Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Oh no! We always made time to listen to Jason & Billy at least two nights during our annual trips. We even brought our infant daughter for her first trip last December to listen to the music. She loved it and they dubbed her the “happiest baby ever”. I am so sad they won’t be part of the new experience. 😢
Any comments in support of the Jason and Billy show may be sent to the POFQ manager at: WDW.GM.PortOrleans@Disney.com

It might not change anything, but at least he'd know a lot of people would prefer for the show to stay.

Gotta love the Disney Parks Blog... it's sure good to know that beignets will "soon be available throughout the day"... as opposed to currently, when they are only available a measly 6am until midnight just a few steps away in the food court.
:)

Andre

Gotta love the Disney Parks Blog... it's sure good to know that beignets will "soon be available throughout the day"... as opposed to currently, when they are only available a measly 6am until midnight just a few steps away in the food court.
:)

Andre

To be fair, when you finish the sentence, it says, they will soon be available throughout the day at an all new location near the lobby.

I just read it to mean the location was moving.

To add on to the bus discussion...last month it seemed like we shared with POR every time I got on them, except at rope drop. Coming back it was no big deal because FQ is always first. But going back to parks after a midday break, I was unpleasantly surprised to go all over POR before heading on our way. It was awful and a huge time sink. Even the boat to Disney Springs was a bust—I know it’s because I went in summer, but it felt like it was down more often than running due to storms. I got to take it all of twice.

I took Lyft A LOT as a result, and even Minnie Vans a few times due to better pickup/drop off locations. And to be honest, as much as I otherwise liked the resort well enough, the transportation setup was a dealbreaker to me and probably makes POFQ a one and done. For the way we like to tour, we need to be in proximity to a park and have more options.

I'll add an update re: buses. We've been here since very early on the 19th and don't leave until late PM on the 29th. Yesterday and today were the first bus shares we've had with POR. (Surprising to share on weekends.) The buses were to Hollywood Studios (yesterday) and Animal Kingdom today.

We missed a fastpass window today because of the sharing, but it really only adds 15 minutes to the travel time (and we just re-did the FP for another time). If you're on a go-go-go tight plan, sharing might impede your trip, so opt for a different location or an uber from here. If you're here for a number of days with some flexibility, it's a small inconvenience for the HUGE convenience of resort size. (When you figure a resort like Riverside or CBR has multiple bus stops EVERY trip, it's worth the chance of sharing occasionally to us. If it became an all-the-time deal, we might reconsider. But, that addition of 15 minutes is still a shorter ride to a park than some resorts are with one pick-up.)

This resort is also well located, in our opinion, as travel times to parks can be under 10 minutes--when not sharing! :D

I am curious as to the timing of the opening of the new Scat Cat's and the conversion of the old. We currently have a February trip scheduled.

We checked in yesterday, our first stay here and so far, I am in love! The size alone makes this a winner. We usually stay at a deluxe or DVC and I’m so used to huge sprawling resorts that I can’t get over how close everything is. We had a garden view and I requested close to pool and elevator, building #2 or #5. We got 5 and it’s located so that we’re facing towards the pool, can actually see it, but not technically a pool view. We didn’t get close to the elevator, actually as far away as you can get, but the stairs are right next to our room, so I’m very happy with it. We can go down the stairs, walk across the street and we’re in the food court and same thing with the pool.

We only used the bus once, went to HS last night but no sharing. The bus was pulling up as we walked up when we left the resort, waited less than 5 minutes after closing at HS. We were ahead of the mass exodus as we were walking out just as the fireworks ended, so the bus wasn’t even full when we pulled out. I debated as we were leaving whether to Uber or not, but in this case, the bus was just as quick as Uber. It will be interesting to see how the service is after a few days of using it.

But, so far, so good. We were up since 4am yesterday, not in bed until almost midnight so the plan to go to EMH’s at the MK this morning has changed to a resort day with AK this evening. I can’t wait to get out and explore the resort, but as of now, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

With regard to Jason and Billy, good luck to them, I hope they get more gigs, but I did not feel their music added to the theme and atmosphere of POFQ. We stayed their twice, and I went in to the lounge area briefly. Listening to old rock and roll covers, with the occasional bluegrass tune did not fit the setting for me. Good for Disney that they finally recognized this, and will feature music of New Orleans.

I’m afraid the shine is not quite what it was yesterday. Went to the AK this afternoon around 4. Waited 20 minutes for a bus, totally acceptable but only a handful could get on from the large group waiting because the bus was full from people returning going to Riverside. We got on with standing room only and had to stop at every bus stop at Riverside. It made for a very long trip, standing, going to the AK.

Returned to the room tonight to find the room not cleaned and no linens. On the bright side, the link on the letter they leave gets quick results. Within 30 minutes I had a call back. It’s too late to deal with having the room cleaned but they did give me a small credit on my account and gave us 3 anytime fp’s for tomorrow. Still, I just wanted a clean room and fresh towels. Let’s hope today was just not my day and things improve, but so far I’m not inclined to stay here again. It’s too bad, the resort is lovely.

Went to the AK this afternoon around 4. Waited 20 minutes for a bus, totally acceptable but only a handful could get on from the large group waiting because the bus was full from people returning going to Riverside. We got on with standing room only and had to stop at every bus stop at Riverside. It made for a very long trip, standing, going to the AK.

Same thing happened on my trip except I was able to find a seat at least. But this kind of thing was pretty commonplace I found. It’s a shame because the resort is actually located in a pretty decent spot and when you don’t have to share travel times weren’t bad at all.

I’m sorry about your mousekeeping issue, I had no problems on that front at all.

I’m afraid the shine is not quite what it was yesterday. Went to the AK this afternoon around 4. Waited 20 minutes for a bus, totally acceptable but only a handful could get on from the large group waiting because the bus was full from people returning going to Riverside. We got on with standing room only and had to stop at every bus stop at Riverside. It made for a very long trip, standing, going to the AK.

Returned to the room tonight to find the room not cleaned and no linens. On the bright side, the link on the letter they leave gets quick results. Within 30 minutes I had a call back. It’s too late to deal with having the room cleaned but they did give me a small credit on my account and gave us 3 anytime fp’s for tomorrow. Still, I just wanted a clean room and fresh towels. Let’s hope today was just not my day and things improve, but so far I’m not inclined to stay here again. It’s too bad, the resort is lovely.

I am really appreciating your honest updates.

That sucks about AK. The one time I was on a shared bus it was going from AK to both PO resorts...FQ was the first stop and only a handful of us got off, and I never once thought about how that would impact the people going TO Animal Kingdom from FQ.

You'll have to keep us updated on how the hotel stay goes the rset of your trip!

The one time I was on a shared bus it was going from AK to both PO resorts...

Correct, AK (and also Disney Springs) almost always shares its buses with stops at FQ and POR, except for first thing in the morning.

Andre

I am really appreciating your honest updates.
Thank you. My intention isn’t to just complain, just giving an honest report on our experience here. Unfortunately, my opinion hasn’t changed a great deal. We’re still sharing busses from time to time. We shared last night returning from DAH at the MK. Time wise, no big deal if you’re at FQ because we’re the first stop, but it did mean a packed bus with people standing after an event with very few people attending.

Another negative I’ve found are noise levels. It’s 7am, we were out until 1am at the after hours, but I’ve been awake since 5:30 due to noise! Walls are thin- I can hear the people on either side flushing toilets, coughing, etc. and just the noises of getting up and around. You can hear resort doors shutting ( one slamming shut is what woke me up) and people talking as they walk past our doors. We’re on the top floor so at least no noise above us. Noise levels are usually not an issue for me, not really a light sleeper, but this is really excessive noise. Thankfully, my grandson can sleep through anything.

Our room did get cleaned yesterday- lackluster at best. They had dropped off towels at our door yesterday morning. I had just pulled out what we needed to get ready and the maid didn’t restock the room, just left the unpacked bag as I had left it, so no washcloths this morning. There were love bugs
in the tub, still there when we returned. I’m not sure how these suckers get in the room, but they do! We were at the YC in May when the love bugs were much worse and never had that happen.

It hasn’t been a terrible stay- the grounds are beautiful, the boat service to DS is super convenient and my grandson loves the pool. The food court is never insanely crowded, food is good and the beignets are to die for - but between the noise levels, shared busses and poor housekeeping service, it won’t go on our list as a future option.

Thank you. My intention isn’t to just complain, just giving an honest report on our experience here. Unfortunately, my opinion hasn’t changed a great deal. We’re still sharing busses from time to time. We shared last night returning from DAH at the MK. Time wise, no big deal if you’re at FQ because we’re the first stop, but it did mean a packed bus with people standing after an event with very few people attending.

Another negative I’ve found are noise levels. It’s 7am, we were out until 1am at the after hours, but I’ve been awake since 5:30 due to noise! Walls are thin- I can hear the people on either side flushing toilets, coughing, etc. and just the noises of getting up and around. You can hear resort doors shutting ( one slamming shut is what woke me up) and people talking as they walk past our doors. We’re on the top floor so at least no noise above us. Noise levels are usually not an issue for me, not really a light sleeper, but this is really excessive noise. Thankfully, my grandson can sleep through anything.

Our room did get cleaned yesterday- lackluster at best. They had dropped off towels at our door yesterday morning. I had just pulled out what we needed to get ready and the maid didn’t restock the room, just left the unpacked bag as I had left it, so no washcloths this morning. There were love bugs
in the tub, still there when we returned. I’m not sure how these suckers get in the room, but they do! We were at the YC in May when the love bugs were much worse and never had that happen.

It hasn’t been a terrible stay- the grounds are beautiful, the boat service to DS is super convenient and my grandson loves the pool. The food court is never insanely crowded, food is good and the beignets are to die for - but between the noise levels, shared busses and poor housekeeping service, it won’t go on our list as a future option.

Thank you for your honest opinions, I check back for your updates each morning. So sorry to here you are having some not so good experiences. I am there in October and this will be my first at POFQ. It has always been on my list. I am going to go with an open and positive mind.
A bad day at Disney is better than a good day in the real world :tongue:

I am personally sad that you're not having a great FQ stay! For me noise levels are always hit or miss at FQ. I can deal with toilets flushing, pipes turning on, and people walking by my door, but nothing will save you if you have loud guests next door if you have a connecting room (ugh, connecting rooms). I'm expecting much the same at Pop when I stay in April.

FYI, I think you'll always have that issue with DAH. They run fewer buses at 1am so most resorts double-up, including PO, and they wait a LONG time for the bus to fill up so they have to make fewer trips. That's one of my least favorite things with DAH...the event is cool, but then you have to wait an absurd amount of time to get back home.

I'm glad you're enjoying some of the best things FQ has to offer though...grounds, boat, awesome pool. Stop by the frog fountain by Building 6 and say hi for me!

Does your room have a connecting door to the next room? I refuse a room that has that because, imo, you might as well be sharing your room with them. You can hear everything through those doors as if they were standing right next to you.

The only noises we were bothered by at POFQ over five different stays was when we had a first-floor corner room close to the main building (room 5101), literally almost half the resort had to pass our room and those who were in building 5 used the stairs right next to our room, so when the parks closed at night, the noise of tired children, weary adults, and footsteps on the stairs did wake us up. And then they powerwashed the area outside Sassagoula for three afternoons during dh's nap time, but other than that, we have found POFQ to be very quiet.

We do have a connecting room- never occurred to me that could be an issue as we’ve stayed at other resorts with a connecting door with no problems. The loudest noises though come from people walking past the room. I suppose without having interior corridors, people feel free to be louder walking out.

We’ve started using Uber for transportation to the parks- did it for our stay at AKL so not a big deal really. It’s not expensive and well worth it for the time saved. Coming back busses have been pretty quick to arrive so no complaints there at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter