Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello fellow POR fans! Just booked POR for our Nov 2018 trip, and this will be our second stay at this resort. We absolutely fell in love with it in 2013, and are FINALLY going back to Disney after several tumultuous years and life events, including my very own open heart surgery in late 2015!

Hubby and I are looking forward to this so much, even though we will need to take things much slower this time around.It will be a 'stop and smell the roses" kind of trip.

For now, I am going to enjoy being back in planning mode, and adding my DIS board reading back into my evenings.

I am also going to Riverside the first part of November. I have never stayed here always at French Quarter and am really looking forward to it after reading all the great reviews.

You are going to love it !!!! Are you requesting Alligator Bayou or the Mansions ?

How long does it usually take to check your bags and print boarding passes at the RAC desk at POR? I know you're supposed to have the process COMPLETE by 3 hours before your flight and ME picks you up 3 hours prior to your flight to take you to the airport, but what's the average time to complete the process at RAC? Are the lines long in the mornings?

How long does it usually take to check your bags and print boarding passes at the RAC desk at POR? I know you're supposed to have the process COMPLETE by 3 hours before your flight and ME picks you up 3 hours prior to your flight to take you to the airport, but what's the average time to complete the process at RAC? Are the lines long in the mornings?

Double check that the time isn't 4 hours before your flight. It was when we were there last month. As for the RAC process, they were very quick. Of course, our ME time was at 6AM and there wasn't anyone in line when we got there. But, there were multiple castmembers working the desk so I'm sure they were moving quickly. We used it for the first time in 2015 at AK and they were quick then too. Hope this helps!

We had our boarding passes printed out the day before, requested luggage pick up at our hotel room and was given a ride on a golf cart to the front to wait for ME three years ago. This was very early in the morning.

We had our boarding passes printed out the day before, requested luggage pick up at our hotel room and was given a ride on a golf cart to the front to wait for ME three years ago. This was very early in the morning.

I thought you had to do all that at the RAC? Nice to know you can print out boarding passes the day before, however.

Our flight is at 10:55, so that's 7:55 by the 3 hour ME pick up schedule. They print our your boarding passes at RAC, too, right?

Just upgraded to POR for our honeymoon in May. So glad to be back. This will be the third stay here: 1st time in Magnolia Bend, 2nd time in a Royal Guest Room, and this 3rd time hopefully an Alligator Bayou room!

There was a long line when we went to check our bags at RAC. I think it took us about 20 minutes to check the bags.

Our flight is at 10:55, so that's 7:55 by the 3 hour ME pick up schedule. They print our your boarding passes at RAC, too, right?
Yes, they will print your boarding passes at RAC. ;)

I thought you had to do all that at the RAC? Nice to know you can print out boarding passes the day before, however.
We went to concierge to get our boarding passes printed out. Maybe they have changed the way they do things since we've been there. I don't remember checking in our baggage. The guy that picked us up with the golf cart took care of our luggage but it seems that it was just set at curbside with some of the others that were already there.

Whoop, whoop!!!:lovestruc Congrats and Happy Honeymoon ! We stayed in a Alligator Bayou room in 2013 and LOVED it!!!

I stayed in AB 5 years ago and loved it, the theming in the rooms was amazing (and I hope it hasn't lost that magic touch). The log framed beds, the hurricane lamps as lights. We're giving FQ a chance this trip (with a stroller I wanted small and compact) but I hope to return to AB at some point.

I hate to keep banging on about toiletries that are provided, but can someone who was at POR recently tell me if they're the little individual bottles right now or the larger, refillable ones? (I think I remember seeing they were testing out the larger, refillable ones a few months ago at POR, but I could be wrong.)

TIA!

I hate to keep banging on about toiletries that are provided, but can someone who was at POR recently tell me if they're the little individual bottles right now or the larger, refillable ones? (I think I remember seeing they were testing out the larger, refillable ones a few months ago at POR, but I could be wrong.)

TIA!

Individual bottles.

(I think I remember seeing they were testing out the larger, refillable ones a few months ago at POR, but I could be wrong.)

The large wall-mounted bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel are only provided as a trial in Alligator Bayou building 14. The other rooms still have the regular little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter