Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

How are the Christmas decorations at POR? What is decorated? Would you make a special stop on the way to Disney Springs to take in the Holiday atmosphere?
I have stayed at POFQ years ago and loved it. We are thinking of taking a bus from AK to POR on the afternoon/evening that we will have an ADR at Homecomin', and then continuing on via boat. Is there a lounge open in the afternoon for an adult beverage?
TIA
The River Roost Lounge off the lobby opens at 4:30 pm, I think. There is nice pool bar that opens around 11 am if you plan to be there early in the day.

When you are walking around, could you confirm that none of the thirties buildings that you come across have construction signs outside now? Thanks.

Andre

We took a quick look around last night and did not see any construction signs. Also all the buildings seem to be occupied with guests.

Do the royal rooms have a tub or shower? Trying to decide if I should add some Epsom salt to my grocery order.

We’re a family of 5 booked on a bounce back to POR for a week next August. My husband is dying to stay there. I’m a little nervous.
From the looks of it we’ll be in AB. It looks great but we have 3 kids and from the looks of it there’s basically no storage? I can live out of my suitcase pretty easily but I don’t even see where those get stored?

Help? Any tips/tricks I need to know? We’ll be with my ILs so I’m requesting either 16 or 17.
Thank you!!

We’re a family of 5 booked on a bounce back to POR for a week next August. My husband is dying to stay there. I’m a little nervous.
From the looks of it we’ll be in AB. It looks great but we have 3 kids and from the looks of it there’s basically no storage? I can live out of my suitcase pretty easily but I don’t even see where those get stored?

Help? Any tips/tricks I need to know? We’ll be with my ILs so I’m requesting either 16 or 17.
Thank you!!
There are drawers under the Murphy bed which you can access when the bed is up. There is storage space in the nightstand and in the unit next to the refrigerator. But the biggest storage area would be the closet, which you would want to maximize. Some people bring hanging shelves for clothes. We always bring extra hangers and hang everything that we can. We also stack clothes on the shelf above the clothing rod. If you can bring some bins to hold toiletries and small items then that would work well.

There are drawers under the Murphy bed which you can access when the bed is up. There is storage space in the nightstand and in the unit next to the refrigerator. But the biggest storage area would be the closet, which you would want to maximize. Some people bring hanging shelves for clothes. We always bring extra hangers and hang everything that we can. We also stack clothes on the shelf above the clothing rod. If you can bring some bins to hold toiletries and small items then that would work well.
I know I must be crazy but I didn’t see the closet in the floor plan?
Thanks for the tip about the bins!!

A few rooms have ADA Accessible showers (for wheelchair users) and no tubs, but they are usually reserved for guest who need them.

Andre

True. Those are the exception. I don't think about that, because I don't stay in those rooms.

I know I must be crazy but I didn’t see the closet in the floor plan?
Thanks for the tip about the bins!!

There's not really a closet, like some hotels have. There is a closet area near the sinks with a shelf and rod.

Stayed for the first time 10/15-10/20. We had room 8108, first floor garden view in Acadian. I had booked a standard view for the first 4 nights but then we added the fifth night and only garden view was left. I had faxed a request through Touring Plans 5 days prior and requested Acadian house (got it) corner room (didn’t get) and to be able to stay in the same room without having to move the last night. I said I didn’t mind being in a standard view that last night even though I booked garden because I just didn’t want to move. They put us in the garden view room the whole time. We didn’t have too long of a walk to the north depot. Buses were reliable. I don’t think we ever waited longer than 10-15 minutes. The video time screen just wasn’t working one night when we were heading to Disney Springs. They were crowded in the mornings going to the parks. My husband stood a couple times. Coming home wasn’t an issue because we didn’t stay until park closing. I’m so glad I took some hanging organizers to put in the closet area. It was really helpful. Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived around 10:30 so we had them hold our bags and took the boat to DS for lunch. They texted that it was ready while we were at lunch. We had gone to EPCOT after lunch until around 8:30 and our suitcases from Magical Express were waiting in our room. We were all so worn out and didn’t want to have to go to the reception area to pick up our carry on bags and grocery order so I called bell services and they quickly brought them to us. I had ordered from Publix via Instacart and noted for them to leave it with bell services. We had ordered some beer but they still left it.

General thoughts:

We had the large soap dispensers in our shower.

We ended up only taking the boat to DS once and that was right after checking in because it would have been a longer hike than the bus stop was from Acadian.

We did laundry once which was convenient. I like that you can see online how long until the cycle is finished. We brought our own pods and dryer sheets from home.

My husband is a coffee drinker and said the in room coffee was horrible. He ended up walking to the food court for coffee every morning.

I never visited the food court but my husband said it was always a madhouse and complete chaos.

We had to get dinner from the food court one night when we were too beat to go out anywhere and our Grubhub order was over an hour late so we canceled it (I don’t think a driver was ever going to pick it up). I got the create your own pasta with penne, Alfredo, and mushrooms. Plus I got extra breadsticks which were delicious! As was the marinara they came with. I was very happy with the pasta.

The room was ok, definitely in need of updating so I’m glad they are doing that. It could have been cleaner too. The corners of the bathroom had some hair and dust in them that stayed during our whole time.

We didn’t encounter any in room security checks but we were out of our room before 8 all but one day.

We requested late check out since my husband had to take the shuttle to Alamo at 11:45 for our rental car to head to the beach. They were able to give us until 1pm, which was great.

I wish we would have had time for a couple rest/resort days so I could have enjoyed the beautiful grounds more. With our busy long days I really only got to see check in and the outside of Acadian. I also had wanted to walk over to French Quarter but that didn’t happen either. We didn’t even make it to the pools.

I would definitely stay again after the refurb, but make sure to add in rest days to enjoy the resort more.

If anyone has any questions please ask!

We arrive in 19 days and have never stayed at this resort...I have tried looking this up but i guess i am missing it. So, I have a few questions:

Do the rooms have the shampoo and conditioner in the shower in dispensers or is it in the little bottles?

Hi all. I came to ask the same questions. We are heading to WDW tomorrow. I think, for the first time in my adult life, I'm not packed yet. We are taking carry on so I'm trying to limit my liquids. I was wondering what type of toiletries is being found at POR. I saw a previous poster mention the dispensers, does anyone know if they are in all rooms? We have a standard room booked. I need conditioner with my long, wavy hair, and I highly prefer body wash over soap .

Thanks so much!
Melissa

I had to change my reservation by one year due to having surgery. My original reservation was a preferred room but I was unable to book the category this time (despite being over a year ahead). Any chance my request for Alligator Bayou will be honored? I booked Preferred previously to guarantee the Alligator Bayou area. I booked Garden View this trip.

Hi all. I came to ask the same questions. We are heading to WDW tomorrow. I think, for the first time in my adult life, I'm not packed yet. We are taking carry on so I'm trying to limit my liquids. I was wondering what type of toiletries is being found at POR. I saw a previous poster mention the dispensers, does anyone know if they are in all rooms? We have a standard room booked. I need conditioner with my long, wavy hair, and I highly prefer body wash over soap .

Thanks so much!
Melissa
Hi, we were there in September POR standard room in block 17. There were no dispensers in the shower. They offered bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion when we were there. I took a set home.

Attachments

• E2F58BC1-FF23-445C-AFF1-78B4B52BFE58.jpeg
    E2F58BC1-FF23-445C-AFF1-78B4B52BFE58.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi, we were there in September POR standard room in block 17. There were no dispensers in the shower. They offered bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion when we were there. I took a set home.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is such a great help. I only need to pack body wash and face wash. Nearly done packing.

Thank you!

My original reservation was a preferred room but I was unable to book the category this time (despite being over a year ahead).

You need to book "Garden View - 5th Sleeper" (a new category which starts in January) to guarantee an Alligator Bayou room. Otherwise the chances are much more likely now that you will get a mansion building.

Andre

We have a river view booked for early March. For those with lots of POR experience, what would you ask for in terms of a room request in the river view category? I am leaning toward one of the buildings in the preferred area, but also unsure if they will be still being revamped.

We were in a royal room during our only stay here so this will be a different experience!

Thank you!!
We are here now and have a family of 2 adults and 2 children so we are not using the murphy bed and are using it for storing our cases with clothes still in them.
The area (closet) next to the sinks we are using to store our other cases. We also brought hangers from home.
There is 1 bedstand with a small drawer and under the murphy bed there are 3 drawers but it is easier for us to live out of the cases (as we are not using the murphy bed)
It would be a squeeze with 5 imo but i know lots of people do it.

Can anyone tell me if the mattress on the fold down Murphy bed is able to be taken off and placed on the floor? Staying in a 5th sleeper room late January with an 2yo and wondered if the mattress will come down or should I request a pack n play?

Can anyone tell me if the mattress on the fold down Murphy bed is able to be taken off and placed on the floor? Staying in a 5th sleeper room late January with an 2yo and wondered if the mattress will come down or should I request a pack n play?
You can request bed rails for the Murphy bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter