Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came to this thread to look for information on the best way to get to Hoop Dee Doo from the WL.

There is a bus that runs from the WL to the campground and makes a stop where HDDR is. From the bus stop to HDDR is less than 2 min. Then you can catch the bus back to WL after Dinner, just make sure you get the right bus, it should say WL on the marquee.

Anyone know if you have to fold up strollers to get on the boat to & from MK? I know the Poly/GF boat is small but not sure about WL.

The big boats to MK allow you to roll the stroller on

The smaller ones and the barge boat require you to fold them

We routinely rolled a double stroller on the big boats without issue

Was great when leaving MK late at night with 2 sleeping kids in it

Here we come!! I just booked a 2 br villa at Boulder Creek for June 8-14, 2018!! It's been a while since we stayed at WL and this will be our first villa stay ever!!!

SO flipping excited!

and to top it off my 180 day mark is TOMORROW!! :banana::banana::eek::eek::jumping1:

it's a good thing I had already made a dining plan for that "just in case DH changed his mind"! HA!

so, my first question is.....do we check in at the main lobby for WL or is there a check in desk in Boulder Creek??

thanks!!
Enjoy! We check out of Boulder Ridge one day before you arrive, June 7th.

Can someone comment on the prices of groceries at the store. I am debating if I should order a grocery service or just get some items from the store. Milk, water, cream, cream cheese, juice, etc..

Thanks!!
If you order from Amazon Prime Now, it is free delivery with a $20 minimum, I believe. They can deliver in 2 hours. Prices are comparable to the grocery store. If you do not think you have a $20 min. then I'd just go with the store.

I would get the items at the WL shop. They may be more expensive than the grocery store, but ordering you’re paying a delivery fee. So unless you want items not stocked in WL store you may as well pick them up at resort. Your list isn’t too extensive.
Just an FYI: Amazon Prime Now is free delivery for Prime members with a $20 minimum.

More questions:
Can we use the Minnie vans from WL?
What items are in a deluxe studio? Like paper towels?
Dish soap? Plates? Etc.

Yes you can use the Minnie Vans to and from WL, we did one of each during our recent stay {WL > TL; POFQ > WL}.

There was a roll of paper towels on the roll, and a new packaged one under the sink. Eight each of plastic spoons, knives, and forks [similar to what you would get in the QS, but each utensil is individually sealed in plastic]. A can opener, a corkscrew. A small I think it palmolive (it was green) liquid dish soap bottle, a small sponge. A tea towel. Several (probably 8 each?) paper plates and paper bowls. Two coffee packets for the coffee maker.

SW

Questions:
We are staying in a deluxe studio at Copper Creek in a few weeks.
What are the view options?
Any better than other?
Best floor?
Are the hallways extremely long like st AKL?

View options are basically of the main pool courtyard or of BRV. Which is better than the other depends on your preferences. We have had both views (of BRV when it was still VWL and we got a hotel room on that side a coupel years ago; then this past visit a CCV studio overlooking the main courtyard and pool) and liked both for different reasons.

Don't know that there is a particularly better floor than others. We were on the 5th floor, but spent some time on the 4th because we did laundry a few times.

The hallways are not extremely long.

SW

Hello!
We will be doing a split stay in early June (with BWV) I am having a dickens of a time trying to decide between Copper Creek studio or Boulder Ridge studio. There will be four of us, 2 adults 2 tweens, so the murphy not necessary.

Does anyone have any information on the Tub vs. Walk in shower at Copper Creek? Are both options all through the resort? Would selecting one over the other reduce your chances of an upper floor? Hope this question makes sense!

I really like the fresh, new look of Copper Creek. Does being in the main building make it more fun? Any benefits with Boulder Ridge I might not know of? I know it's less likely there will be discount for Copper Creek, right?

So many questions! Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Our CCV deluxe studio with walk-in shower was on the 5th floor.

We really liked being in the main building (especially when Orlando got a cold spell and it was close to freezing outside....), and liked the light colours of the room, and the hardwood-like floor.

Just an FYI: Amazon Prime Now is free delivery for Prime members with a $20 minimum.

Prime Now is now a $35 minimum for free delivery; $4.99 fee if <$35. We ran into this change while planning for our just completed trip as it changed just a little while before we left and affected what we ordered.

SW

Yes you can use the Minnie Vans to and from WL, we did one of each during our recent stay {WL > TL; POFQ > WL}.

There was a roll of paper towels on the roll, and a new packaged one under the sink. Eight each of plastic spoons, knives, and forks [similar to what you would get in the QS, but each utensil is individually sealed in plastic]. A can opener, a corkscrew. A small I think it palmolive (it was green) liquid dish soap bottle, a small sponge. A tea towel. Several (probably 8 each?) paper plates and paper bowls. Two coffee packets for the coffee maker.

SW
Thank you.

Prime Now is now a $35 minimum for free delivery; $4.99 fee if <$35. We ran into this change while planning for our just completed trip as it changed just a little while before we left and affected what we ordered.

SW
Good to know.

Our CCV deluxe studio with walk-in shower was on the 5th floor.

We really liked being in the main building (especially when Orlando got a cold spell and it was close to freezing outside....), and liked the light colours of the room, and the hardwood-like floor.
Thank you for your info. I really think we are leaning to CCV. But a good discount might move us to BRV!

What is the best way to get to the Contemporary and Grand Floridian from WL?
There is a boat to the Contemporary and you can get on the monorail from there to go to the Grand Floridian.

What time of day do you want to go to the Contemporary? If it is later in the day or evening, the Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom buses will stop there before going to the parks. The Disney Springs bus always stops at the Contemporary, so you could take that bus anytime.

The Blue flagged boats will get you to Contemporary.
  • The blue route consists of two launches transporting guests around Bay Lake between Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and Contemporary Resort. The two launches operate in opposite direction, meeting at the Contemporary.
Be sure you get on the boat heading to the Contemporary as the other blue flag boat will go to Fort Wilderness first. As noted, you can use the Monorail to get to the Grand Floridian from the Contemporary.

The Blue flagged boats will get you to Contemporary.
  • The blue route consists of two launches transporting guests around Bay Lake between Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and Contemporary Resort. The two launches operate in opposite direction, meeting at the Contemporary.
Be sure you get on the boat heading to the Contemporary as the other blue flag boat will go to Fort Wilderness first. As noted, you can use the Monorail to get to the Grand Floridian from the Contemporary.
Possibly dumb question here . . . How do you know if its heading to the Contemporary? The way its facing? Or is the dock set up to load differently for each one?
Also, if we had a 9am ADR at Contemporary, what time should we be at the dock? 8:30? 8?
Thanks!

After 4 years away, we are "coming home" to WL in February. Please add us to the log. Staying Club Level 2/21 - 2/27. I will be doing my second Princess Half Marathon and will be traveling with my husband, son, parents and aunt. My parents and aunt arrive on 2/22 and also are staying Club Level through 2/27.

Since our last stay at WL, we have stayed at all of the Epcot Area resorts and stayed at the Contemporary last February. I'm ridiculously excited to be coming back to Wilderness Lodge. I researched our first stay there in 2012 so thoroughly with the help of the DISBoards and Kook's threads (THANK YOU!)

I have what may be a dumb question but I'm not sure I understand the elevator situation since there has been construction and now Villas on the South Wing. Can we use the lobby elevators to go to the 7th floor or do we have to go down to Roaring Forks to use those elevators?

Also, we have had these rooms booked for over a month now and have not been given any notice of any refurb taking place during our stay. If that changes, I will report back.

Welcome back, @pld5, I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log.

Will be staying at WL in 2018 - can't wait! December 11-19, 2018

Congratulations, @dedesmith32!

DVC Members, a new paid lounge option is coming to WL next year!
Source - http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/reuni...vacation-club-members-paid-lounge-experience/

Thank you for posting a link to this upcoming "fee-based amenity," @IanDLBZF from MCMagic. Sounds like a cross between CSR's Club Level and a Community Hall.

View attachment 287725 Haven't posted here in a while, but I thought all the lodge lovers would understand why I ordered this tree skirt on amazon!

Nicely done, @bluecastle :)

Here we come!! I just booked a 2 br villa at Boulder Creek for June 8-14, 2018!! It's been a while since we stayed at WL and this will be our first villa stay ever!!!

SO flipping excited!

and to top it off my 180 day mark is TOMORROW!! :banana::banana::eek::eek::jumping1:

it's a good thing I had already made a dining plan for that "just in case DH changed his mind"! HA!

so, my first question is.....do we check in at the main lobby for WL or is there a check in desk in Boulder Creek??

thanks!!

I'll get your dates logged, @Avery&Todd.

Possibly dumb question here . . . How do you know if its heading to the Contemporary? The way its facing? Or is the dock set up to load differently for each one?
Also, if we had a 9am ADR at Contemporary, what time should we be at the dock? 8:30? 8?

Both Blue flag boats dock in the same place. Just ask but you will know. Contemporary and Fort Wilderness are in different directions. If I had a 9:00 am ADR at Contemporary I would be on the dock before 8:15 just to be safe.

Both Blue flag boats dock in the same place. Just ask but you will know. Contemporary and Fort Wilderness are in different directions. If I had a 9:00 am ADR at Contemporary I would be on the dock before 8:15 just to be safe.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter