Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have been since the bar closed and you have to go to Geyser Point to get a drink for the pool, is it much of an inconvenience?
They have servers who walk around and take drink orders at both pools. So it isn't really too much of an inconvenience to have this bar closed if you are willing to wait for the server to bring the food and drinks to you. :)

They have servers who walk around and take drink orders at both pools. So it isn't really too much of an inconvenience to have this bar closed if you are willing to wait for the server to bring the food and drinks to you. :)

Thanks. This is going to sound more negative than I mean it but is it “good” pool service or Disney’s sometimes lame / inconsistent / one person serving the entire pool and it takes forever pool service? I have bad memories from my Poly trip last weekend where it literally took FOREVER for our server to bring us anything. I’ve always been so unimpressed with Disney’s poolside service that I wonder why Disney even bothers?

Sorry for the rant. :-) Just fresh on my mind.

It makes more sense to me in person than I thought it would. Geyser Point is more of a bar in a beautiful location than just a pool bar. While it is centrally located between the two pools, it is its own destination in the evening.

Thanks. I haven’t been since everything opened (was there Dec 16) so having trouble visualizing how it feels, but I remember thinking at the time I thought the space would feel a little awkward. Glad to hear you liked the layout!

Thanks. This is going to sound more negative than I mean it but is it “good” pool service or Disney’s sometimes lame / inconsistent / one person serving the entire pool and it takes forever pool service? I have bad memories from my Poly trip last weekend where it literally took FOREVER for our server to bring us anything. I’ve always been so unimpressed with Disney’s poolside service that I wonder why Disney even bothers?

It was the lame/inconsistent/one person service in June when we were there. Hopefully it has gotten better.

I’m still not sure what I think of this use. That building just seems so “in the way” to me now. :confused3

For those that have been since the bar closed and you have to go to Geyser Point to get a drink for the pool, is it much of an inconvenience?
A little data.... that building houses the equipment for the MAIN POOL. WL pretty much had to do SOMETHING with it.... or tear up all the Main Pool piping :(.

Salon? OK.... could be worse. Could be a Meet & Greet :).

Hi, I wanted to ask the experts(you guys). Which area to stay Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge? We have stayed at both. We have always stayed at BR until this Sept. I loved location of CC but there was a lot more noise than BR. I wonder if it was just one bad visit or are the room at CC not insulated as well as BR. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :earsboy:

Not currently being tested at WL/CCV-Cabins/BRV, but nearest location is FWC:

Select Walt Disney World Resorts Testing Dog Friendly Rooms
I can’t believe the knee jerk reaction to this. I’m sure the details were carefully thought out by Disney and will be fine. I doubt resorts are going to be over run by dogs as some seem to think. We prob won’t even see them as they will be restricted to certain areas.

Can’t wait to be returning to WL finally! Going late August. Booked standard view. Are all rooms facing north now standard view? No more woods view? I wonder if this will be for August or just temp.

Last edited:
I heard the splash ground is not up and running? Can someone confirm this? Or state otherwise...thank you woulld be bummed if its not open wanted my son to enjoy it

True. Here now. I am super annoyed because we are on a short post cruise resort based stay and that was half the reason I chose WL. I have a toddler to entertain and she is too little for the other slide. I wish they had emailed to let people know. I doubt many people would switch but a few like myself might prefer to.

True. Here now. I am super annoyed because we are on a short post cruise resort based stay and that was half the reason I chose WL. I have a toddler to entertain and she is too little for the other slide. I wish they had emailed to let people know. I doubt many people would switch but a few like myself might prefer to.

Can I ask, what is going on in that area? Work? Damage? Can you tell? Thanks!

Also posted this on CL thread....

Just home from our WL CL vaca ! On the Disney allowing dogs front....we are super excited since as you can see from the tag line we have four fur kids who are all adopted retired racing Greyhounds. Since Disney will only allow two dogs per room they will have to stay home for now with their pet sitter. FWIW...if we could bring all four we would as if you kennel a dog you are charged here in San Antonio by size and we could very well pay 50.00 per day per dog so the Disney fee is a cheaper alternative.( also having a pet sitter stay at our house is cheaper than a kennel). I dare say our "kids" are much better behaved than some human children we saw yelling and screaming down the club level hallway and in the lounge!

WL CL had amazing staff and top notch mousekeeping. Bigger size toiletries were offered in the rooms but not the at home sizes I have seen some reporting to have at other resorts. We were offered nightly turn down services and milk chocolate ghiradelli squares. Room 7050 faced MK and we had excellent views of the fireworks. The dormer balcony didn't bother us. At check in we were not greeted at curbside and did have to go to the front desk who promptly did call up to club level and we were warmly greeted when Judith came down.

The food offerings in the evening were very "northwestern" meaning LOTS of seafood and "game ". I did tell CL I was allergic to seafood/shellfish but was never offered a separate plate of food from the staff/chef. Pretty much it was a take it or leave it on what was being offered for evening appetizers. One evening we did have an amazing tomato basil soup and a applewood pork offering. Desserts were very minimal, generally macaroons, pb&j shooters and/or a cobbler. Wine selection was good as were beer offerings. Breakfast had a couple types of small muffins, toast and croissants (the butter offering was awful tasting and no jelly was set out for the toast or croissants). Cereal was available as were two types of Greek oikos yogurt.

Bus service was at least a half hour wait and with other stops and security be warned that taking the bus will add at least an hour or more in getting to the parks other than MK. The boat and security at MK was generally only a 30 minute process.

If anybody has a specific question on something feel free to ask !

Ah ha, then what I posted a few pages back is true! There was hurricane damage from Irene(? I think, there has been a lot) and the splash pad was shut down.

Can someone post pictures of the closes Splashpad if you are there to prove it to everyone?

No clue. Today they were installing and painting the brown wall to hide whatever they are doing. I will try to ask tomorrow if I can. We fly home in the afternoon and MK in the morning, so will be a busy day.

Ah ha, then what I posted a few pages back is true! There was hurricane damage from Irene(? I think, there has been a lot) and the splash pad was shut down.

Can someone post pictures of the closes Splashpad if you are there to prove it to everyone?

The lifeguard did tell me it is due to hurricane damage. I can take a pic tomorrow. He thought it would be running soon.

We were so relaxed at the pool, basking in the Florida (and Magical Disney) sunshine, while listening to the lovely Poly music, watching the Palm trees wave in the breeze that we didn't notice if the server took 5 minutes or an hour to bring us our drink and food order.... I can say we gave her an extra nice tip because she smiled and said ALOHA!
:flower1:pixiedust:

The lifeguard did tell me it is due to hurricane damage. I can take a pic tomorrow. He thought it would be running soon.

That's what the Facebook group said. The hurricane was quite some time ago though, with Disney always fixing everything so quickly I am surprised they have neglected this for so long. Its a bummer for us as well as the splash pad is one of the big reasons why we booked this hotel.

That's what the Facebook group said. The hurricane was quite some time ago though, with Disney always fixing everything so quickly I am surprised they have neglected this for so long. Its a bummer for us as well as the splash pad is one of the big reasons why we booked this hotel.

Good news! It is running today! Didn't get a pic but we did get to play in it for an hour before the tragical depress came.

Also posted this on CL thread....

Just home from our WL CL vaca ! On the Disney allowing dogs front....we are super excited since as you can see from the tag line we have four fur kids who are all adopted retired racing Greyhounds. Since Disney will only allow two dogs per room they will have to stay home for now with their pet sitter. FWIW...if we could bring all four we would as if you kennel a dog you are charged here in San Antonio by size and we could very well pay 50.00 per day per dog so the Disney fee is a cheaper alternative.( also having a pet sitter stay at our house is cheaper than a kennel). I dare say our "kids" are much better behaved than some human children we saw yelling and screaming down the club level hallway and in the lounge!

WL CL had amazing staff and top notch mousekeeping. Bigger size toiletries were offered in the rooms but not the at home sizes I have seen some reporting to have at other resorts. We were offered nightly turn down services and milk chocolate ghiradelli squares. Room 7050 faced MK and we had excellent views of the fireworks. The dormer balcony didn't bother us. At check in we were not greeted at curbside and did have to go to the front desk who promptly did call up to club level and we were warmly greeted when Judith came down.

The food offerings in the evening were very "northwestern" meaning LOTS of seafood and "game ". I did tell CL I was allergic to seafood/shellfish but was never offered a separate plate of food from the staff/chef. Pretty much it was a take it or leave it on what was being offered for evening appetizers. One evening we did have an amazing tomato basil soup and a applewood pork offering. Desserts were very minimal, generally macaroons, pb&j shooters and/or a cobbler. Wine selection was good as were beer offerings. Breakfast had a couple types of small muffins, toast and croissants (the butter offering was awful tasting and no jelly was set out for the toast or croissants). Cereal was available as were two types of Greek oikos yogurt.

Bus service was at least a half hour wait and with other stops and security be warned that taking the bus will add at least an hour or more in getting to the parks other than MK. The boat and security at MK was generally only a 30 minute process.

If anybody has a specific question on something feel free to ask !
My last trip was Aug 2016, skipped Aug 2017 and went to DL instead! So new security wasn’t implemented yet. Can you explains how it works from WL in the mornings? And how much more time I should leave to get to parks by rope drop. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter