus stop?
We are planning to RD all 4 parks. On our AK day we are NOT rope dropping FOP so are not super concerned about getting there super early.
For all parks for busses we always try to be out there an hour before park opening to get one of the first busses. (try is the key word) This gives plenty of time to get there, bag check and be somewhat towards the front of the herd.

Just got back from our first stay as DVC owners at Copper Creek. We could not have been more pleased. Our studio was spacious, bed was comfy, and lighting/outlets were convenient and well-placed. Our bathroom was beautiful as well. Mousekeeping was excellent too. The Lodge itself has always been a favorite of ours for so many reasons--we just have more now!

For rope drop you should plan to get to the park 30-45 min before park opening. 45 min is preferable. Especially if you’re going during crowded times. They will often open a bit earlier and as mentioned you want to be in front of the herd! I think it was Easy Disney web site that did a pictorial of MK courtyard, every 10 min starting with getting there 1 hr before rope drop. By 30 min before rope drop the courtyard was really filling up.

If you haven’t done FOP, it’s amazing.

My mom and I just returned from another wonderful week at WL last night. Our room was perfect. It was a courtyard view - room 6035. We had a great view of the lake, and I watched the Electrical Water Pageant from our room almost every night :)

I wanted to share our experience with the new housekeeping/security procedure. It wasn't an issue for us most of the trip because we were gone about 12 hours most days, so housekeeping cleaned our room while we were gone. But on Saturday my mom wasn't feeling well, so she spent most of the day in the room. I put the room occupied sign up when I left in the morning. She did join me for lunch in MK, and she took the sign off the door when she left. She was gone for two hours and we were hoping housekeeping would stop by while she was gone but they didn't. A couple hours after she got back, a man came to the door and asked if she needed anything from housekeeping. She asked for towels and soap, and he brought them and then left. A couple minutes later a woman knocked on the door and asked if she needed housekeeping, and my mom said no and told her she wasn't feeling well. A little later she got a phone call from the housekeeping supervisor, who said she just needed to come in and check the room. The supervisor came up, took a quick look around the room, and then left. My mom said she was very nice and it wasn't really a big deal.

I can definitely see how this would be more of a problem for other families, but it really didn't affect us too much.

So I just had a really good phone chat with Disney about the similar incident that happened to me three weeks ago. They are keen to hear feedback from anyone who has had the room occupied sign up, only to have housekeeping or security knock on the door. They are trying to fix the kinks in the policy, but want feedback from impacted guests in order to do that. I’d suggest sending them an email (which is what I did), and then they may call with questions or to get more detail.

For others on the thread worried about this happening to them, they told me today they are moving to a system whereby if you have the sign up and they want to come in they will now send you a text asking when would be a good time. Cast are apparently not allowed to knock if the room occupied sign is up.

Checking in two weeks from today. First time ever at WL so we are very excited :) Does anyone know what dates the Copper Creek pool will be closed?

We have officially booked for August 25th-1st. Very excited to stay here for the first time. Was going to save the money and stay value, but we really wanted to stay here so we decided that the extra money should be worth it. The resort looks amazing (never been inside, just have seen the outside in person), and we like the thought of not having to walk outside in the heat to get to dining/refill our mugs. We are surely going to enjoy the pool also. Can't wait!

Checking in two weeks from today. First time ever at WL so we are very excited :) Does anyone know what dates the Copper Creek pool will be closed?

I checked on my specific days and they told me that at least up until the end of my trip (feb 8) it will be open. You can try contacting disney directly for the dates that you have in mind. They were quick to respond to my email. They didn't provide the actual day of the refurbishment, though.

I checked on my specific days and they told me that at least up until the end of my trip (feb 8) it will be open. You can try contacting disney directly for the dates that you have in mind. They were quick to respond to my email. They didn't provide the actual day of the refurbishment, though.
Thanks! We arrive 2/8 and check out 2/11. We shall survive if it’s closed but hopefully it will be open :)

CCVWL question - do the two bedroom villas have a coffee maker? Is it a pot or one cup? Do they provide coffee? We are all set to bring our own I’m just wondering what the set up is. Thanks!

Hi! I'm brand new to this resort and loved reading this thread! One thing not clear to me is the boat to magic kingdom. I get that it run 30 minutes prior to park opening or extra park hours, but will it run early when they have the early morning magic event in fantasyland? I know the contemporary boat will but I wanted to avoid walking so early as I have many generations traveling with us :) thanks for any help!

CCVWL question - do the two bedroom villas have a coffee maker? Is it a pot or one cup? Do they provide coffee? We are all set to bring our own I’m just wondering what the set up is. Thanks!
Unsure of Copper Creek, but the VWL 2BRs have, I believe, regular coffee pots and maybe two self-contained coffee pods for lack of a better term. At least, that's what they had in the 1BR we had last May. Those pods supposedly make a pot of coffee, but we're coffee snobs to a degree, and we've never found their coffee to be any good. In the past, I've brought my own beans and a small grinder (we drive), as well as half and half, though that used to be available in RF--not sure it is anymore. If you want to be safe, bring some basket filters (though often there are leftover ones in the pantry from prior guests) and your own coffee. You may already know this, but the tap water there ain't the best with which to make coffee, so we also purchase bottled water. ;)

They have a Mr. Coffee type 10-12 cup coffee maker with a basket filter in the villas. There will be enough coffee for one pot when you arrive. I am not sure if they will provide refills. We always brought our own coffee and filters when staying in a villa. :)

Hi! I'm brand new to this resort and loved reading this thread! One thing not clear to me is the boat to magic kingdom. I get that it run 30 minutes prior to park opening or extra park hours, but will it run early when they have the early morning magic event in fantasyland? I know the contemporary boat will but I wanted to avoid walking so early as I have many generations traveling with us :) thanks for any help!
They don't run an early boat for the extra morning magic event. You will have to take the bus for that. :)

Unsure of Copper Creek, but the VWL 2BRs have, I believe, regular coffee pots and maybe two self-contained coffee pods for lack of a better term. At least, that's what they had in the 1BR we had last May. Those pods supposedly make a pot of coffee, but we're coffee snobs to a degree, and we've never found their coffee to be any good. In the past, I've brought my own beans and a small grinder (we drive), as well as half and half, though that used to be available in RF--not sure it is anymore. If you want to be safe, bring some basket filters (though often there are leftover ones in the pantry from prior guests) and your own coffee. You may already know this, but the tap water there ain't the best with which to make coffee, so we also purchase bottled water. ;)

I had asked a similar question a few pages back regarding toasters in the copper creek studio villas. Anyone know definitively whether the villas have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!