Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

3-5 days is fine. Phrase your request just as you have here, that you'd like a renovated room please. By June, I would think a good 50-60% of the available 5-people (Alligator Bayou) rooms will be done anyway, so you stand a good chance. Just as long as you haven't booked a Preferred Location room though, it's unlikely they will be done by then.

Andre

Thanks so much! We have a standard room booked.

Any update with how the refurb is moving along at POR right now? I know they started back up earlier this month.

Any update with how the refurb is moving along at POR right now? I know they started back up earlier this month.

Andre posted this just a few posts above yours, from Monday;

Only the recently refurbished ones, which is all of the 30s buildings and they are working on the 20s at the moment.

Andre

Only the recently refurbished ones, which is all of the 30s buildings and they are working on the 20s at the moment.

They started the 20's earlier this month. I was curious how they were coming along, if at all. They seemed to work quickly last fall at one time when they started.

Just booked this resort for the first time but had no idea construction was going on as the rooms are getting refurbished. How far along are they? Looking through this thread is looks like only the 30s building is complete?

Should I request a refurbished room?

Just booked this resort for the first time but had no idea construction was going on as the rooms are getting refurbished. How far along are they? Looking through this thread is looks like only the 30s building is complete?

Should I request a refurbished room?

They have recently started on the 20s buildings (each building that they work on will be closed to guests, so there would be no impact on your stay).

Whether you should request a refurbed room is up to you, personally I much prefer the look and style of the old ones (the new ones are rather more generic 'sterile' looking, detracting from the charm and theme) but some people prefer the new solid flooring to the old carpeting. The new USB sockets are pretty handy too, depending on how many devices you bring with you.

Andre

Hi! I’m so excited, we have our first stay at POR end of this month. We’ve stayed FQ twice and walked over and it’s beautiful! My question is we are traveling with my parents and our reservations are linked and noted as traveling family. They have a wheelchair accessible room and roll in shower. Does anyone know which part of the resort or what building these are in? Or if they’re everywhere. Are they first floor only? Just wanting to know to see if i should even bother faxing any type of request if the handicap room is only available some buildings. Thanks!!!!

Hi! I’m so excited, we have our first stay at POR end of this month. We’ve stayed FQ twice and walked over and it’s beautiful! My question is we are traveling with my parents and our reservations are linked and noted as traveling family. They have a wheelchair accessible room and roll in shower. Does anyone know which part of the resort or what building these are in? Or if they’re everywhere. Are they first floor only? Just wanting to know to see if i should even bother faxing any type of request if the handicap room is only available some buildings. Thanks!!!!

The map in the below link is interactive. If you click on a building you can see what room type each room is.

https://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php

Is there any thought/idea on when the refurbishment of the mansions is going to start? We are coming mid/late July and are wondering if getting a mansion room will be a problem if the refurb has reached that point. thanks.

If you want to get a room in one of the Mansions do you have book a Royal room? Or is there another way to guarantee that you get a mansion?

My daughter and I are taking a girls weekend starting tomorrow, Royal room. We've been painting rocks to hide around Fort Wilderness for our trip next month but thought we should hide a few around POR as well. If you find one don't take it to the park as security will confiscate them.IMG_8111.JPG

My daughter and I are taking a girls weekend starting tomorrow, Royal room. We've been painting rocks to hide around Fort Wilderness for our trip next month but thought we should hide a few around POR as well. If you find one don't take it to the park as security will confiscate them.View attachment 401200

Take one to Shelly the bar tender at French Quarter's pool bar (Mardi Grogs). They have a little collection there from all over the world.

Andre

The map in the below link is interactive. If you click on a building you can see what room type each room is.

https://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php
Happy to see a familiar name here at the POR thread. Staying in AB in late October (preferred room) for a couple of nights after an eight-night cruise on the Fantasy. My son with two of my grand-children will be staying too. I linked reservations and asked for connecting rooms but as we all know there are no guarantees. i'll be faxing in my request again before we leave on the cruise. Now to research this thread and the "unofficial" web-site. Stayed here many years ago when it was Dixie Landings and twice since it was renamed POR but all three times we were in the mansions. I wanted to try the AB this time just to see what it was like. Location near DS was important to us and since there are no park days for this brief stay I think the kids will enjoy the pool. Now to do some research.
Katesdad

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in September 2017 (one week post Irma - lucky timing!) and we plan to return in January 2021. Who would I contact to see if they have a record of what room we stayed in? Do they even keep that type of record? I want to be able to request our honeymoon room as a special surprise for my husband on our return trip.

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in September 2017 (one week post Irma - lucky timing!) and we plan to return in January 2021. Who would I contact to see if they have a record of what room we stayed in? Do they even keep that type of record? I want to be able to request our honeymoon room as a special surprise for my husband on our return trip.
The room number would be on the invoice that is given to you on the day that you check out. So the billing department would have it.

The rooms at POR are being refurbished and the room you stayed in 2017 will look different when you get there in 2021. :)

The view from our "River View" room 9539
IMG_8115__1558392604_52049__1558392604_94408.jpg
I showed this picture to the front desk before scanning my magic band and the woman said "I know just the room you're talking about" so I wasn't the first person to complain about this room. They offered to move us to a new room, but we were only there for two nights so it was more of a hassle. Instead they just took off $25 per night from our bill.

The view from our "River View" room 9539
View attachment 401953
I showed this picture to the front desk before scanning my magic band and the woman said "I know just the room you're talking about" so I wasn't the first person to complain about this room. They offered to move us to a new room, but we were only there for two nights so it was more of a hassle. Instead they just took off $25 per night from our bill.
There is no way that room should ever be sold as a river view. In fact, IMO, those particular rooms at POR should be sold for less than standard as “obstructed view” rooms. I am pretty sure that at one point the computers did call some rooms obstructed views, because we got a similar room at CS once and when we went to the front desk to ask to change the CM pulled our room up in the computer and said something about obstructed. They were at least aware of the view from that room when they pulled it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!