Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

This resort looks beautiful and the price is great! The only problem is that the rooms seem small. Has anybody stayed here with 3 kids? My kids are ds 14, ds 13, dd 11, and me & dh. We are coming to disney from feb 18-22. Most likely spending lots of time in the parks. We've stayed at Poly, BC, and AoA nemo suite. Please give me your experiences and thoughts. Thank you!

I have a question. Catching on this thread late. If you arrive to the resort late around midnight what food options are available? Because our flight is landing at 10:30pm and then the magic express to Riverside.

Any ideas?

This resort looks beautiful and the price is great! The only problem is that the rooms seem small. Has anybody stayed here with 3 kids? My kids are ds 14, ds 13, dd 11, and me & dh.
The rooms are really small for five people. The ones with the pull down Murphy bed will ease the sleeping arraignment, but it will get "close" pretty fast.

I have a question. Catching on this thread late. If you arrive to the resort late around midnight what food options are available? Because our flight is landing at 10:30pm and then the magic express to Riverside.

Any ideas?
Most resorts, including POR stop serving food by midnight if not earlier. You can pick something up at the airport. Pizza delivery might be available to the resort but we haven’t had it that late.

This resort looks beautiful and the price is great! The only problem is that the rooms seem small. Has anybody stayed here with 3 kids? My kids are ds 14, ds 13, dd 11, and me & dh. We are coming to disney from feb 18-22. Most likely spending lots of time in the parks. We've stayed at Poly, BC, and AoA nemo suite. Please give me your experiences and thoughts. Thank you!

We've done it successfully. If you don't spend a ton of time in the room, it's fine. The resort is beautiful with lots of pathways. My kids like exploring, including over to POFQ. The boat to Disney Springs is a nice amenity.

The pull down bed is approximately 63”x30”, I assume it would be your dd sleeping in that and 2 ds’s sharing a bed? As long as they are all ok with those sleeping arrangements I think it would be ok. The thing I would worry about is just the 1 toilet and 1 shower, but if you know your family would be ok with that then go for it! Check portorleans dot org for sone 360 room views.

We've never stayed at POR, but will be in three weeks! Suggestions for lunch/dinner favorites at Riverside Mill?
They also have a carving station in the evening, it changes, but there's generally ham, turky or beef roast with mashed potato, corn and gravy, as well as a biscuit

We just stayed in a room with four - DH, myself, DS 12, DS 12 - and I thought the space was fine. Granted, you have one more in your party, but I’m imagining us with one more and it would’ve been very doable. With 5, you get the third bed, but lose the storage space. Honestly, POR rooms don’t have a lot of storage, even if not in a room with the third bed. That might be the only problem. We took along a 6-pocket storage thingy that we hung on the rack in the closet area. If you stay at POR, you might want to consider doing the same.

Any ideas?

Our flight was delayed and we arrived really late, sometime after midnight and nothing was open. I think in-room pizza is open until midnight, maybe 1am. I would suggest grabbing something at airport if possible, or bringing snacks to eat on the bus to the resort in the event your flight is delayed like ours.

Our flight was delayed and we arrived really late, sometime after midnight and nothing was open. I think in-room pizza is open until midnight, maybe 1am.

They have just changed the opening hours of the food court at Riverside, and not for the better. The Bakery and Grab'n'Go now open at 6:30am (used to be 6am) so that is the earliest you can get anything to eat. And at the other end, the Bakery and Pizza counters used to stay open until midnight and now everything is closed by 11pm. In-room pizza delivery is still available until 1am.

Andre

They have just changed the opening hours of the food court at Riverside, and not for the better. The Bakery and Grab'n'Go now open at 6:30am (used to be 6am) so that is the earliest you can get anything to eat. And at the other end, the Bakery and Pizza counters used to stay open until midnight and now everything is closed by 11pm. In-room pizza delivery is still available until 1am.

Andre
Does the food court stay open? (minus the food)

Where else can we fill our mugs in resort? Trying to figure our options and be prepared for October :)

We've never stayed at POR, but will be in three weeks! Suggestions for lunch/dinner favorites at Riverside Mill?
We love Riverside Mill. Our fav is the make your own pasta section. Really yummy and portions are huge. My daughter & I usually share.

Just a word on pizza if you’re depending on it. We called last night about 12.30 and were told it would be about 1hr15 wait

We politely said no thanks and fell asleep

Thanks. We are arriving tonight and if that happens we might use seamless, grubhub or ubereats to get something from off property quicker.

They are snug and depending on how tall the child is that would be sleeping on the pull down bed, they may not fit. It is “child-sized”, unlike the beds at deluxe resorts that are full-sized twin beds. My dd (12) would definitely not fit, way too tall, and would be uncomfortable trying to sleep there each night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter