Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We just booked today ! We will be staying at POR for 6 nights in the end of October. We’ve stayed twice before but not for several years. We booked through a travel agent who was able to get us a Standard room and a bit of a discount. We actually need 8 nights but the agency didn’t have them under their promo.

The Disney website only has Royal Garden View rooms for those two nights and it’s just not in the budget to spend that much more.
There is very limited inventory for the two nights we need in any rooms at all, and I realized that not only is it food and wine, but the two nights we need are over Wine and Dine race weekend. :scared:
I was able to book them at Allstar Sports for now, but I’m really hoping something will open in a lower category art POR or at least Movies or Pop if we have to move.

We still have six months to go but I can make ADRs at the end of the month. I’m so excited to be staying at POR again !

Hi again! As mentioned above, I have 6 night reservation in a Standard View room for October with a travel agency rate. By watching and checking the website this week I managed to snag the other two nights we need at POR. But these two nights are in a “Standard View 5th Sleeper”.
Is there any hope of being able to stay in the same room ? I was hoping to be in an Aliigator Bayou room the whole time but it’s not the end of the world if we aren’t. I’m just not familiar with where the Standard View Rooms are, and if the 5th sleeper ones are somewhere else entirely.

Hi again! As mentioned above, I have 6 night reservation in a Standard View room for October with a travel agency rate. By watching and checking the website this week I managed to snag the other two nights we need at POR. But these two nights are in a “Standard View 5th Sleeper”.
Is there any hope of being able to stay in the same room ? I was hoping to be in an Aliigator Bayou room the whole time but it’s not the end of the world if we aren’t. I’m just not familiar with where the Standard View Rooms are, and if the 5th sleeper ones are somewhere else entirely.
The Standard view with 5th sleeper are in Alligator Bayou. There are Standard rooms in the two non Royal Mansion buildings. You can see if you can get the two reservations linked. I know you can do this when you make them yourself ,not sure how it works with a TA reservation & a non TA one. Worst case you can check when get to POR to see if they can keep you in the same room.

The Standard view with 5th sleeper are in Alligator Bayou. There are Standard rooms in the two non Royal Mansion buildings. You can see if you can get the two reservations linked. I know you can do this when you make them yourself ,not sure how it works with a TA reservation & a non TA one. Worst case you can check when get to POR to see if they can keep you in the same room.
Thank you. So it sounds like we will be in Mansions. I will keep watching the website and see if I can snag a Standard View room for the last two nights to increase the odds of staying in the same room. And I think you are right that my TA would have to be the one make any changes or requests for the first stay.

I have 6 night reservation in a Standard View room for October with a travel agency rate. By watching and checking the website this week I managed to snag the other two nights we need at POR. But these two nights are in a “Standard View 5th Sleeper”

If they have not sold all of the Alligator Bayou rooms, there is usually lots of overlap available to put overbooked 'Standard' category bookings into either the mansions or the AB area, so if you make sure the two bookings are linked on the system, and put in a request for the whole booking to be AB if possible (fax 5 days before arrival) then I think you'd stand a pretty good chance.

Andre

Are there any photos of the renovated rooms in Alligator Bayou? Did a quick search through the thread and didn't see any.

Thanks!

The photos I see there are of a renovated Mansion room. Didn't find any of Alligator Bayou room yet.
The first picture you see when scrolling down the page is a post from Instagram. You can click on it and scroll left/right to see pictures of an AB room. The first picture is of the resort sign.

I see they started the refurb for POR rooms this month on Andre’s sight (yay!) - is there any “feel” for if refurb will continue at same pace as originally scheduled? Preferred room for mid July and we would love to store our bags under the bed along with a fresh look.

Am I correct that all of the Alligator Bayou buildings are done with refurbs?

ETA: I just noticed that the Alligator Bayou 30's buildings are done, but the 20's are not.

Last edited:
We will be staying at Riverside for the first time this coming November. We have 6 nights booked in a standard room. It is my DH, myself, and my DGS who is 6. We stayed at French Quarters in 1992, but since then, have always stayed in the value resorts. We LOVE the Disney feel at the values, but are going to try something new this time. Do you guys have any suggestions for room requests? I had someone tell me to ask for the Alligator Bayou buildings, but since I know nothing about the resort, thought I would rely on the experts here.

Preferred room for mid July and we would love to store our bags under the bed along with a fresh look.

We too have this booked at that time---really hoping that this is completed. Thought last summer when we were there that it would be by the time this summer rolled around.

I have seen some users mention that at some resorts, the air conditioning turns off when it doesn't detect movement in the room. Is this true for the Alligator Bayou rooms? I'm concerned about it getting too hot at night when everybody is sleeping. Thanks!

My son and I are staying POR at the end of September. Is there an internal bus service between POR and POFQ? I'm not a fan of the breakfast options at POR. Also I'm interested in checking our POFQ. Thanks.

My son and I are staying POR at the end of September. Is there an internal bus service between POR and POFQ? I'm not a fan of the breakfast options at POR. Also I'm interested in checking our POFQ. Thanks.
It’s not a bad walk between the two. There’s a pathway and it’s a nice walk along the river. I do think there is an internal bus too however I am not 100% certain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter