Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone who has stayed at Riverside recently verify that they still are using the individual bottles of shampoo and conditioner and not the dispensers? Don't want to lug my own there if I don't need to! :) Thanks!

Building 14 still has the trial with the large bottles mounted on the bathroom walls. During the next refit (which starts mid-Summer) all rooms will switch to the wall-mounted bottles.

Andre

Building 14 still has the trial with the large bottles mounted on the bathroom walls. During the next refit (which starts mid-Summer) all rooms will switch to the wall-mounted bottles.

Andre
Used these at Pop a few weeks ago and they were great - loved not messing with the little bottle tops while showering!

So I just read that POR will be having a Mother’s Day brunch served. I made my reservation. But now no one from the dining line can tell me how much or what will be served. Anyone have any further information?

Last edited:
Anybody have the current April Recreational Activity and Movie Schedule? TIA.

http://www.portorleans.org/recreation-schedules.php

POR-Rec-2018-04.jpg

Andre

There won't be any construction, these are just in-room refresh updates, no major external work other than perhaps touching up paintwork while they've got a building closed. The biggest thing is probably the change from carpet to hard floor.

Andre
I didn't know they were getting flooring. My daughter just stayed at POP and she said it seemed so much louder with the flooring. I hope this isn't the case at POR. We like it because it seems quieter there!

So I just read that POR will be having a Mother’s Day brunch served. I made my reservation. But now no one from the dining line can tell me how much or what will be served. Anyone have any further information?
I'll be there for Mother's Day and I wasn't aware of this. I guess I have some investigating to do!

I didn't know they were getting flooring. My daughter just stayed at POP and she said it seemed so much louder with the flooring. I hope this isn't the case at POR. We like it because it seems quieter there!

I worry this will be the case at all the resorts as they go in this direction. Flooring is much louder than carpet.

Maybe you could ask for top floor. We were at Pop in new room last Dec. I heard nothing above me but my friend who was on connecting room said she could hear my entire phone conversation, and I wasn’t speaking loudly, just normal conversational voice. I don’t know if you could also ask for non-connecting room too? Although Pop walls may be thinner than POR. I was only able to hear my neighbour at Por once, but they were the neighbours from hell.

Here now. Room #1726, parking lot view but set back so not obtrusively so. Great, quiet location. Can't comment on walk to anything bc we just take our car to the main building and the parks. It is a little bit of an adjustment going to smaller rooms and no indoor hallways bc we're used to Deluxe. But I would absolutely stay here again if a Deluxe wasn't in the cards *and* I would recommend it to others in a heartbeat as well. The beds are comfy, noise from neighbors not noticeable. The grounds are beautiful. It is weird to be farther from the parks bc I feel a little more out of the Disney bubble. But it's not hugely so.

We've found the food to be so-so, but the same can be said of the good in the parks we've had too.

We've had no known visits from security, but we didn't opt out of housekeeping. We've been gone from about 8:30-3 pm every day, and our room had always been tidied by the time we've returned.

Though something strange seems to have happened today. When we came back to the hotel this afternoon, building #16 had four Sheriff's cruisers out front and we could see an officer speaking to Disney personnel on the 2nd floor. No clue what that was about, but I am curious.

Update: detectives, medical examiner and I'm guessing what is an unmarked coroner's van. I'm so sad for whomever is affected by this tragedy right now.

Last edited:
Hey guys, can anyone give me an idea on how guest parking works now? With the new parking fees, I'm uncertain. We booked in January so we don't have the parking fee ourselves this go-around.

We're taking the boat over to Disney Springs on our arrival night, probably around 4 PM. My friend in Orlando is going to hang out in DS with us. Would she be able to park at Riverside and ride the boat with us, or would that entail a parking fee for her? If that's the case, I'll just tell her to go to Disney Springs directly.

Thanks!

I can’t find the thread that discusses how much time to allot for buses to arrive at each park for rope drop. Also if HS has a 7 am emh, when do buses begin running? We are going July 2nd - 9th so TSL will be open. Magically I received a pin in the mail for that timeframe for POR. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter