Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

This resort looks beautiful and the price is great! The only problem is that the rooms seem small. Has anybody stayed here with 3 kids? My kids are ds 14, ds 13, dd 11, and me & dh. We are coming to disney from feb 18-22. Most likely spending lots of time in the parks. We've stayed at Poly, BC, and AoA nemo suite. Please give me your experiences and thoughts. Thank you!

As other poster mentioned, I would be more concerned with bathroom situation than beds. The murphy bed is definitely bigger and comfier than I expected. My DS1's GF said she slept on one during a trip with her friends and was fine- she's 5'9. I'm 5'6- here's a pic of me on it (being silly of course). I would have been fine sleeping on it.
IMG_2916 - Copy.JPG
We booked two rooms since we had 6 people, but I think we could have done 5 with one bathroom and been fine, especially if it was my own kids. We really just wanted the second bathroom since the girlfriends were going and we wanted them to have some privacy.
As far as storage, under the murphy bed there are drawers.
IMG_2918 - Copy.JPG
There's also hanging space. We always bring our own hangers but they provide some too. I like to be able to hang outfits, then just dump dirty clothes back in the suitcases.
IMG_2912 - Copy.JPG

A little off topic, but has anyone had trouble trying to book today? I got an error message each time and I used different browsers and my phone. Just curious if it’s just me! I’m planning my 2019 trip and can’t wait to be back at my other home.

Where else can we fill our mugs in resort? Trying to figure our options and be prepared for October :)

At least one of the beverage dispensers is available 24 hours. However there are no cast members present to refill anything once they have finished cleaning the food court for the night, so occasionally some things could run out (and the hot coffee in the urn could get a bit stale).

Andre

At least one of the beverage dispensers is available 24 hours. However there are no cast members present to refill anything once they have finished cleaning the food court for the night, so occasionally some things could run out (and the hot coffee in the urn could get a bit stale).

Andre, do you know if are dumping the tea after 11 PM?

It seems like the breakfast options are less and less every time I go there. I used to like eating there every morning, now it seems like I'll want to go to FQ to eat.

Hi - I asked this on the disabilities board, but figured I should ask here. Where are the elevators located in the Mansions at POR? Are they exterior elevators that you also enter your room from the outside? Or is there a central hallway inside where the elevators let out, like a GF building or Poly bldg for example? Can the wings of the Mansions also be accessed by the elevator or only the 3 story main building?

It seems like the breakfast options are less and less every time I go there. I used to like eating there every morning, now it seems like I'll want to go to FQ to eat.

They just added a load of new breakfast items at Riverside, such as steak and potatoes, yum. And reduced the duplication across counters. I'll update my website menus when I get home after Wednesday.

Andre

Hi - I asked this on the disabilities board, but figured I should ask here. Where are the elevators located in the Mansions at POR?

The elevators are all located in the middle of the buildings in a small walk-through undercover area, see the floorplans on my site at https://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php.

So yes if your room is on the outer edge of one of the mansions it could be a bit of a distance from the elevators (slightly better in the 'H' shaped buildings).

Andre

The elevators are all located in the middle of the buildings in a small walk-through undercover area, see the floorplans on my site at https://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php.

So yes if your room is on the outer edge of one of the mansions it could be a bit of a distance from the elevators (slightly better in the 'H' shaped buildings).

Andre

I have been looking at your site already! It's awesome! Thank you!

They just added a load of new breakfast items at Riverside, such as steak and potatoes, yum. And reduced the duplication across counters. I'll update my website menus when I get home after Wednesday.

Andre

Great! I can’t wait to see the new menus.

We ate at the food court at POR SO many times during our trip and everything was really good! I like that there are several different options there.

Does anyone know how much the pressed penny machine costs? We're going with our grand niece and grand nephew this trip and I'd like to be prepared in advance.

Thanks. I have never done them, since our first trip was when our son was 15 so i couldn't remember if they were 26 cents or 51.

We recently were at CBR and were pleasantly surprised to find Coke Freestyle machines throughout the resort at ice locations to refill our mugs. We will be at POR next week. Do they have these available as well at POR?

Andre

I can't wait to hear about it! I always eat breakfast at the resort, and I wasn't liking the recent options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter