Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Happened to us once at OKW. We noticed his tail sticking out behind a picture on the wall. It was just me and my daughter in the room at the time. She tried to get the little guy out, but couldn’t. We stopped at the front desk and they said they would send someone up. Don’t know if they ever did or not, but didn’t see it after that.

I can top that!! We had a lizard come in via scooter AND a little frog hop into our room at OKW! Guess we had the wildlife room :rotfl:

Can I just confirm how many buildings that are not Alligator Bayou have elevators? Our travel agent told us that apparently there are no more accessible rooms available (we booked MONTHS ago however) and we have a scooter in the party so need to be able to get it into the room.

Can I just confirm how many buildings that are not Alligator Bayou have elevators? Our travel agent told us that apparently there are no more accessible rooms available (we booked MONTHS ago however) and we have a scooter in the party so need to be able to get it into the room.
The four mansion buildings have elevators. Just stay out of Alligator Bayou and you'll be okay. :)

Hi everyone! I have a friend going to Disney World and staying at Port Orleans Riverside the week of Mardi Gras. Can anyone tell me what special things they on Mardi Gras Tuesday. Interested in characters or activities for the kids. She is trying to figure out what days to go to the park and break days. Thanks in advance!!!

How are the Christmas decorations at POR? What is decorated? Would you make a special stop on the way to Disney Springs to take in the Holiday atmosphere?
I have stayed at POFQ years ago and loved it. We are thinking of taking a bus from AK to POR on the afternoon/evening that we will have an ADR at Homecomin', and then continuing on via boat. Is there a lounge open in the afternoon for an adult beverage?
TIA

We just got back from a stay there Nov. 14-18. The lobby is decorated but it's nothing that I would make a special stop to see. I did not see the FQ lobby only Riverside. At POR there is a tree and a few wreaths but that's about it. Yes there is a lounge, River Roost off the lobby but I believe it opens at 5pm daily -not sure if that's too late for your plans. If you want to see a pretty hotel with holiday decor, I would carve out time for the GF and seeing the gingerbread house and decor there over the other resorts. We also saw the Poly but weren't impressed with the holiday decor there either. The boat ride is nice so if you do want to stop, you can hop off and see FQ after POR too and then continue on to Disney Springs.

Just back from our 2nd stay at POR, Magnolia Bend mansions last August and AB building 26, second floor, corner room 2660 this trip, Nov 14-18, room with Murphy pull down bed. We had a great stay overall. Only hiccup was we had no housekeeping our first full day so when we returned to our room that night around 11pm, we called housekeeping to make sure they'd be out the next AM with fresh towels and to grab our trash/recyclables since it was overflowing. They did come the next day and provided us with additional toiletries. FYI- they also still have full size H20 plus toiletries in this building, no wall mounted dispensers in this room...yet. We liked this location and found the walk not too far from the lobby and the west depot. Maybe 5 min but if you were not able bodied or traveling with strollers/babies, this room location could be a hassle. We also had a note that our carpets were recently steam cleaned and might still be wet/damp, they were fine and only a few small spots felt wet.

Lastly, we really like POR and have very few negatives but I will say that the sheer numbers of people riding the buses this time was cramped some trips to/from park/resort. We learned pretty quick that if you decided to pick up the bus from the main depot at the lobby, you might not get on since the main depot is the last stop and might be full before it got to you since this time POR and POFQ were sharing every time we rode. During our last visit, it only shared buses during busy times, park opening/park closing so no bus sharing meant less crowded buses. We did end up taking a Minnie van back from MK one night since the crowds were so heavy at the bus depot for POR/FQ compared to most of the other resorts. So as much we like POR, I think we will be booking at another resort next time. I would definitely go back but I need to expand my Disney resort horizons!!

Just back from our 2nd stay at POR, Magnolia Bend mansions last August and AB building 26, second floor, corner room 2660 this trip, Nov 14-18, room with Murphy pull down bed. We had a great stay overall. Only hiccup was we had no housekeeping our first full day so when we returned to our room that night around 11pm, we called housekeeping to make sure they'd be out the next AM with fresh towels and to grab our trash/recyclables since it was overflowing. They did come the next day and provided us with additional toiletries. FYI- they also still have full size H20 plus toiletries in this building, no wall mounted dispensers in this room...yet. We liked this location and found the walk not too far from the lobby and the west depot. Maybe 5 min but if you were not able bodied or traveling with strollers/babies, this room location could be a hassle. We also had a note that our carpets were recently steam cleaned and might still be wet/damp, they were fine and only a few small spots felt wet.

Lastly, we really like POR and have very few negatives but I will say that the sheer numbers of people riding the buses this time was cramped some trips to/from park/resort. We learned pretty quick that if you decided to pick up the bus from the main depot at the lobby, you might not get on since the main depot is the last stop and might be full before it got to you since this time POR and POFQ were sharing every time we rode. During our last visit, it only shared buses during busy times, park opening/park closing so no bus sharing meant less crowded buses. We did end up taking a Minnie van back from MK one night since the crowds were so heavy at the bus depot for POR/FQ compared to most of the other resorts. So as much we like POR, I think we will be booking at another resort next time. I would definitely go back but I need to expand my Disney resort horizons!!
Thanks for sharing! Now that CSR and CBR are upping their games, those would be fun to try.

We are visiting Riverside in a few weeks...can anyone comment on the refurbishments. Are they all complete? Not much mention in this thread. Thanks.

Thanks. I saw that before. Looks a bit dated given things were supposed to be completed a month or so ago...was hoping for anyone who had been in recent days to chime in.

Things were never meant to be completed a month or so ago, whereever did you get that from? The original schedule had the Alligator Bayou section due to be completed by the end of this year (and as the page says, this was delayed after they finished the 30s buildings) and the mansion buildings area will not even be started until sometime next year.

Andre

Last edited:
Things were never meant to be completed a month or so ago, whereever did you get that from? The original schedule had the Alligator Bayou section due to be completed by the end of this year (and as the page says, this was delayed after they finished the 30s buildings) and the mansion buildings area will not even be started until sometime next year.

Andre

The table lists planned starts in Sept, with a completion of 3-4 weeks. That’s what I mean by “things” were meant to be completed months ago. And the word “delayed” can mean anything. Is it an hour, day, week, month, or year(s). Figured the table would be updated to better reflect the progress. How about putting a TBD next to the items that haven’t started yet? It’s confusing...

The table lists planned starts in Sept, with a completion of 3-4 weeks. That’s what I mean by “things” were meant to be completed months ago. And the word “delayed” can mean anything. Is it an hour, day, week, month, or year(s).

If I knew any more, I'd post it, but Disney are not very forthcoming with information at the moment. At the moment all I know is that work is temporarily halted, which is what I put in bold type in a paragraph of its own (along with "please remember that maintenance plans and dates are always subject to change at any time"): The entire Alligator Bayou section was originally intended to have been completed by the end of 2018, but due to predicted high occupancy levels the process appears to have been temporarily delayed after the ‘30s’ buildings were completed.

Andre

We arrive next week but we're in a Royal room so definitely not expecting any refurb work in that area. Will keep my eyes open though, Mousey0324.

If I knew any more, I'd post it, but Disney are not very forthcoming with information at the moment. At the moment all I know is that work is temporarily halted, which is what I put in bold type in a paragraph of its own (along with "please remember that maintenance plans and dates are always subject to change at any time"): The entire Alligator Bayou section was originally intended to have been completed by the end of 2018, but due to predicted high occupancy levels the process appears to have been temporarily delayed after the ‘30s’ buildings were completed.

Andre

Might want to update the table as mentioned instead ...didn’t even read the lead in paragraphs. Otherwise it looks like an outdated table. Just my 0.02.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts