Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So how we are booked Port Orleans Riverside December 16-19. Last minute trip. We are in the preferred rooms. I have read that sometimes it is difficult to get a bus at the main bus terminal because they fill up before they get there. How long is the walk from preferred rooms to the bus top at French Quarter? 10 minutes? Thinking of walking over for the morning bus. We are military and usually stay at Shades of Green and walk over to Poly for the monorail.

We just stayed at POR Nov 14-19 and we found that if we picked up the bus at the main lobby, most times it was full or we were standing in a sardine can.

I think a visit during Dec. 16-19, you will definitely find that. We were in Building 26 in alligator bayou and were a 5 min walk from west depot which was the first stop and by getting on there, we were able to catch the bus. If we walked to the main building to eat or whatever and tried to catch the bus from the lobby, it would be full or standing room only. We've stayed at POR when they're not sharing buses and when they share buses and the sharing buses is a downer. The last stop at the main lobby is always the hardest to catch. We love POR and really would definitely stay again. But the last visit had us calling a minnie van to go back to the resort on our last park day bc we were all done and didn't want to stand for our bus ride back.

My dad and I will be staying in a Royal Room for our first time at the resort in January! I'm really excited. How do people find the food court area for breakfast? Ridiculously crowded, need to skip, or fine for some start of the day food? It's been awhile since we've stayed at a resort with the food court style area.
It starts getting pretty crowded closer to 7am. I was there one day around 6:45am and it was not terrible but busy. There are a nice variety of food choices but it adds up, pricy for what it is. We usually pack our own breakfast items and eat in the room. Oatmeals, fruit, yogurts.

My dad and I will be staying in a Royal Room for our first time at the resort in January! I'm really excited. How do people find the food court area for breakfast? Ridiculously crowded, need to skip, or fine for some start of the day food? It's been awhile since we've stayed at a resort with the food court style area.

I go during peak times and it's usually very crowded in the morning. However, I've never had a problem finding a table.

This may seem like a ridiculous question, but does anyone know if the Royal rooms (w/garden view) have window AC units that allow you to have a fan continuously running? It would save me from packing my sound machine for sleeping!

We went around 7 am most days and did not find it too bad. We liked the variety of choices and things could be made for my family members who have food allergies.

It really depends on your timing; before 8am its no problem at all. From about 8:30 -10 it gets crazy.

We are later risers and didn't have a problem with waiting long for food. Breakfast food like the waffles and pancakes are really fast, we never waited more than five minutes to get food or behind 1-2 families to pay. We usually went between 9 and 10 AM. The stations where it's made to order (omelettes, pasta) take a lot longer. Usually 10-15 minutes for those even when it's not too busy. I suppose it's a lot busier if you're eating early enough to make it to the parks when they open, but if I got up that early I'd probably just wait and eat at the parks or keep breakfast snacks in the room to tide me over. When I stayed at POP it seemed a lot busier all the time.

I see lots of people talking about lugging their luggage to their rooms. When you're checking in, can't you request to have a bellhop deliver/pick up the bags?

Hi Everybody - quick question, Is the River Roost Lounge a good place to watch a football game? We are a group of 13 staying Dec 25- Jan 4th and want to watch the OU vs Alabama game on Dec 29th. I was thinking about the ESPN place on the boardwalk but I cannot get reservations, I actually cannot even get anyone there to answer the phone. We also thought about Splittsville but we are staying at POR and thought it would be good to be close to the rooms for little ones or wives that actually just want to take a break. Any thoughts on the best place to watch the game?

Hi Everybody - quick question, Is the River Roost Lounge a good place to watch a football game? We are a group of 13 staying Dec 25- Jan 4th and want to watch the OU vs Alabama game on Dec 29th. I was thinking about the ESPN place on the boardwalk but I cannot get reservations, I actually cannot even get anyone there to answer the phone. We also thought about Splittsville but we are staying at POR and thought it would be good to be close to the rooms for little ones or wives that actually just want to take a break. Any thoughts on the best place to watch the game?
The game sound won't be on at River Roost, and you will likely not find that many seats available together there, as they have a live show in the bar that evening. I'd either try one of your hotel rooms, or a sports bar (not a generic bar).

This may seem like a ridiculous question, but does anyone know if the Royal rooms (w/garden view) have window AC units that allow you to have a fan continuously running? It would save me from packing my sound machine for sleeping!
I don’t have the answer to your question, but have you tried looking for sleep apps on your phone or tablet? I used to bring a small fan for white noise, but then discovered a great app called “Bed Time Fan”. I leave it running on my iPad all night and it keeps me from waking up when the ac unit inevitably kicks on and off.

I don’t have the answer to your question, but have you tried looking for sleep apps on your phone or tablet? I used to bring a small fan for white noise, but then discovered a great app called “Bed Time Fan”. I leave it running on my iPad all night and it keeps me from waking up when the ac unit inevitably kicks on and off.
We use an app too - life saver!!

We leave in 9 days. Just curious if anyone has tried the Walmart delivery service? It looks like a good option for us.

We have only stayed on site once. Last time, in 2013, we stayed at POFQ and really like it. It was small and everything was close to the food court. This time, while we would have loved to stay at a Deluxe resort, we cannot justify the price. Some day. While at POFQ, we really liked the look of Riverside. This time we booked from January 5th 2019 until January 12th 2019. We now live in Florida and have Silver Annual Passes - they were recently offering a discount to Florida residents and we saved $300 by calling - if you get a discount - take to a manager right away and save yourself an extra 45 minutes. It is now 25 days until our vacation starts. We do not have our Magic Bands yet - I will call when it gets closer if I do not see them.

We have only stayed on site once. Last time, in 2013, we stayed at POFQ and really like it. It was small and everything was close to the food court. This time, while we would have loved to stay at a Deluxe resort, we cannot justify the price. Some day. While at POFQ, we really liked the look of Riverside. This time we booked from January 5th 2019 until January 12th 2019. We now live in Florida and have Silver Annual Passes - they were recently offering a discount to Florida residents and we saved $300 by calling - if you get a discount - take to a manager right away and save yourself an extra 45 minutes. It is now 25 days until our vacation starts. We do not have our Magic Bands yet - I will call when it gets closer if I do not see them.
Have you checked your MDE account? You need to customize them by about 35 days out otherwise you get grey ones at check-in.

Yes I have and I will get a pink one and my husband a blue one. Although, I do not mind grey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter