Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

anyone stayed lately that can share their bus experience?
Shared POR buses a few times. Mostly middle of the day from AK or Epcot so heading to the resort FQ was dropped off first. Heading to the parks it was (again) mostly to Epcot or AK (once to MK in a recent 7 day trip) and only a few times. That direction is a bit annoying - picks up FQ first then does the entire POR loop before heading to the parks. For us it's not enough to NOT stay at FQ.

Very rarely. I wouldn't let that stop you from booking there.
Ok. Glad it has improved. In July I was staying at POR and we shared a lot. I ended up getting off at POFQ most of the time and waking to my room at POR (RR) because it was so much faster.

Shared POR buses a few times. Mostly middle of the day from AK or Epcot so heading to the resort FQ was dropped off first. Heading to the parks it was (again) mostly to Epcot or AK (once to MK in a recent 7 day trip) and only a few times. That direction is a bit annoying - picks up FQ first then does the entire POR loop before heading to the parks. For us it's not enough to NOT stay at FQ.
That was my experience in July, but I was staying at POR.

I stayed there in May. I believe the only time there are shared busses are during the day when the traffic is slower going to the parks. The only time I had to go thru the loop was mid day going to DS cause it was raining and the boats didn't run. In fact, on the morning I had EMM at TSL, the bus came and picked 2 of us up at 6:20. I thought sure it was going to make a loop and it went straight to HS.

I really liked the resort and will definitely go back.

I know it is totally dependent on resort, crowds, time of day, and so forth but we had the worst bus experience of any of our 20+ Walt Disney World stays at French Quarter. We stayed at POFQ in July and shared buses with POR a lot. It added quite a lot of time to several of our journeys (making trips to the park a 40+ minute endeavor) and because I’m not used to sharing we ended up missing park plans... things that could not be compensated for with a fastpass like missing the last showing of live entertainment. We will not likely stay at POFQ for that reason if we won’t have a car in the future.

I believe the only time there are shared busses are during the day when the traffic is slower going to the parks.
Just my experience but we shared on the Fourth of July... given it wasn’t rope drop but it was still really really busy at the parks!

We stayed at POFQ last week and took the bus to AK for Moonlight Magic. We got on the bus at FQ at 5:50 and arrived at AK at 6:25. Went to every blessed stop at POR. The last time we stayed at POFQ, (a few years ago), we didn't share buses so this was new for us. It was a bit of a bummer - had I known, I would have gotten us moving a little faster to catch the bus earlier. Something I wish I had known before going there.

Luckily, I have become addicted to using Uber regardless of where we stay. Busses are time eaters at best. The only time I’ll use the busses is for the MK, unless it’s really bad and I’ll use the Minnie Vans.
We started using them at AKL last month and there’s no going back for me. I love that now I don’t worry about how good or bad busses are at any resort because for the most part, I’m not using them.

It added quite a lot of time to several of our journeys (making trips to the park a 40+ minute endeavor)

This is why I rent a car!

Though this will be my first time of paying the resort to park :( Still, the convince is priceless.

Oh, I hope things haven't changed. We stayed for 9 days @ POFQ in May 2018 and had the best bus service we have ever experienced on Disney property. We only shared once. Besides its small size and charm, that was one of our major reasons for booking POFQ again this December...

what do the refillable mugs look like?
Can you get unsweetened ice tea with the refillable mug ?

Does the refillable mug fit in the Cuisinart coffee maker in the POFQ rooms ?

1. Like this (designs vary regularly, there's a Halloween style around at the moment too):

2. Yes:

3. No, you can't put the refillable mugs under the in-room coffee makers.

Andre

We’ve stayed at POFQ frequently, and our most recent stay was less than two weeks ago. We did share the busses a few times with POR this trip more than usual. I don’t know if we just caught it wrong, or if they’re sharing more often now. Unless you are leaving within an hour of rope drop, I’d plan on sharing with POR, and then be pleasantly surprised if you don’t. Or take a Lyft.

You can use the mugs to get coffee next to the soda machines. No chip needed for coffee or water from the freestyle machines.

I have used the machines in the room to make tea, which I then transfer to my refillable mug.

Has anyone stayed recently with the new EMH in the morning? What time do the buses start running with the 6 am HS and 7 am AK and MK openings?

Thank you

Has anyone stayed recently with the new EMH in the morning? What time do the buses start running with the 6 am HS and 7 am AK and MK openings?

Thank you
I would like to know too since we are meeting my daughter and family this Thursday for EMH at MK. I was previously told that the bus should leave by 6:15 AM, but was going to check with the front desk Wednesday night to be sure. My daughter is staying at Poly, so she won't have any problem being there well before 7AM opening.

We are headed to POFQ next week - yay! We always have our car but rarely drive to the parks - we just always assume it's quicker and easier to take a bus. BUT ... is it really? We have two MK days and one HS day this trip. Should we drive or take the busses? Our party includes two adults and two children (one of whom may have gotten bus sick once at WDW). Our driving forces would be ease and speed to/from the parks. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter