Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The walk to the boat from the main lodge is a nice trek, maybe 3 minutes once out the door. The bus depot is a shorter jaunt to the main lodge. Once inside the main lodge nothing is a long walk compared to say, Animal Kingdom Lodge. Methinks a 5 year old can hold his own for either walk.

Can you get club level if staying at Copper Creek?

Can you get turn down service if staying at Copper Creek?

Is the check in area the same for Cooper Creek as it is for the resort rooms?

More questions:
Can we use the Minnie vans from WL?
What items are in a deluxe studio? Like paper towels?
Dish soap? Plates? Etc.
Yes, Minnie Vans are available for all deluxe resorts (and other guests can activate the Minnie Van app by going to bell services at a deluxe resort). You will use the Lyft app on your phone to use Minnie Van. If you don't see Minnie Van as an option, take your phone to the bell services desk, and they will help you get it set up.

I've never stayed in the villas so can't answer your other questions. Hopefully someone else can!

I'm sure my answer is somewhere in here so I apologize for asking :o Have they stopped doing the Flag Family of the day? Thanks!

I am trying to decide whether to rent a stroller from Kingdom strollers or use in park Disney strollers for my 5 year old son. How far is the walk from the buses/boat to the farthest room in the main lodge? I am worried that after arriving back at the lodge after seeing the night time shows that he will be tired and not want to walk back to the room. But i'm not sure how far it would be; if its a really short walk than maybe he can handle it...
We prefer to rent from an outside company (we use Orlando Stroller Rental) bc it’s cheaper and for the convenience. The city mini folds up very easily for the buses, if need be.

I'm sure my answer is somewhere in here so I apologize for asking :o Have they stopped doing the Flag Family of the day? Thanks!
I think we had this conversation on the VWL thread. I know it was suspended for construction, and I’m fairly certain they ended it for good after the construction was over. I seem to remember it bc it was something that I had noted to try to do on a future trip bc I’d heard about it several years ago.

I think we had this conversation on the VWL thread. I know it was suspended for construction, and I’m fairly certain they ended it for good after the construction was over. I seem to remember it bc it was something that I had noted to try to do on a future trip bc I’d heard about it several years ago.

Thanks Renee! I thought I'd read it here somewhere that they's stopped doing it.

I have a question regarding the online check-in. I'm filling that out right now and it only has 2 options for a room request, highest floor and near the elevator. Is that normal? I was hoping to request a room with bunk beds unless that isn't an option with the "standard rooms". I was looking at the rooms on touring plans and they had standard and woods view but it doesn't look like woods view is an option when booking your room. Sorry if this has already been asked. If we can't get bunk beds that's fine too. I'm just curious.

We check in on 02/06 and are super excited for our trip. This will be our families first trip to Disney!

I have a question regarding the online check-in. I'm filling that out right now and it only has 2 options for a room request, highest floor and near the elevator. Is that normal? I was hoping to request a room with bunk beds unless that isn't an option with the "standard rooms". I was looking at the rooms on touring plans and they had standard and woods view but it doesn't look like woods view is an option when booking your room. Sorry if this has already been asked. If we can't get bunk beds that's fine too. I'm just curious.

We check in on 02/06 and are super excited for our trip. This will be our families first trip to Disney!

The options for requests in the online checkin form are limited. It is fine to do it, but if you want to make additional requests you can call and have them noted in your reservation.

The issue with Woods View is that since the construction started for Copper Creek it hasn't been bookable in the U.S. Some have speculated that it was because the construction reduced the "woods" surrounding some areas of the resort. Those rooms are still in use however, but since they are not courtyard view they are available with standard view reservations. We were fortunate and got a bunk bed room this past August with a Standard view reservation, and our kids loved it. You can certainly request that you be given one of those rooms if possible. If you want to guarantee it, currently your only option is to upgrade to courtyard view and pay extra for a bunkbed room reservation. (Which is a lot more $$$) I expect the woods view category, and woods view bunkbed rooms as a bookable category to return at some point in the future, but currently it is not directly bookable.

Have a great trip! You have chosen a wonderful resort for your family's first trip, and it likely won't be your last...

We prefer to rent from an outside company (we use Orlando Stroller Rental) bc it’s cheaper and for the convenience. The city mini folds up very easily for the buses, if need be.
Thanks for this advice. I read on a website that often the clip that you use to keep the stroller folded usually breaks after a few uses so is usually not available when renting the stroller. How did you keep the city mini folded without a clip? I just don't want it taking up too much space on the bus or opening a bit and hitting someone.

The options for requests in the online checkin form are limited. It is fine to do it, but if you want to make additional requests you can call and have them noted in your reservation.

The issue with Woods View is that since the construction started for Copper Creek it hasn't been bookable in the U.S. Some have speculated that it was because the construction reduced the "woods" surrounding some areas of the resort. Those rooms are still in use however, but since they are not courtyard view they are available with standard view reservations. We were fortunate and got a bunk bed room this past August with a Standard view reservation, and our kids loved it. You can certainly request that you be given one of those rooms if possible......
My wife and I have a Standard Room reserved for WL from Aug 21st through 26th. When I looked today that room category is unavailable.....all rooms booked (yeah I know that may not be exactly true :) ) There also continues to be NO category of Woods View as of today either. Not sure if this guarantees all room category views on the North Side of WL will be considered Standard, but if this is the case............When I check in I will be requesting an upper floor. From what I've seen that view is now Theme Park!

Doug :goofy:

Thanks for this advice. I read on a website that often the clip that you use to keep the stroller folded usually breaks after a few uses so is usually not available when renting the stroller. How did you keep the city mini folded without a clip? I just don't want it taking up too much space on the bus or opening a bit and hitting someone.
We didn't have any issues that I recall. I can't remember if there was a clip but I will readily admit my DH dealt with it on buses so maybe he just held it closed? Or maybe we had one with a clip. Regardless, it wasn't a big problem if we didn't, bc DH never mentioned it.

My wife and I have a Standard Room reserved for WL from Aug 21st through 26th. When I looked today that room category is unavailable.....all rooms booked (yeah I know that may not be exactly true :) ) There also continues to be NO category of Woods View as of today either. Not sure if this guarantees all room category views on the North Side of WL will be considered Standard, but if this is the case............When I check in I will be requesting an upper floor. From what I've seen that view is now Theme Park!

Doug :goofy:
Yes, the high floor Standard view rooms are awesome, and we always request high floor. We had a beautiful view of the castle and fireworks from room 6046, which always has been Standard view, but having less trees in the way made the castle view great. This past year we had 4081 (which had the bunk beds) but being lower and further West it had a much more obstructed view of the castle. We still maintan that there isn't a bad room at WL!

We didn't have any issues that I recall. I can't remember if there was a clip but I will readily admit my DH dealt with it on buses so maybe he just held it closed? Or maybe we had one with a clip. Regardless, it wasn't a big problem if we didn't, bc DH never mentioned it.
We love our city minis! We have a single that we used for a couple of years, and folding it for the buses is simple and easy. It basically folds in half, so if you hold it by the cloth folding handle in the seat it stays folded in half whether it is clipped or not. We highly recommend this stroller. The last two years we have used a city mini double, which folds the same way and is just a little wider. It it still totally manageable on the buses, and we appreciated having it for the late night trips back from the bus with both kids asleep.

Yes, the high floor Standard view rooms are awesome, and we always request high floor. We had a beautiful view of the castle and fireworks from room 6046, which always has been Standard view, but having less trees in the way made the castle view great. This past year we had 4081 (which had the bunk beds) but being lower and further West it had a much more obstructed view of the castle. We still maintan that there isn't a bad room at WL
We requested a high floor on the side of WL facing the MK and CR at Thanksgiving. We ended up in 2018. I was initially disappointed, but it turned out to be great! We might not have been able to see MK from our room, but we had an amazing view of the fireworks! I was really surprised as I thought for sure we wouldn't be able to see them from the second floor. I'm sure a higher floor would be a better view, but we loved our view. It was our first stay at WL so have nothing to compare it to, but we loved our stay at WL and will be back in the future for sure.
We love our city minis! We have a single that we used for a couple of years, and folding it for the buses is simple and easy. It basically folds in half, so if you hold it by the cloth folding handle in the seat it stays folded in half whether it is clipped or not. We highly recommend this stroller. The last two years we have used a city mini double, which folds the same way and is just a little wider. It it still totally manageable on the buses, and we appreciated having it for the late night trips back from the bus with both kids asleep.
I rent a City Mini GT. I don't know if the clip is the same on the GT, but it's always worked for me. Sometimes we get a stroller that I can tell has some wear to it, but the clip is always functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!