Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry if this has been asked, but can we trade the drink for a desert at the QS on the QS plan? We couldn’t at CBR last night

Sorry if this has been asked, but can we trade the drink for a desert at the QS on the QS plan? We couldn’t at CBR last night

Depends on the CM you get. Technically, it can be done everywhere. But as you found out, if you get a CM that doesn't know how to or doesn't want to they will say it can't be done.

So how we are booked Port Orleans Riverside December 16-19. Last minute trip. We are in the preferred rooms. I have read that sometimes it is difficult to get a bus at the main bus terminal because they fill up before they get there. How long is the walk from preferred rooms to the bus top at French Quarter? 10 minutes? Thinking of walking over for the morning bus. We are military and usually stay at Shades of Green and walk over to Poly for the monorail.

So how we are booked Port Orleans Riverside December 16-19. Last minute trip. We are in the preferred rooms. I have read that sometimes it is difficult to get a bus at the main bus terminal because they fill up before they get there.

The whole point of the Preferred Rooms is that one of the perks is being close to the resort's main bus stop (South), which is in fact the one I normally use. In 20+ years of going to the resort I have rarely found it unmanageably busy there, other than occasionally when trying to get to parks at high-peak times of day. You'll probably be fine though, as you will be there a few days before the real madness of Xmas week starts. Try it and see how you get on?

If you really want to use a different stop, I'd suggest Riverside West Depot would be best from the preferred area, which is no more than a 5 minute walk. POFQ would be nearer 10-15 minutes.

Andre

The whole point of the Preferred Rooms is that one of the perks is being close to the resort's main bus stop (South), which is in fact the one I normally use. In 20+ years of going to the resort I have rarely found it unmanageably busy there, other than occasionally when trying to get to parks at high-peak times of day. You'll probably be fine though, as you will be there a few days before the real madness of Xmas week starts. Try it and see how you get on?

If you really want to use a different stop, I'd suggest Riverside West Depot would be best from the preferred area, which is no more than a 5 minute walk. POFQ would be nearer 10-15 minutes.

Andre
Thank you Andre!

We were just there Thanksgiving Week in a Royal Room. Sometimes we used the depot near there (East) and other times used the main depot (south) and never had a bus issue.

We have a standard room booked, and just found out about the lack of elevators in AB. We put in a request for the ground floor. I am seriously hoping that we don't have to deal to stairs and luggage. Plus, walking up stairs every time we return to our room. (We usually stay at POP Century and I had no idea there were be no elevators at POR Riverside!)

We have a standard room booked, and just found out about the lack of elevators in AB. We put in a request for the ground floor. I am seriously hoping that we don't have to deal to stairs and luggage. Plus, walking up stairs every time we return to our room. (We usually stay at POP Century and I had no idea there were be no elevators at POR Riverside!)

Yeah, none of the WDW resort buildings that only have 2 floors have elevators.

Thanks for the reply. I had no idea about that. REALLY hoping we get our request for ground floor......

Luggage they can help you with, they have carts that can get stuff up and down the stairs. And unless you have a mobility issue, it's just one flight of stairs, and not especially steep, so we've never found it a problem at all. In fact, it would take far longer walking to and from and waiting for a lift in the three-storey buildings every time we wanted to go up or down. I think it's less than 20 steps.

Andre

So how we are booked Port Orleans Riverside December 16-19. Last minute trip. We are in the preferred rooms. I have read that sometimes it is difficult to get a bus at the main bus terminal because they fill up before they get there. How long is the walk from preferred rooms to the bus top at French Quarter? 10 minutes? Thinking of walking over for the morning bus.

DS and I were in building 14 (closest one to food court) a few weeks ago. On our first day, we used the south (main) bus stop and it was very crowded. The next two days we walked to the west depot. It took about 10 minutes and was a pleasant walk. I'd say try the west depot and see what you think. I would not suggest going out of your way to use the north depot. On both occasions that we boarded at west, most people who boarded at north had to stand.

We are usually CBR lovers but I couldn't pass up a fantastic travel agent rate (1/2 price!!!!!) at Port Orleans Riverside. We have stayed one night at FQ and have visited FQ and Riverside a few times.

Here's my current situation. Our stay on Disney property is going to be eleven days/ten nights. I can only book the special discounted rate for seven nights and I chose the last seven nighs of the trip because they fall on Thanksgiving and could possibly be the most expensive portion of the trip.

Our dates are: November 13th through November 23rd.

November 13th through 16th will need to be booked at rack rate and I'll keep my fingers crossed that a special offer comes out that I can take advantage of. Right now, the cost of just those three nights is just $50 less than the great travel agent rate I received for seven nights.

November 16th through 23rd, we are booked in a standard room with the TA rate.

At this point in time, there are no standard rooms available November 13th through November 16th. There's only garden view or 5th sleepers and royal rooms. I am hopeful that a standard room will come open but, if not, I will book garden view. We are an unpack our bags and get settled in type of traveler. We have tried split stays and don't care for them too much. So, my question is this....what are the chances if I book a garden view room the first three nights that I will be able to stay in that same room for the entirety of the stay? Are there any garden view rooms that fall in the standard view category?

I need to go back and reread the first few posts and visit Andre's site to find out where the standard rooms are located.

Looking at the Recreation Calendar for December.... I don't see the specific nights of the campfire at Riverside. Maybe I am missing it?

Can anyone tell me which nights they have the campfire?

Looking at the Recreation Calendar for December.... I don't see the specific nights of the campfire at Riverside. Maybe I am missing it?

As per https://www.portorleans.org/recreation-schedules.php (and it's also shown on each day's activities list):

Evening Campfire Activities
will take place from 5:30pm-6:30pm on the same nights as the movies at French Quarter, and Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at Riverside.

Andre

Andre

I can agree with this. I have rarely had an issue getting on a bus. Occasionally, it gets kind of crowded, but they usually send extra buses if that is the case.

Luggage they can help you with, they have carts that can get stuff up and down the stairs. And unless you have a mobility issue, it's just one flight of stairs, and not especially steep, so we've never found it a problem at all. In fact, it would take far longer walking to and from and waiting for a lift in the three-storey buildings every time we wanted to go up or down. I think it's less than 20 steps.

Andre

I have experience with this too. I requested a ground floor room one year, but there wasn't one available on my first night for my room category. They helped me up the stairs with my heavy bags, and then relocated me first thing the next morning.

My dad and I will be staying in a Royal Room for our first time at the resort in January! I'm really excited. How do people find the food court area for breakfast? Ridiculously crowded, need to skip, or fine for some start of the day food? It's been awhile since we've stayed at a resort with the food court style area.

My dad and I will be staying in a Royal Room for our first time at the resort in January! I'm really excited. How do people find the food court area for breakfast? Ridiculously crowded, need to skip, or fine for some start of the day food? It's been awhile since we've stayed at a resort with the food court style area.

It can be pretty crowded in the morning. Honestly, I usually grab my breakfast and eat it in my room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!