Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Is the coffee maker a Keurig, with the plastic pods? Or more like this with the paper pillows of coffee?

Mr. Coffee 4 Cup Switch Coffee Maker - Black

I would bring some of my own if I knew which type to bring. Thanks!!

I grabbed this from the Mom's panel website: At Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, we had a Cuisinart coffee maker that accepted flat filter packs that came pre-filled with coffee or tea, kind of like a big tea bag.

I found that it looks like this:

I remember using one of these recently at a hotel here in Colorado and the coffee is meh. It isn't strong or as hot as I wanted it to be. Might be better off bringing your own or hitting up Scat's Cafe in the morning. It opens at 6 am. I completely forgot about GFIC! I might have to consider this.

I grabbed this from the Mom's panel website: At Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, we had a Cuisinart coffee maker that accepted flat filter packs that came pre-filled with coffee or tea, kind of like a big tea bag.

I found that it looks like this:
View attachment 443605

I remember using one of these recently at a hotel here in Colorado and the coffee is meh. It isn't strong or as hot as I wanted it to be. Might be better off bringing your own or hitting up Scat's Cafe in the morning. It opens at 6 am. I completely forgot about GFIC! I might have to consider this.

Ahh, thank you. I have seen these before. They have little paper pillows of coffee in plastic trays. I don't remember seeing that type for sale in the stores around here. It's important to me to have coffee in my room as soon as I wake up. When I stayed in the All Stars and there was NO coffee maker in the room! I went to Walmart and bought one to get me through the week.

We will get POFQ mugs in the gift shop for our AM drinks
Maybe the refillable mug for coffee to go :)

Just back from an 8-day trip. A couple of things to add to the conversations...

I really hate agreeing with people :earboy2: but the smoke lingering around the fountains started bugging us. DD9 and I liked to go exploring and every dang day, we had to breathe that cruddy air. She mentioned to me on day 1 during the pumpkin hunt and then again on day 2 while we were snapping pics of the little lizards running around.

I didn't have one mediocre or bad experience during the scores of CM interactions at POFQ. But in our quick service meals at a couple of Deluxe resorts we got some attitude; nothing crazy bad, but lack of eye contact and smiles took the shine off the lunches, so this made the POFQ staff sparkle more for us. They were also very patient with DD9 and her new pin-trading obsession.

We drive down every couple years and this is the first time we used the buses and boats exclusively. I think we just lucked out many times by getting to the bus stop right before the bus pulled away, so a few misses could have easily changed our tune. The late rides back from Springs often had reallly long lines. Our last night, we didn't feel like waiting so we grabbed an $8.35 Lyft back. It was well worth it, especially splitting the fare, so we'll likely do that more in the future.

We usually keep a DND sign up for the whole trip, so getting paid to opt-out was nice. I just wished I remembered I had that GC before we left. So I guess we've already started saving for next trip?

One non-POFQ comment. This was the first trip where we really noticed disrepair in the parks. Skyliner going down is understandable while they work the bugs out, but we got bit twice by broken down monorails.. a bunch of FPs got cancelled due to many rides going down for an hour here and there.

We still had a great trip and are already wondering when we're coming back. o_O

Yeah, my favorite spot in FQ (the frog fountain by Building 6) is a smoking area. It's beautiful and peaceful but can be wrecked by cigarette smoke. Still, I enjoy it immensely, and luckily I'm usually the only person there around 6am when I have my why-am-I-up-so-early Disney breakfast.

I also got really annoyed with all of the smoke this last trip. I love the frog fountain, too; being in building 1 with garden view this trip had us looking out over the non-working but very smoker-friendly fountain in that courtyard.

Had housekeeping and food court hiccups in our last trip (9/18-9/29), but otherwise this is still our favorite resort.

Most days, Mousekeeping as very good; one day was even phenomenal. But one day was skipped entirely and 2 days were very lackluster. (Which isn't ideal for tipping!)

We noticed a common theme between a couple of food court windows: They would only ask one person at a time what they were having. That's fine for someone moving through the line with only ready-to-eat items at that window, but the whole line backs up for one order otherwise.

Example: One person orders a sandwich that isn't pre-made. They take the order, the chef works on it, and if you're lucky, they'll ask one more person for their order. Meanwhile, the next 3 people may be waiting to grab ready-made items and could move through quickly but they're stuck behind the other 2.

Same situation for the dessert window: The line could be backed up to the entrance of the food court and they'd still be making beignets to order. (I have to wait for allergy orders for each meal, so these were just some observations I made over many days/mealtimes of waiting off to the side.) Just seemed like an odd way to hold up all of the lines in such a small food court. (Tip: Because the food lines back up, the register lines are typically non-existent so you can very quickly grab the convenience food and drinks from the center island, pay, and be on your way.)

As for groundskeeping noise, yes. Typical every morning we were there and if you're on a ground floor it's going to be even more noitceable.

Confirming no pens/stationery in the room but there IS a box of tissue.

Of all of the days we were there, we shared a bus maybe a total of 4 times, and only one night leaving MK did we have to wait for a 2nd bus (but this was after MNSSHP). I think most if not all bus waits for the whole trip were 10 minutes or less; skyliner was a great quick option for movement between Epcot and HS.

Reactions: DLo
I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered but I can’t find it. I really want to search this 437 page thread but can’t find where to do that. See why I can’t find it? lol. Is it possible to search a specific thread? If so, how?

I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered but I can’t find it. I really want to search this 437 page thread but can’t find where to do that. See why I can’t find it? lol. Is it possible to search a specific thread? If so, how?
it's actually fairly easy! Use the little magnifying glass up in the top right and toggle to "this thread"Screenshot_20191016-193125_Chrome.jpg

I use a scooter. I rent a car and my cousin and I can break the scooter up and put it in the trunk. When we go to the parks, we park in the "medical parking" up close to the park entrance. When we get back to the resort, if I feel like I can walk to the room, my cousin just brings I the battery to charge it at night. Works great for me, but only with some help.
Denise, I meant to ask you, what medical parking are you talking about? Do you need a handicap placard for it? I need to remember to ask mom if she has one. She had hip surgery not too long ago and uses a walker at times but not sure if she has that darn placard or not. I decided to rent a car. We're going to rent a scooter that looks pretty easy to break down. It's spring break and I don't want to depend on buses at the end of the night to get back.

We are booked for POFQ the first week of December! I had really been trying to stay at an Boardwalk location hotel since DH is planning on spending a majority of the trip in galaxies edge, but between everyone in our group we have six rooms and just couldn’t justify an extra $1000+ per room that we don’t spend THAT much time in. (Plus, I didn’t want to hear complaining on the looong walks from the hotel entrance to our rooms! 😜)

Previously we have always stayed a deluxes (WL, AKL, and YC), but I’m hoping we wind up loving POFQ as much as everyone on here does! 😁

I'm glad you asked....

Brilliant! Where did you get the empty pods?

Denise, I meant to ask you, what medical parking are you talking about? Do you need a handicap placard for it? I need to remember to ask mom if she has one. She had hip surgery not too long ago and uses a walker at times but not sure if she has that darn placard or not. I decided to rent a car. We're going to rent a scooter that looks pretty easy to break down. It's spring break and I don't want to depend on buses at the end of the night to get back.

When I pull in to a park, like Epcot. They are trying to get us to park with the rest of the people and take the tram but I stop and tell them I have a scooter in the trunk. They do not want you in the general parking trying to assemble the scooter out of the back of your car and then you can't take the tram and have to drive all through the parking lot. So they send you on up to the next person.

Usually there is another cast member on your way to the handicapped section. There is the obvious Handicap section right up front but right behind that is something called "medical" or "non emergency" I do not have a handicapped permit.

The portable scooters that I get from Buena Vista are not hard to assemble and disassemble. Only the battery is a bit heavy and must be charged every evening.

Last edited:
When I pull in to a park, like Epcot. They are trying to get us to park with the rest of the people and take the tram but I stop and tell them I have a scooter in the trunk. They do not want you in the general parking trying to assemble the scooter out of the back of your car and then you can't take the tram and have to drive all through the parking lot. So they send you on up to the next person.

Usually there is another cast member on your way to the handicapped section. There is the obvious Handicap section right up front but right behind that is something called "medical" or "non emergency" I do not have a handicapped permit.

The portable scooters that I get from Buena Vista are not hard to assemble and disassemble. Only the battery is a bit heavy and must be charged every evening.
Fantastic!! Thank you for letting me know about this parking. I really hope mom has her placard but I'm happy to know that if she doesn't or forgets it, we still don't have to park too far out.

Example: One person orders a sandwich that isn't pre-made. They take the order, the chef works on it, and if you're lucky, they'll ask one more person for their order. Meanwhile, the next 3 people may be waiting to grab ready-made items and could move through quickly but they're stuck behind the other 2.

I was thinking the same thing, one night around 8pm there was a strange rush and the gentleman at the window was handling one order at a time. It really was noticeable when three customers in a row ordered gumbo and all three could have been handled at the same time. I was really hungry and the gumbo hit the spot. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!