Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Our last stay, our room had an actual door. It was different from other times and I don’t think it was handicap accessible because it had a bathtub? Maybe someone will know more, but yes there are at least a few rooms without the curtain. How you end up with one? Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
When was your last stay? Was it a refurbished room?

Our last stay, our room had an actual door. It was different from other times and I don’t think it was handicap accessible because it had a bathtub? Maybe someone will know more, but yes there are at least a few rooms without the curtain. How you end up with one? Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
We had the door with a fully accessible room/roll in shower (daughter is part-time wheelchair user and can't shower over bath most of the time.) With the curtain someone would be able to do their teeth whilst another was using the toilet whereas it's all in one so one person at a time only.

That picture is of an accessible room. You had a wardrobe in your room which replaces the shelf w/hanging area in the bathroom. I am also guessing you may also have had a hand-held shower head in addition to the regular high shower head.

Hi all. My DW and I have not been at WDW since May, 2002. Based on everything my daughter has told me, things have changed dramatically! So, being the overplanner that I am, I am going to be asking a lot of questions, both here and in other forums. :rotfl2:
First question: My wife and I now live in beautiful Savannah, GA, so we will be driving down to WDW. I have searched the forum and saw that standard self-parking is now $19/day at the resorts. Does anyone know if PO FQ offers valet parking? And, if so, how much it is?
Second question: My DD, SIL, and granddaughter will be staying the week at the Polynesian. My DD is a detailed planner like her old man and already has all the reservations made for character meals, etc. One of them is Friday morning at the Polynesian, which is also the day we check out. Do you think it would be possible for us to check out of PO FQ and drive over and park at the Polynesian for the meal, then just leave from there? I saw something about wristbands that provide access to all areas/parking, but really do not want to take the busses there and back just to drive home afterwards.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Hi all. My DW and I have not been at WDW since May, 2002. Based on everything my daughter has told me, things have changed dramatically! So, being the overplanner that I am, I am going to be asking a lot of questions, both here and in other forums. :rotfl2:
First question: My wife and I now live in beautiful Savannah, GA, so we will be driving down to WDW. I have searched the forum and saw that standard self-parking is now $19/day at the resorts. Does anyone know if PO FQ offers valet parking? And, if so, how much it is?
Second question: My DD, SIL, and granddaughter will be staying the week at the Polynesian. My DD is a detailed planner like her old man and already has all the reservations made for character meals, etc. One of them is Friday morning at the Polynesian, which is also the day we check out. Do you think it would be possible for us to check out of PO FQ and drive over and park at the Polynesian for the meal, then just leave from there? I saw something about wristbands that provide access to all areas/parking, but really do not want to take the busses there and back just to drive home afterwards.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Someone may correct me who has been recently, but here is what I understand to be true:

POFQ does not offer valet parking.

Yes, you can park your car (for three hours I am told) at another resort if you are going to a restaurant at that resort.

And my side note -- My dd and family are moving to Pooler, in four days. Yes, I'm counting. 😭 Ten hours away from us.

OMG!! We live right next to Pooler. Do all our shopping, doctors, etc. there. It is growing so fast and has everything now.

Thanks for the info!

Hello! We currently have POR preferred booked for Jan/Feb 2020, but are heavily debating moving over to POFQ. Mainly due to the bus situation. We stayed at CBR a few years ago and while it was beautiful, the multiple bus stops got to be a bit much. I know there are times when POR and FQ share routes, what is the consensus on this? Is it during down times? Mid-day? Any tips and info to sway us over to the FQ would be appreciated!

I know there are times when POR and FQ share routes, what is the consensus on this? Is it during down times? Mid-day?
From all that I have read it appears the busses are shared after the morning rush through early afternoon, though it varies depending on the time of the year. FQ is the first stop on returns so even if shared you're the first one dropped off.

Hello! We currently have POR preferred booked for Jan/Feb 2020, but are heavily debating moving over to POFQ. Mainly due to the bus situation. We stayed at CBR a few years ago and while it was beautiful, the multiple bus stops got to be a bit much. I know there are times when POR and FQ share routes, what is the consensus on this? Is it during down times? Mid-day? Any tips and info to sway us over to the FQ would be appreciated!
We were recommended FQ over Riverside because it’s a smaller resort and a bit quieter. That might matter to you or not. 🙂

We spent 10 days at POFQ in early May 2018 and only shared a bus route with POR once. It was on a bus to the one of the parks (can't remember which one) after our mid-day break.

Having stayed at both POR and POFQ, I tremendously appreciated not having multiple stops within the resort and also the MUCH shorter line for your bus "home" at park close. (We would look at the Riverside line and be so glad that wasn't our line). In fact, when we stayed at POR in 2014, we began taking the POFQ bus back because the line was so much shorter and it seemed they would send multiple POFQ buses when the Riverside line just continued to grow and grow. Obviously an anecdotal experience but it swayed me from ever staying at a large resort again.

We were lucky to be at FQ from 5/28-6/6. We had an amazing trip, with wonderful service at an awesome resort (if only it wasn't hotter than the sun!)

We used the bus many times each day, with park hopping and rest breaks, and in those 10 days, we only shared the bus 2 times: once at Hollywood Studios and once at EPCoT. Both of these trips were just after the morning rush.

Thanks everyone! This is exactly the info we needed to hear. We watched resort videos last night and decided to make the switch. You have to decide what is important to you, and buses are a deal-breaker for us. One of the reasons we stay at POP so much is because of the dedicated, singular bus stop. We wanted to try something different and cannot justify breaking the bank on a deluxe. This looks like the perfect choice for us. We can use a no-park day to walk over to Riverside and check out Old Man Island.

Yay!!

We stayed at POFQ for ten days in early May and experienced the refreshed room decor for the first time. I had forgotten my travel night light but in the bathroom you could turn off all the lights but leave on one or both of the very, very small lights on either side of the mirror over the sink. That made for a perfect night light.

Several years ago Disney changed the room design to accommodate two queen beds and a roll-in shower but that room always felt very tight. The updated layout was better. I did not need to call and have the small table and chairs removed to provide parking and charging access for my power wheelchair. We just moved the table and chairs into the positions that worked for me and housekeeping understood and left them alone. The electrical outlets also seemed to be much more accessible. There are still two small details that might make the room challenging for four people - the bed closest to the bathroom is only eight inches from the wall so that bed can only be accessed from one side. The second detail is that the beds are lower to allow a wheelchair straight across transfer but you cannot store luggage underneath which you can do in the regular rooms.
There is a built in night light in the bathroom area and it is very bright, imo.

Do all rooms use the curtain to separate the bedroom and the bathroom? I'm used to the sliding door which I enjoyed when I wanted to blow dry my hair while my LO slept.
My rooms have only had curtains, not a door.

There is a built in night light in the bathroom area and it is very bright, imo.
Yes, like so bright we had to keep the curtain closed. I don't know who thought that was a reasonable idea, but it was very distracting and bright.

Do you think it would be possible for us to check out of PO FQ and drive over and park at the Polynesian for the meal, then just leave from there?

Yes, you can park your car (for three hours I am told) at another resort if you are going to a restaurant at that resort.

Yep, we've done this. Keep your Magic Band handy instead of packing it in your suitcase - the security person at the gatehouse scanned one of ours to confirm we had an ADR at the resort we were visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!