Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We will be on the dining plan and wonder if a meal at Boatwrights is worth it? It's certainly convenient for our resort day. I watched the DIS guy's review, however, none of them ordered the meal I would likely get...the prime rib.

Everyone has different tastes, but I wanted to let you know that we ate there last year and we LOVED it! It was so good that I remember that I had the Prime Rib and Pecan Pie for dessert but I could not tell you what I ate yesterday. :hyper2:

We will be on the dining plan and wonder if a meal at Boatwrights is worth it? It's certainly convenient for our resort day. I watched the DIS guy's review, however, none of them ordered the meal I would likely get...the prime rib.

DH, DS2, and I ate there for first meal on last stay at POFQ and so did DS1 and GF. Everyone requested we eat there again on this trip, and when they found out we were staying at POR they requested it as the first meal. We all got something different and thoroughly enjoyed. Great service too. I remember the CM who sat us was even very accommodating to DS2 who had a cast from fracturing his ankle and was on crutches. She made sure we were seated somewhere low traffic so he wouldn't be bumped and his crutches wouldn't be in the way. It's just those little things that make things memorable.

Packing stress has begun....35 days until we arrive for our 12-day trip...packing for 3 kids...ugh. Sorry if I ask a million questions over the next couple of weeks.

I know there is information in here about laundry and I searched for it but can't find it.

I know that the laundry facilitates are next to the quiet pools - we will be in AB since we are a party of 5. What laundry detergent does it take? I've read that people bring Tide pods? Is detergent sold in the laundry room from a vending machine? Do the laundry machines only take credit cards to pay?

Has any one used the this to track their laundry with their iphone : www.laundryview.com/disneyworld . When I'm looking at it now my phone and my computer show me different information about what is in use.

Packing stress has begun....35 days until we arrive for our 12-day trip...packing for 3 kids...ugh. Sorry if I ask a million questions over the next couple of weeks.

I know there is information in here about laundry and I searched for it but can't find it.

I know that the laundry facilitates are next to the quiet pools - we will be in AB since we are a party of 5. What laundry detergent does it take? I've read that people bring Tide pods? Is detergent sold in the laundry room from a vending machine? Do the laundry machines only take credit cards to pay?

Has any one used the this to track their laundry with their iphone : www.laundryview.com/disneyworld . When I'm looking at it now my phone and my computer show me different information about what is in use.
Washing machines and dryers are located in laundry rooms near to each of the quiet/leisure pools at Riverside and also behind Mardi Grogs (near to the Doubloon Lagoon pool) at French Quarter. Washing costs $3.00 per load, payable only via credit card (the price was increased from $2.00 to $2.50 on 28 April 2015, and then to $3.00 sometime around the start of 2016). Individual portions of various detergents/etc — currently Tide, Clorox, Ultra-Downy and Bounce — are available for a further $1 if you haven’t brought your own. The dryers now also cost $3.00 per hour.The location of these laundry facilities is very convenient as you can set a machine load going and then take a relaxing dip in the pool while you’re waiting for it to finish. The machines are available 24 hours, but if you’re a night-owl and plan to use the laundry rooms after midnight you’ll need to take your Magic Band to gain access.
https://www.portorleans.org/services.php

Never mind... Changing resorts. LOL. Money saved is always a good thing. :)

Last edited:
We are 34 days from checking in and are so excited. I’d like to request Magnolia Bend. Is it best to have my TA note my request, fax in the request, or both? If fax, any suggestions on how to do that without a fax machine?

Thanks!

Just booked for POR Riverside August 2019 with free qsdp so excited. Our 10th trip but first time at POR

Was this a bounce back offer or something? How did you get free dining for 2019 at POR, especially since POR isn't included in this year's free dining offer? Great job getting it, have stayed there three times, my favorite moderate resort.

Yes our free dining is very early compared to yours and often the offer is different. In the past we have only got free qsdp for moderates when USA bookings have had free ddp but equally we don’t seem to get as many blackout dates historically.
POR is our last moderate to visit and I can’t wait.

Yes our free dining is very early compared to yours and often the offer is different. In the past we have only got free qsdp for moderates when USA bookings have had free ddp but equally we don’t seem to get as many blackout dates historically.

I figured it had to be something like that. POR has been excluded from most offers, at least with regards to free dining, for at least the last two years for US residents. You'll love the resort. We love the alligator bayou section, and Old Man Island is a great pool with probably one of the best slides at the moderate level. Great food court and also a hidden gem with the onsite sit down dining at Boatwright's. Jealous just talking about it.

Be sure to save time and catch YeeHaw Bob's show at the RiverRoost Lounge. I think he does Wed thru Saturdays in the evenings. Good clean funny show, a piano man. The lounge is always packed when he is there.

Come on down. All are welcome! The cheesecake awaits in the mill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter