Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We’ve had several room checks at POFQ and other resorts. They’ve never just looked in and left. They always come in and flip on light switches and walk to the back of the room where the washroom is. Although I have to say, flushing the toilet is something new I haven’t experienced. :hyper:
Wow! We’ve had dozens of room checks at several resorts and never had more than a look in. They’ve ruined a few naps but never had an investigation like that. I wonder why they would feel the need to do that every day.

That is crazy! That should have never happened. Most people say that if you are in your room, they just look in and leave. What you experienced is just uncalled for. It's bad enough that they knock when people who may have health issues are trying to rest. But to actually come into the room and nose around (because seriously, did the lights need checked and the toilet need flushed?) is very un-magical.
We’ve had several room checks at POFQ and other resorts. They’ve never just looked in and left. They always come in and flip on light switches and walk to the back of the room where the washroom is. Although I have to say, flushing the toilet is something new I haven’t experienced. :hyper:
Wow! We’ve had dozens of room checks at several resorts and never had more than a look in. They’ve ruined a few naps but never had an investigation like that. I wonder why they would feel the need to do that every day.

I hate it too!!! Feels very evasive. At least at the AK Kadani, they took the trash. That was their excuse. This time the trash just piled up all week. I just assume it's what I have to put up with these days. Like going through security everywhere.

Maybe if they weren't busy flushing everyone's toilet, they'd have time to get the rooms ready for a 3:00 check in.

Every time I got to DW, which is only like once a year, I get a little less, like the shampoos and soap. Go through a lot more hassle; like security and "welfare checks". And, pay more and more. :( And I keep getting older and older! So everything is harder.

And yet I can't wait to go again but my next trip will be to Disneyland. SO much easier to deal with than DW and has even more of a sentimental connection for me.

Here now, for one night. Love the room. Yes there is only one picture but it fills the wall. We dumped our luggage in the room and went to get something to eat about 8:15. The staff was great. Then went to Scat Cats for a drink and booze beignets while we listened to the singer. It was a lot of fun as she included the audience. We also walked around the resort a bit. Love the pool and the decor. Too bad we aren’t staying longer. We are off to POP tomorrow.

A7DCB1DC-4BD7-47E7-AC2E-D7EC07BC9C81.jpeg

Anyone have any inside info when the decorations will be up? Want to take a day trip just to see them.

Can you get exempted from room checks if you are an attorney ?
We will also have the enhanced drivers license and TSA pre-check

Here now... we haven’t been our room during the day at all so no clue who went in and out lol. We had some terrible noisy neighbors the first night but I asked for a box fan to drown out the noise!

ooh - noisy neighbors - I would complain and either have hotel management talk to them or request another room
Does the bathroom fan make noise ?
Or the ceiling fan ?

ooh - noisy neighbors - I would complain and either have hotel management talk to them or request another room
Does the bathroom fan make noise ?
Or the ceiling fan ?

There was a fan in the sink area that I could not turn off. The ceiling fan made noise. I like it quiet at night. The a/c made a lot of noise.

I was in building 7 facing the parking lot and it was very quiet. No one needed to walk by my room.

We have been back a month now, stayed in AB #36.....The rooms have been refurbished and very clean. I wouldn't really recommend this bld unless you have a car and want to be close to it. It's the furthest bld from the main pool/buildings. A lot of walking! No elevator. Not too far to the bus stop, but we always....always got lost, so it took much longer to get back. They need more signage for sure! I had requested the Mansions, but we didn't get them, I know it's not a given...I was just hoping!

We opted out of housekeeping and received our emailed gift certificate :) It was easy to call down for towels etc... and they were brought to us promptly. We just put garbage and towels out side our door and they were picked up in the morning.

We had no security checks that we knew of. They may have come in when we weren't there, but we did have 2 rest days and never saw anyone.

We loved our vacation, loved the resort. I would return, but make sure I got a closer building.

Anyone have any inside info when the decorations will be up? Want to take a day trip just to see them.

Usually they go up the beginning of Thanksgiving week, and often over a weekend, so could be as soon as this coming weekend.

Andre

POFQ refrigerators - still the old ones with the solid front - or the the ones with the clear glass front ?

Also if the bathroom fan can not be turned off - call maintenance - I am sure they can fix the problem :)

One more question - we made our reservation with Dreams Unlimited - just in case we can get free dining or a discount - going next year mid-November
But should we send a letter to POFQ with our room requests a week before arrival ?
IE first request, upper floor, then corner room, and if will be our 35th wedding anniversary

Last edited:
I have 2 seemingly odd questions: do the rooms at PO:FQ have ceiling fans, and how well does the air conditioner reach both beds?
My mom and I exist in different temperatures, so we're hoping if she gets the bed further away from the A/C, she won't be freezing, and I won't have to complain about it being too warm and stuffy.

...I've briefly considered if we should get 2 rooms at the All-Stars so we can both have our own A/C at our own temperature. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!