Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you consider DVC @ Wilderness Lodge ? Copper Creek Villas or Boulder Ridge (VWL) Villas ? I just checked on the Disney website, and both have availability for those dates: CCV all but the Grand Villas, and BRV has 1 and 2 bedrooms available.

We are staying for some of the same nights [Dec 9-12], at CCV. Price-wise, booking "cash" directly with Disney: WL Courtyard View was $433/night vs a CCV Studio is $483/night [price varies, that is the average for our 3 nights: 463, 489, 489]. Note this is rack rate as there is no room only discount available yet, and for CCV I am guessing there probably won't be at all since it has been excluded from all the others for summer and fall [but also not actually listed as an exclusion... strange... it is almost like they forgot about it, or aren't allowed to list it since it isn't open yet].

CCV villas are in what was the south wing of the WL hotel, so inside the main building. We were willing to pay the extra ~$50 a night to try it out [we changed from a WL CY view reservation to CCV as soon as CCV became available to book for cash]. I was particularly happy to discover the "wood" floors as that will be very helpful with our allergies, and I am looking forward to the fancy showerheads that come with the walk-in-shower studio. It will be our first time staying at a DVC resort, and if we don't like it we'll just go back to WL proper for future trips :-)

SW
Thanks for the great info! Definitely wouldn't mind staying DVC, but just don't think we could swing it without a discount. We've always gotten such great rates with the room only discount for WL in the past, so it's disappointing that they are already booked up for early December. It didn't make sense to me considering the busy holiday weeks are still available.

The CCV look so nice- I'm sure you will enjoy it!!

I'm trying to book WL for 12/9/17-12/14/17 and there's no availability. But they still have rooms available for the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas! Could Disney be holding some rooms or do you think it's really sold out for early December?

Not sure but those dates may still be some of the free dining dates. I checked a few weeks ago at some of the value resorts, thinking we could swing a quick trip during a period we could get really, really cheap airfare, but EVERYTHING was booked. The I remembered...the dates I was looking at including free dining. :rolleyes: :tink:

Not sure but those dates may still be some of the free dining dates. I checked a few weeks ago at some of the value resorts, thinking we could swing a quick trip during a period we could get really, really cheap airfare, but EVERYTHING was booked. The I remembered...the dates I was looking at including free dining. :rolleyes: :tink:

We are currently booked December 1 to the 7 at wilderness Lodge and I can tell you those dates have been sold out for quite some time and we are not expecting a discount because of that ... while we can afford to pay rack rate, I would much prefer to switch to GF ( because it also kills me not to get a discount ) since we have already stayed there (WL) and we would like to try something new... just watching and waiting right now but I do suspect that WL will not have any availability in the future during certain times of the year due to the fact that half is now DVC.

With that being said, it is a beautiful hotel and definitely something you should try during Christmas.

We are currently booked December 1 to the 7 at wilderness Lodge and I can tell you those dates have been sold out for quite some time and we are not expecting a discount because of that ... while we can afford to pay rack rate, I would much prefer to switch to GF since we have already stayed there (WL) and we would like to try something new... just watching and waiting right now but I do suspect that WL will not have any availability in the future during certain times of the year due to the fact that half is now DVC.

With that being said, it is a beautiful hotel and definitely something you should try during Christmas.
:) quoted the wrong person LOL

Does anyone know if they built a Community Hall? I know there was a rumor of one of the new buildings becoming a community hall, am keeping my fingers crossed as my son fell in love with the community hall at BWV last summer.

Hi! Anybody knows if Shely or Mark are still working at the OFC on Wilderness Lodge? There we're great to our family in past trips! Thanks!

Does anyone know if they built a Community Hall? I know there was a rumor of one of the new buildings becoming a community hall, am keeping my fingers crossed as my son fell in love with the community hall at BWV last summer.
Yes, it is called Reunion Station and you can see pictures of it on our Facebook page, Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages.

Humphrey's Facebook Page shows pics of Roaring Fork open! It looks like the biggest change is they moved the beverage refill station into the "dining" room and added refrigerated cases where the drinks used to be. It looks nice, and I am glad it is open for the summer!

It is located on the other side of Geyser Point Bar and Grill.

IMG_3370_zps6zo0ikoy.jpg

The covered patio to the right seems to be part of the Community Hall.

Wow, i'm so excited to tell the kids! :rainbow: I hope it will be open for our visit. Thanks for posting the picture.

Wood Nymph, can you add our travel dates for this August, 8/23-8/28 when you get a chance, thanks!

Nice! So happy to hear that. I was hoping to get quick service Mickey Waffles on our August trip. What great news!
Sadly, early pictures of the menu do NOT show the a la carte Mickey Waffles options. All it says is "Mickey-shaped waffle with bacon or sausage." No toppings. Again, that's based on just pictures of the posted board menu. I see where stuffed French toast comes with bananas and mascarpone. Not the same.

Sadly, early pictures of the menu do NOT show the a la carte Mickey Waffles options. All it says is "Mickey-shaped waffle with bacon or sausage." No toppings. Again, that's based on just pictures of the posted board menu. I see where stuffed French toast comes with bananas and mascarpone. Not the same.
Here now- actually had lunch at RF. That was what I saw for options as well, but it's a soft opening today so things may change.

Noooooo! Disney might get an email if that doesn't change. I eat Mickey waffles with strawberries and whipped cream like everyday when we don't have a breakfast ADR.

Which resorts does WL share buses with and what is the order of pick up/drop off?
Generally on the way to a park (other than MK) or DS the bus may stop at another resort after WL, usually the Grand Floridian or Fort Wilderness, but sometimes it may be the CR or at busier times it will go straight to the park without another stop. On the way back from parks besides MK, it usually shares with Fort Wilderness but WL is always the first stop. The bus to MK is quick and direct both ways.
For more transportation info, check out the transportation post of the thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter