Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

@DisneyRunner2009 I drink the VitaWaterZero myself, should be aware that Disney really nails you on the price, checking the price at the Boardwalk Bakery menu shows the VitaminWater is now going for $4.49 per bottle! That was one of the reasons I used AmazonPrime Now to have a case of water and VitaWater delivered to us. I understand markup, but when I can buy a bottle for .89¢ it makes my blood boil that Disney is marking it up well over $3.60 a bottle.

Same. I drink Smart Water and always have it delivered. The upcharge on property is crazy.

We have a river view room booked (only option available for discount). For those who are frequent visitors, would you request a room in the mansions or AB?

There are three of us so we don’t need a fifth bed. We stayed at POR in a royal room on our first trip to WDW (5 years ago already!), so either will be a new experience for us.

Thanks Sue! Assuming its the standard LemonAid flavor, do you know if it's the Zero by chance?

The French Quarter beverage machines are Coca Cola Freestyle units, so there are lots of options to choose from.

Riverside still uses the basic tap-style dispensers though, so only a set specific range of flavours there.

Andre

We have a river view room booked (only option available for discount). For those who are frequent visitors, would you request a room in the mansions or AB?

There are three of us so we don’t need a fifth bed. We stayed at POR in a royal room on our first trip to WDW (5 years ago already!), so either will be a new experience for us.
My personal pref is the mansion section. We had a river view room in Acadian House. The views from Magnolia Terrace are nice too.
It’s a personal pref which area and room decor appeals to you. I don’t care for the AB rooms. You have to sacrifice a dresser for the Murphy bed which we don’t need.

What is the first bus stop in RIverside? What building is closest to that bus stop? We are going in May and by the time we get back from the park My ankles are pretty stiff.

What is the first bus stop in RIverside? What building is closest to that bus stop? We are going in May and by the time we get back from the park My ankles are pretty stiff.
We requested and stayed in Building 34 last trip. This location works so well for transportation. It's a 90 second walk to the West Depot which is usually the first drop off at night and first for pickup. That way, you are getting to sit for the drive to the park and getting off the bus first at night and not having to wait an additional 5 minutes at night. (Those five minutes at the end of the night make a big difference when you just want to get the HECK off the bus!)

I am sorry but I did not read through all 420 pages. Can you tell me if they still do the carving station? It is no longer on the menu at All Ears.
Opps. Never mind, I found it.​

Last edited:
Booked my first trip to WDW today, chose POR! I think my wife will love it, New Orleans area of Disneyland has always been her favorite. Booked a garden view 5th sleeper room, any tips on what area to request at check-in?

Also, searched a bit for travel times (via Bus) to the different parks from POR, can't find anything. if someone could give ballpark travel times I would appreciate it.

Very excited, long time Disneyland visitor. Can't wait to see "the other" side of Disney!

Booked my first trip to WDW today, chose POR! I think my wife will love it, New Orleans area of Disneyland has always been her favorite. Booked a garden view 5th sleeper room, any tips on what area to request at check-in?

Also, searched a bit for travel times (via Bus) to the different parks from POR, can't find anything. if someone could give ballpark travel times I would appreciate it.

Very excited, long time Disneyland visitor. Can't wait to see "the other" side of Disney!
Since you booked a fifth sleeper you will automatically be guaranteed to be in the Aligator Bayou area. Enjoy, your visit. POR is my favorite.

From the very informative https://www.portorleans.org/

Once the buses leave the resort area (i.e. after all the internal pickup stops) the journey times are fairly short. You should be at the Magic Kingdom within about 10-13 minutes, Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios will take about 9-12 minutes, while Animal Kingdom is the furthest away at nearer 20 minutes.

We are thinking of requesting either Building 25 or 34 so we can be close to the West Depot. How did people like that area? How far was it to walk to the lobby/dining hall?

Since you booked a fifth sleeper you will automatically be guaranteed to be in the Aligator Bayou area. Enjoy, your visit. POR is my favorite.

Thanks for the info! Is the Aligator Bayou area considered preferable? I was thinking the Magnolia Bend section looked great as well with the gardens. How are the views if you get placed in the Magnolia Bend area facing the parking lot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter