Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone had the omlets at the riverside food court? How large is the kids size vs the adult? Enough for a small breakfast? Anyone have pictures of Riverside breakfasts - kids & adult plates?

Help with which building to request please. We received a pin in the mail and were able to save over 200 to downgrade from a pool view to a garden view. We would like to be closer to main building or a bus stop that leaves as the last pick up. Which building should we request in our fax? Help please! Also which bus stop would be a last pick up one- so that it heads straight to park after scooping up the guests?

Help with which building to request please. We received a pin in the mail and were able to save over 200 to downgrade from a pool view to a garden view. We would like to be closer to main building or a bus stop that leaves as the last pick up. Which building should we request in our fax? Help please! Also which bus stop would be a last pick up one- so that it heads straight to park after scooping up the guests?

From the awesome http://www.portorleans.org/

Port Orleans Riverside Bus Stops
(08 Aug 2013)" class="highslide">
The Riverside ‘South Depot’ bus stops

The main (South Depot) bus stop at Port Orleans Riverside is located to the right as you exit from the Sassagoula Steamboat Company main building, just outside the rear exit of Fulton’s General Store. For the theme park bus services, this is usually the final pickup before the bus departs for its park destination.

The first station (Blue Bayou Platform) is the stopping point for buses to Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Disney Springs while the second station (River Delta Platform) handles the buses destined for the Magic Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios. For Blizzard Beach change at Animal Kingdom, and for Typhoon Lagoon use the Disney Springs bus.

There are three smaller bus stops located clockwise around the Sassagoula Circle perimeter road, with about a two-minute drive between each Depot.

• The first stop is the West Depot, serving Alligator Bayou Lodges 24-26 and 28-35.
  • The second stop is the North Depot, serving Alligator Bayou Lodges 36-39 and also Acadian House.
  • The third stop is the East Depot, which is located behind Magnolia Terrace and also serves the rear sections of Oak Manor and Parterre Place.
The other buildings are probably best served by the main South Depot, but please check the resort map to see which stop would be closest for your particular room

The bus may pass up the last stop on the way to the park because it is full or maybe stop and only be able to take on a handful of passengers while leaving the others to wait for the next bus.

The South Depot is the last stop and can have a large number of people waiting due to many visiting the food court prior to going to the parks.

We always have had a car while staying at POR and use it a majority of the time rather than wait on the buses.

Maybe I'm ridiculous for feeling this way but it still REALLY bothers me that they have yet to fix and add Dale back to the animatronic display in the gift shop. They should be able to fix that overnight. How many months has it been?

Again it's the small little details that matter and they just don't seem to care like they used to.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside next month, how is the mosquito situation there? We stayed there 2 years ago, and god the mosquitoes were bad in May. Doing another may trip. They were especially bad by the pools (top of the waterslide was ridiculous. Status update? :)

I would request Magnolia Terrace building room location close to Old Man Island foot bridge

How is the breakfast in the food courts? We will be there in 40 days so hoping it’s good. We eat breakfast at the resort then go to the parks.

How is the breakfast in the food courts? We will be there in 40 days so hoping it’s good. We eat breakfast at the resort then go to the parks.
We usually have breakfast in our room, pack bagels, instant oatmeal packets etc. But once or twice we go to food court for the make your own omelette bar. It was very good.

We have 34 more days til we leave and 35 til we are at Disney! I feel like the time is flying by in some ways, mostly because we are so busy and are gearing up for my oldest dd's high school graduation and trying to make sure all loose ends are tied up but then it's going by slowly too! I feel like I am in panic mode, trying to make sure I have not forgot anything LOL Anyone else, feel like when you get this close, you don't know what else you are supposed to do? Adr are made, fast passes are made, trip is paid in full. Am I missing anything?

We have 34 more days til we leave and 35 til we are at Disney! I feel like the time is flying by in some ways, mostly because we are so busy and are gearing up for my oldest dd's high school graduation and trying to make sure all loose ends are tied up but then it's going by slowly too! I feel like I am in panic mode, trying to make sure I have not forgot anything LOL Anyone else, feel like when you get this close, you don't know what else you are supposed to do? Adr are made, fast passes are made, trip is paid in full. Am I missing anything?
We have 33 days until we are at Disney! I understand exactly how you feel. How exciting for your daughter to be graduating and then going to Disney!

Same here! Full panic mode. Daughter also graduating and trying to get everything settled. We leave in 11 days and I'm not even sure the younger kids have summer clothes that fit!

Start making check list of what you want to pack!

Congrats to all of you with grads! My daughter graduated 2 years ago and we celebrated at Riverside. This summer she'll turn 21 and we're celebrating again at Riverside! She takes after me, Riverside is her fav.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside next month, how is the mosquito situation there? We stayed there 2 years ago, and god the mosquitoes were bad in May. Doing another may trip. They were especially bad by the pools (top of the waterslide was ridiculous. Status update? :)
I don’t know how much this will help, as I don’t do pools, but I’ve been here since Saturday and haven’t noticed a single mosquito. And I have super yummy blood and get bit like crazy if there are mosquitoes around, so I would definitely notice if there was an issue on the walkways, boat, etc.

This is my first stay at POR and I’m really enjoying it. The theming in the Alligator Bayou appeals to me much more than I was anticipating and the walk to the food court is only a minor inconvenience. The only thing that keeps it ranking second to FQ is the shared bus stops. Not because I’ve had any issues, but because I never really fully realized how much I like being dropped off near the food court and/or gift shop at the end of the day. At Pop and FQ (my usual resorts), there’s only one bus stop, so it’s easy to grab food or a drink to take back to my room after a long day at the parks. At Riverside, there’s more of a struggle: do I want to get off at the South stop and make a pit stop, or do I want the short walk to my room instead? It’s not a huge thing (and I’d book a stay here again in a heartbeat), but the smaller size and single bus stop is enough to give FQ the edge when it comes to personal preference. But POR is a definite second.

So excited :cheer2: just booked our first trip to POR for Thanksgiving week! Has anyone here experienced the resort at this time? I’ve read that sometimes busses are shared with POFQ but is that still the case during the busy times of the year???
Any tips on how to make this trip memorable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter