Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We recently were at CBR and were pleasantly surprised to find Coke Freestyle machines throughout the resort at ice locations to refill our mugs. We will be at POR next week. Do they have these available as well at POR?
No. The old style drinks dispensers. POFQ have the coke freestyle machines though

Last month I was at POR for 2 nights and they did have the refill station where you could get ice and water that dispensed from the machine. I refilled my 36 oz. Yetti there each morning and the ice was still in it at the end of the day after adding water throughout the day. The water at POR was the best tasting IMHO.
I bought water in the parks to refill because the dispensed water they had around tasted funny to us and it didn't quench my thirst. Only in the parks though.

Just back from 2 weeks in POR so thought I’d give some thoughts. It was our first stay in WDW and our second stay in Orlando

We stayed in room 8041. I had asked for a corner room and got it. This was first floor. I really do think the extra natural light helps. We were 1 min walk from north bus stop. 3/4 mins from main pool. 5/6 from lobby. 2/3 from leisure pool. 10 from POFQ pool/lobby

Really it was an ideal location. Before going I thought being near the lobby building was most important but now I think being near a bus stop is more important. We usually only waited a few minutes for a bus. Only once we waited 20+ minutes for Disney springs. Most evenings and some mornings there was standing room only by the east depot but we were only standing a couple of times coming home. About half the buses we got shared with POFQ (never in the morning)

Our 8 year old loved the main pool and the activities during the afternoon. It was never over busy. The only gripe we had during the whole holiday was the wasps that were around the edges of the main pool. They seemed to be attracted to the refillable mugs. My wife hates wasps so she couldn’t relax around the pool.

The leisure pools had no such problem and were enjoyable for a change of pace. In the evenings we were the only family sometimes

The food court was very good. We had the QSDP and made great use of it. The steak and eggs for breakfast is a terrific use of a credit. We had no problem switching the drink for a snack (and sometimes grabbing a beer with the meal). We tried a fair amount between us and everything was good. A couple of nights we got a large pizza to bring back to the room

Overall we absolutely loved our time in POR. We generally (but not always) went out to a park, then back to the resort for pool/rest, then back out to park/Disney springs for the evening. We loved the freedom being a bus ride away gave us and how quiet POR was as a break from the manicness of the parks!

Anyone know which specific buildings are the pet friendly rooms? Traveling with someone with severe allergies. Our first choice of rooms are Royal guest rooms at POR but don’t want to risk staying in a dog area.

Anyone know which specific buildings are the pet friendly rooms? Traveling with someone with severe allergies. Our first choice of rooms are Royal guest rooms at POR but don’t want to risk staying in a dog area.

From things I've seen from people staying at POR, they are not following a policy for which rooms are pet friendly. If you decide to stay at POR, ask for a deep cleaning of the room. But with severe allergies, it might be worth looking into staying at another resort.

Last month I was at POR for 2 nights and they did have the refill station where you could get ice and water that dispensed from the machine. I refilled my 36 oz. Yetti there each morning and the ice was still in it at the end of the day after adding water throughout the day. The water at POR was the best tasting IMHO.
I bought water in the parks to refill because the dispensed water they had around tasted funny to us and it didn't quench my thirst. Only in the parks though.

The water fountains and even some of the soda fountains have some of the worst tasting water in FL. I grew up in S Fl and the water tastes better than Orlando area. I sometimes joke to my DH that they make the free water taste bad so you buy a drink! We do the same thing and refill but we pack the flavoring packets to kill the taste of the nasty water. We drink too much water to buy bottles all day.

And even if you decide to go to another resort, be aware service dogs/emotional support dogs can have been in any room, so if there is a severe allergy, you'll probably need to notify the hotel and have the room deep cleaned.

On the issue of dogs I only saw 2 in my two weeks there and they were just as we were leaving (a couple with 2 dogs and luggage opening their room in building 80 for the first time). None at all elsewhere

On the issue of dogs I only saw 2 in my two weeks there and they were just as we were leaving (a couple with 2 dogs and luggage opening their room in building 80 for the first time). None at all elsewhere

Same here. In two weeks I saw two (small) dogs, and a few more disability/emotional support dogs in and around the parks, etc. It really is not any sort of issue at all, it's not like you are going to be staying at a kennel with animals everywhere or anything like that.

They will try to accommodate guests with dogs in building 24, but it can't be a hard and fast rule as guests with Royal Room or Preferred Location bookings for example would need to be located elsewhere.

The policy is definitely going to be made permanent by the way, once the one-year trail finishes in October, with no operational changes from the way it is run at the moment.

Andre

Just returned home today from a trip to WDW and while there booked the FD Bounceback for next August at POR. I don't want to read this entire thread to find the answer, but can someone explain what refurbishments they are doing inside the rooms? TIA!!!

Just returned home today from a trip to WDW and while there booked the FD Bounceback for next August at POR. I don't want to read this entire thread to find the answer, but can someone explain what refurbishments they are doing inside the rooms? TIA!!!

You can bookmark Andre's page for updates as well, and also the order of the work and what they are up to; Refurb updates

You can bookmark Andre's page for updates as well, and also the order of the work and what they are up to; Refurb updates

I already went there, but it only says soft goods refurbishment. I'm looking for exactly what they are doing? Are they doing the same things to the rooms like they did at POFQ? i.e. removing rugs and replacing them with laminate? Adding a big screen tv to the wall? New mattresses? I wanted a description, if someone knows.

We're planning a trip in either Jan or Feb and are looking at POR we've stayed at CBR and POP before how does POR stand up against both we also loved our stays at both

I already went there, but it only says soft goods refurbishment. I'm looking for exactly what they are doing? Are they doing the same things to the rooms like they did at POFQ? i.e. removing rugs and replacing them with laminate? Adding a big screen tv to the wall? New mattresses? I wanted a description, if someone knows.

If you scroll down on the page there you will see French Quarter completed a soft goods refurb prior to Riverside, it's anticipated to be similar to that, and there are details of exactly what was done during the soft goods refurb at FQ on Andre's page. None of the refurbed buildings at Riverside are open yet to guests, it's close but so far no one has been in to see it.

Can someone who's stayed at both POR and POFQ summarize the differences?

We're big fans of FQ but will be staying in POR for the first time.

TIA

I was at POR July 28-Aug 3. I was in Acadian and I did see dogs several times. They were of the small, yappy variety. None were wearing a harness or anything signifying they were “working.” I avoided them successfully, but I will say it makes me think twice about staying at a dog-friendly resort again. I had hoped I wouldn’t see dogs, I read a bunch and it seemed like many people don’t. It didn’t ruin my vacation or anything, but I am not a dog fan at all.

Can someone who's stayed at both POR and POFQ summarize the differences?

We're big fans of FQ but will be staying in POR for the first time.

TIA

Here's what I think of; Riverside is definitely bigger (it has 2 distinct types of buildings, the mansions and Alligator Bayou, and a TS restaurant; Boatwright's) as well as being more spread out. The decor/atmosphere is meant to be Southern style, think Dixie ;) along the Mississippi River, and there a lot more walkways. The bus depots are different as there are 4; North, South, East, and West. And, the pool layout is different of course.

I love both FQ and Riverside and you can definitely tell they are sister resorts; the vibe is very similar though the decor is obviously different. Their food courts are both good, with the waterwheel at Riverside being really cool to sit and watch from the inside as well as the outside. River Roost Lounge is at Riverside as well, if that type of entertainment is something you'd like.

Hi there, I am currently booked for 10 nights at Pop for the upcoming September. However I will be changing the 10 days at Pop into a 6 nights Pop and 4 nights POR split stay. I will either be staying at a garden or a pool view room. I haven't decided yet. Before booking I wanted to ask the experts if the two room categories only qualify for the Bayou Section. Which category do I have to book to be placed into Arcadian or Magnolia? Is there a specific location I should request? But tbh no matter where they put me I will be more than thrilled to stay at POR...but it can't hurt to get some information to make the most out of the trip :) TIA:flower3:

Hi there, I am currently booked for 10 nights at Pop for the upcoming September. However I will be changing the 10 days at Pop into a 6 nights Pop and 4 nights POR split stay. I will either be staying at a garden or a pool view room. I haven't decided yet. Before booking I wanted to ask the experts if the two room categories only qualify for the Bayou Section. Which category do I have to book to be placed into Arcadian or Magnolia? Is there a specific location I should request? But tbh no matter where they put me I will be more than thrilled to stay at POR...but it can't hurt to get some information to make the most out of the trip :) TIA:flower3:
We've booked garden view and been placed in Alligator Bayou as well as Acadian House. I believe the same is true for pool view between Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace and pool view in Aligator Bayou.

I will either be staying at a garden or a pool view room. I haven't decided yet. Before booking I wanted to ask the experts if the two room categories only qualify for the Bayou Section. Which category do I have to book to be placed into Arcadian or Magnolia? Is there a specific location I should request? But tbh no matter where they put me I will be more than thrilled to stay at POR...but it can't hurt to get some information to make the most out of the trip :) TIA:flower3:

It's my understanding that the only way to guarantee one over the other is to 1) Book a 5 person room to secure Alligator Bayou and 2) Book a Royal Room to secure a Mansion stay. Both sections of the resort have both pool view and garden view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts