Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

There are 4 sets of King rooms that connect to another King room in the Magnolia Building of the Mansion Section.

Thank you! That's what the maps were showing, so hopefully that will work. I didn't think the CM knew what he was talking about.

I don't think they will guarantee any connecting rooms, will they? King is bookable, but not connecting.

No, they won't guarantee it unless you have more adults than kids in your party and are booking two rooms on the same reservation. We have 2 Kings booked, so I'm going to request connecting, and hope they can do it. It's not the end of the world if they can't but fingers crossed.

19 days until we check in :goodvibes This is our first stay at POR and cannot wait to see how beautiful it is.

Will the cm at check in ask us if we would like to opt out of housekeeping? Just wondering what has happened with others, I know it's not possible that 100% it will be the same for us :)

We just switched over to POR from POFQ for our late Feb/early March trip... I was torn between these two initially, so happy to save some money and switch! This will be our first time at POR, and since we have 5 rooms reserved (2 river view and 3 garden, 1 of which is handicapped-accessible) the CM recommended Building 85 Magnolia. I saw that after AB section, they will be moving onto the mansions for the room refurbs. Looking at the schedule, it appears to be taking them a little longer than anticipated. I'm really hoping that Bldg 85 isn't closed for reno during our trip! I know no one knows for sure... but what's your opinion on the likelihood of this?

the CM recommended Building 85 Magnolia. I saw that after AB section, they will be moving onto the mansions for the room refurbs. Looking at the schedule, it appears to be taking them a little longer than anticipated.

Unfortunately in Feb/March I suspect there is a good chance they will be working on 80 or 85 (although they may not close the whole building in one go, I suspect they may do it wing-by-wing).

Andre

We're going to POR in 2 days! We have a Royal Room since our 4 year old is a big fan of Princess Tiana (Princess and the Frog is her favorite movie!) <3 We are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and then taking the boat to Disney Springs for dinner at The Boat House. We're local to Orlando and wanted to stay inside the Disney Bubble for 2 nights to jumpstart a week long beach trip out of state! I hope POR is a good choice- none of the other DS area hotels appealed to us at all and I don't think I could convince my daughter to switch if I tried :p

I meant to ask- after Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party ends, how often do busses run? I've read that some people get on the POFQ bus since the POR bus can fill up quickly, but I'm not sure!

YESSSS. We booked CBR for a quick two night trip in early December but I've been checking regularly and a royal room at POR opened up for our dates! The kids are going to be so excited when they open that door! We usually drive down and camp at Fort Wilderness so they don't have any idea that anything like this even exists. The last time I stayed at POR it was still Dixie Landings! So excited!

October schedules now available, see https://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=300918 .

Andre

Thank you!
Painting on De’ Bayou sounds very interesting!!! I wonder if they'll be available on Wednesday, Oct 31st!

"Weekly registration is limited to just 16 participants. One fun thing to note is that you don’t have to be a resort guest to participate! Call to reserve your spot." My cup of tea! Hope it's Halloween themed!

I did a quick google search and found a few past themes...
upload_2018-9-30_20-12-1.png

Awesome! :artist:

I did a search and didn't really find much on this.

I booked us a BB offer for next Sept at POR. Have not stayed there yet so we thought we would try something new.
However, I just read that there are no elevators in the AB section; we booked a standard room so will probably be placed there.
If we are put on the second floor, how do we manage luggage? Are we expected to schlep our luggage up and down the stairs?
How many stairs? Are there ramps for the HC accessible guests or those that struggle with stairs?
Any help is appreciated. :flower1:

I did a search and didn't really find much on this.

I booked us a BB offer for next Sept at POR. Have not stayed there yet so we thought we would try something new.
However, I just read that there are no elevators in the AB section; we booked a standard room so will probably be placed there.
If we are put on the second floor, how do we manage luggage? Are we expected to schlep our luggage up and down the stairs?
How many stairs? Are there ramps for the HC accessible guests or those that struggle with stairs?
Any help is appreciated. :flower1:
No elevators and no ramps in AB, but the Mansions have elevators. I would request either a room in the Mansions (yes, they have standard rooms there) or a first-floor AB room. I would explain in the request that you do not want to climb stairs.

Re: luggage, there is bell services. They can shlep your stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter