Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question! Will the fridges in the rooms hold a gallon of milk? Or just a half gallon? Trying to figure out what I want to order for delivery!

Hello WL lovers! Our first family WDW trip will be this late Nov/ early Dec at Grand Floridian Sugarloaf Club Level, but I'm already planning to Bounceback for early December 2018 at the Wilderness Lodge Club Level! I've been going through this thread and loving it (although 355 pages is A LOT, lol!). I'm now "watching" this thread, and I'm so excited to learn more! :)

Yes- that was still the case the past few days.

I will say that we had some issues with transportation. Starting 7/1 and continuing through 7/5. There was a boat out of commission to MK, so there was a 45 minute wait one afternoon for a boat. Buses to AK and DHS both had 45 minute to 1 hour waits a few mornings. One morning, AK took us 45 minutes, and then went to Contemporary before going to AK (so it took us over an hour to get there from when we got to the stop). Typically in the AM you get a dedicated bus with no additional stops. Same morning DHS bus was called 4 times and people were still at the stop waiting over an hour at the point we got on the AK bus.

We did stop at the concierge and complain when we got back- it impacted our NRJ FP and our Tusker House reservation as a result. It wound up working out, but it was nerve-wracking...

I wonder if Copper Creek patrons aided to this? I hope Disney has it worked out soon. Some reports I've read indicate it's slowly resolving.

This is an older post, but I just had to respond that the Sea Marine H20 toiletries are still the product in use. We stayed at three resorts this last trip, and all three had the same stuff. My wife isn't a fan, either, and while I don't hate the Sea Marine, I will admit the old Grapefruit items were better.

I also prefer the grapefruit. I ended up buying my own bottles of shampoo/conditioner and throwing it in the owner's locker. I'll still bring back the sea marine stuff, I have a coworker who loves hotel toiletries. Free souvenirs!

I've read the toiletries are changing to this photo and have not seen it posted here. I'm wondering if those that are there now can confirm.
upload_2017-8-17_17-9-23.png
Picture posted [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up-2017.3568094/page-551#post-58069966"]here[/URL] by @a4matte

Here is my newest resort tour video: a 4K UHD Full Tour of Disney'w Wilderness Lodge Resort! I hope this helps anyone who is planning a trip or just helps anyone who wants to relive the magic!!

Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Thank you SO much!

I wonder if Copper Creek patrons aided to this? I hope Disney has it worked out soon. Some reports I've read indicate it's slowly resolving.
Preemiemama mentioned her dates as 7/1 - 7/5. Copper Creek wasn't open until 7/17, so I'd guess the issues she experienced had nothing to do with more people being at WL. We were there during the same dates and didn't have any issues, but we drove most places, only taking the bus and boat once each. That time of year is extremely busy, regardless, so any maintenance or personnel issues will bog things down quickly.
So, the water tank and crane are part of the theming? I've been thinking they were still doing construction! :)
They look like they are from Catastrophe Canyon.
Yes, I read an article that stated they did, indeed, recycle items from closed attractions, including the crane and water tank.

Preemiemama mentioned her dates as 7/1 - 7/5. Copper Creek wasn't open until 7/17, so I'd guess the issues she experienced had nothing to do with more people being at WL. We were there during the same dates and didn't have any issues, but we drove most places, only taking the bus and boat once each. That time of year is extremely busy, regardless, so any maintenance or personnel issues will bog things down quickly.
Yes, I read an article that stated they did, indeed, recycle items from closed attractions, including the crane and water tank.
Exactly. No Copper Creek that early in July. It was actually less busy than in the past- not even a phase 1 closing at MK on the 4th. I'm not sure what the issues were, but it was not pleasant. I truly hope they have fixed them now that Copper Creek IS open.

Exactly. No Copper Creek that early in July. It was actually less busy than in the past- not even a phase 1 closing at MK on the 4th. I'm not sure what the issues were, but it was not pleasant. I truly hope they have fixed them now that Copper Creek IS open.

Oh, that's right! I wonder what could have caused the delay, how frustrating.

Quick question! Will the fridges in the rooms hold a gallon of milk? Or just a half gallon? Trying to figure out what I want to order for delivery!
There is a shelf in the middle that could cause issues with a gallon. You could take it out, but I don't know how much other stuff you want to have in there. I don't have a gallon to try, but I will try to get you some pictures.

I've read the toiletries are changing to this photo and have not seen it posted here. I'm wondering if those that are there now can confirm.
View attachment 262777
Picture posted here by @a4matte
These are what were in the room for us. They seemed a little fancy for me, but I used the soap and shampoo.
IMG_9474.JPG

I love sitting outside in the morning at the lodge taking and posting pictures of the lodge. Life is good.
IMG_9514.JPG
IMG_9508.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a few different pictures from the Lodge this morning. First, some more from my new favorite open area, on the South side of the lobby on the 7th floor.
IMG_4857.JPG IMG_4850.JPG IMG_4840.JPG IMG_4837.JPG

Then below that, on the third floor from the unique hallway in front of the Explorer's Hall meeting room above the registration desk.
IMG_4820.JPG IMG_4816.JPG IMG_4815.JPG IMG_4806.JPG IMG_4805.JPG

And finally here's the 8:00 AM Geyser from the 7th floor lobby elevator area.
IMG_4827.JPG

Haven't stayed at WL yet to confirm but have stayed at GF, POR, and CBR and have been able to fit a gallon of milk in those fridges.

GrandCalifornian's pics of the soap products are perfect and just what we found when we were there recently. My wife and I preferred the more grapefruity-based products than these. The shampoo smells just like basic Gillette shave cream, the soap isn't as clean rinsing, and the shower gel is more minty than I prefer. However, I know many love the new products. Like food, everyone has personal preferences. ;)

The issue of a huge influx of guests at WL is a concern of mine. For a couple of years, the numbers were down and it was lovely and quiet (outside of the construction) at the resort. Before that, of course, it was a nicely intimate resort with plenty of places that didn't have cement. Now that CCVC has opened, I am a bit worried that the higher number of guests--combined with the addition of lots of walkways, access roads, a new pool with rocks as its thematic element, and more buildings with less wilderness--will complicate issues such as you mention.

I love sitting outside in the morning at the lodge taking and posting pictures of the lodge. Life is good.
We love that view and it is a major reason that we love to visit Geyser Point, even when we are staying somewhere else.

Here's a few different pictures from the Lodge this morning. First, some more from my new favorite open area, on the South side of the lobby on the 7th floor.

Then below that, on the third floor from the unique hallway in front of the Explorer's Hall meeting room above the registration desk.

And finally here's the 8:00 AM Geyser from the 7th floor lobby elevator area.

I love those views, too. One of the things I was wondering was how they were going to handle to carpeting in the south wing hallways (new) and the older carpeting in the north wing. Is it the same pattern? I don't remember seeing any reports that the north wing got new carpeting.

The issue of a huge influx of guests at WL is a concern of mine. For a couple of years, the numbers were down and it was lovely and quiet (outside of the construction) at the resort. Before that, of course, it was a nicely intimate resort with plenty of places that didn't have cement. Now that CCVC has opened, I am a bit worried that the higher number of guests--combined with the addition of lots of walkways, access roads, a new pool with rocks as its thematic element, and more buildings with less wilderness--will complicate issues such as you mention.

We were at the BC July 1st to 5th this year and went from MK to WL for lunch at Geyser Point on Sunday, July 2nd. I was worried that Geyser Point would be crowded now that the was open, but it wasn't bad at all. The only difference I noticed at Geyser Point from our earlier trips in March and May, was that many of the cushions were wet from swimmers who had sat on them with wet suits. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen pictures yet of the alternate studio, or the 2nd bedroom of a dedicated 2-bedroom?

We were at the BC July 1st to 5th this year and went from MK to WL for lunch at Geyser Point on Sunday, July 2nd. I was worried that Geyser Point would be crowded now that the resort was back to full capacity, but it wasn't bad at all. The only difference I noticed at Geyser Point from our earlier trips in March and May, was that many of the cushions were wet from swimmers who had sat on them with wet suits. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.
We were also at the World on those dates (through 7 July, actually) and agree that it wasn't too bad then. However, since CCVC wasn't open yet, we weren't able to see what full capacity would be like. I'm certain that compared to other resorts, WL will still seem quieter. However, we'll just have to see for ourselves during our next trip to the World. ;)

We were also at the World on those dates (through 7 July, actually) and agree that it wasn't too bad then. However, since CCVC wasn't open yet, we weren't able to see what full capacity would be like. I'm certain that compared to other resorts, WL will still seem quieter. However, we'll just have to see for ourselves during our next trip to the World. ;)
You're right, only the quiet pool was open, not the full resort. I forgot about that. ;)

I edited my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter