Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

hmmm good call. I know I cannot make changes to the reservation myself as the TA booked it but you bring up a good point about calling to ask ahead of time. Assuming I can get a knowledgeable person on the phone which isn’t a guarantee when it comes the WDW...
It never hurts to ask. As a side note when my family booked Pricine hotels in the past, we could upgrade through the hotel for an extra price. I hope you get your upgrade.

Would I be able to call in this request? I don’t have access to a fax machine :oops:

No, calling will only get you through to the central Disney call center, not to the actual resort back room staff. The Reservations Center can still add a note to your account, but the only way to message the room assignment team directly is by fax (you can use a free online service to send it though, no need to actually have a fax machine of your own).

Andre

I am a bit confused by the bus stops at Riverside. Do you catch individual buses to each park at each stop, or a central bus to the main buildings and then transfer to the park bus?

Does anyone know if all the preferred buildings have been renovated yet? I was thinking of paying to upgrade at check-in if available and just wanted to make sure before I do so, that the rooms haven't been updated.

Hi guys!
I'll be staying in POR next month and I was wondering what kind of request you'd all suggest I send regarding my room, since we booked a King Bed.. in MDE the only options were: corner room or high floor.
If I were to try & request a few buildings for that room, what would (should) my options be?

Loved our stay at POR this past weekend! Started with our very first pixie dust moment when we were upgraded to a Royal Room. We did online check in so we were surprised when we walked into the room. My son was so happy about the princess and prince theme, especially the interactive headboard.

Boatwright’s was the surprise of the trip. It was cold and we wanted to stay close so we checked in there. Hour wait means they must be doing something right! We had drinks at River Roost in front of the fireplace as a way to celebrate our jump to APs on this trip. Once seated I had the crawfish bisque (SO good but so rich) and the shrimp and grits. Everything is slightly overpriced and portions are small but flavors were good. Finally caught some of Yeeha Bob which had the whole bar packed and singing Disney classics. Loved it. I will say though River Roost badly needs an update.

Beignets at POFQ were good. We enjoyed the walk over in the mornings. Transportation was decent. Just love the grounds and pool there. Housekeeping was wonderful and had everything cleaned at the same time everyday as well. It was only our second stay there but it’s still our fave mod :)

Which of the AB 30's buildings that have been refurbished are standard rooms? Thanks

The buildings with any rooms that face the parking lots, so in the AB 30s area that would mean a couple of rooms in 34, and more in 35, 36 and 37:

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean-ABonly.gif

For example, the rooms in white below:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-36.png

Andre

We will be celebrating our daughter's 5th birthday/pre-school graduation for 5 or 6 days in August 2020. The hotel choice we wanted to be cheaper since we will spending the extra money on other special things for her. I was thinking Pop Preferred room since the Gondalas will give another form of transportation. But she does love princesses and am now torn between POR royal room or POP preferred

Hi guys!
I'll be staying in POR next month and I was wondering what kind of request you'd all suggest I send regarding my room, since we booked a King Bed.. in MDE the only options were: corner room or high floor.
If I were to try & request a few buildings for that room, what would (should) my options be?

We have booked a king room a few times and we really liked the corner rooms because they have the extra windows and a neighbor on one side instead of two. We liked Alligator Bayou. Kings rooms are scattered all over the resort. We had a room in building 25 that overlooked the quiet pool and was really nice. We were also able to get a king room in the preferred section. I would make your request based on whether you want to be in Alligator Bayou or the Mansions. If you chose the mansions then ask to be close to the main pool. We had a room in Magnolia Bend that was really close to the bridge by the main pool. It was a quick walk to the lobby. If you prefer AB then ask for something like close to lobby, close to bus stop, quiet location, or nice view or something else you would like. :)

Hi everyone! Our family of 5 is booked at POR this August! This will be our first stay here (DH and 2 of our kids and I have stayed at POFQ previously) and we're learning everything we can ahead of time. Spent lots of time reading over at www.portorleans.org ! We have a garden view room booked. Originally we had a preferred room booked but I changed our dates a bit and the only thing available when we changed was garden view. This actually seems like it will work out well. I'd prefer to have a slightly quieter location anyway.
Looking at the maps and the pictures on the room locator, I'm thinking buildings 26, 28, and 17 will fit what we are looking for. I'd like the option of using either the West or South depot and have a reasonable (less than 7 minute) walk to the food court.) Easier access to a quiet pool would be nice as the kids like the swim at the end of the day. Do these buildings sound like a good choice? (We'd also prefer 2nd floor.) Any suggestions on how to word the request?

Any suggestions on how to word the request?

Put whichever one is the most important first, and then the second. Word it just like you would in a conversation, something like; "Our biggest request would be building 26, 28, or 17, and if possible, to be on the second floor in one of those buildings."

Hi everyone! Our family of 5 is booked at POR this August! This will be our first stay here (DH and 2 of our kids and I have stayed at POFQ previously) and we're learning everything we can ahead of time. Spent lots of time reading over at www.portorleans.org ! We have a garden view room booked. Originally we had a preferred room booked but I changed our dates a bit and the only thing available when we changed was garden view. This actually seems like it will work out well. I'd prefer to have a slightly quieter location anyway.
Looking at the maps and the pictures on the room locator, I'm thinking buildings 26, 28, and 17 will fit what we are looking for. I'd like the option of using either the West or South depot and have a reasonable (less than 7 minute) walk to the food court.) Easier access to a quiet pool would be nice as the kids like the swim at the end of the day. Do these buildings sound like a good choice? (We'd also prefer 2nd floor.) Any suggestions on how to word the request?

We love POR, it's our favorite moderate resort! We stayed in building 26, room 2660, second floor during our last trip and it wasn't a bad walk to the west depot. We did always try to catch the bus at west as opposed to the south depot since depending on time of day, the south depot buses could be full from the prior stop pick ups. We'd catch the south depot bus if we were coming from the lobby area and headed back to the parks. We never had major issues with it but first thing in the mornings the bus was full and several times our bus that we boarded at west, stopped at south to unload but nobody got off and not many could get on. It's not that far of a walk to the lobby and overall, the resort is very tranquil and serene. The landscaping and river is very pretty. We requested second floor, corner room and we did get that. Garden view was all that was available when we booked but to be honest, the view in the moderate resorts isn't a big deal since you don't have a private balcony anyway. I would be fine with parking lot or pool too. I don't recall exactly what I requested in my room request other than corner and second floor. The room finder function on touring plans is pretty helpful since some of the rooms have pictures of views and reviews. This may be only for paid subscriptions, not sure if the free subscription can access that. POR is a big resort but if you are able bodied and don't mind walking some, it's not bad. Granted we've never gotten caught in a rain storm (yet). :flower::flower1: I really like POR. We usually always say when we go back to WDW, we're gonna try another resort and we almost always end up back at POR.

Reactions: DLo
Not sure what to do.... We booked a trip with "the agency" I have 2 rooms booked with the 5th person sleeper just so we are definitely in AB area. I wanted a perferred room but it is unavailable with her deal.

My 2 requests were going to be connecting rooms and close to main lobby as possible but now I'm freaking out.

When we stayed at POR years ago we stayed in the royal rooms never thought that AB area didn't have elevators! My mom has to have a scooter due to back issues and needs it to get back and forth to the room.

We like POR but it is rather large of a resort for us and was hoping to just book preferred.... problem solved but can't I don't mind paying the extra money for it at all it just not an option.

Now I'm stressing that adding a third request ground floor due to scooter will bump our other 2 request ugh!!!

I booked POR over FQ because of the 5 th sleeper with the kids not wanting to share a bed but I'm considering moving over to FQ because it is a smaller resort.

Does the pool measure up to POR?
Not sure what to do with these stinking requests!

My 2 requests were going to be connecting rooms and close to main lobby as possible but now I'm freaking out.

Requests are requests, you might get them you might not. That is always the case. It really isn't a make-or-break deal, and you shouldn't stress too much over it and just enjoy what you get.

However I would contact them to say that you NEED a ground floor room as one of your party users a scooter and will not be able to use stairs at all. You could contact the special assistance line for that, as it's not really a general request but a medical necessity. At the same time you could also ask to be not too far from the food court and bus stop for the same reason. They will try to assign multiple rooms in one booking near to each other anyway, although that does not necessarily mean Connecting. Worth checking that the two bookings are properly linked on the system so they can see that though.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!