Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the info and photo. Surprised they didn’t use a runner on the white bed but still looks nice. Considering moving from the Pop to here. I like the Pops rooms per se but not the huge and busy food court. Also not fond of Pop pool. Other option is Dolphin or AKL but not sure I want to pay that much more.
They are doing away with the runners in all the refurbs right now I think.

First post in a long time beyond the borders of the Canadian forum, be gentle :P

In the process of helping a TA book our trip (long story but YES, we know more than she does and it's exhausting & stressful but needs to be done to use some airmiles!) We insisted on a king room and this is what she has put on the quote for us to approve:

French Quarter at the Disney’s Port Orleans, Standard Room Garden View with King-sized Bed

From my research, reading thru this thread & looking at the website (which is down right now BTW) that description makes zero sense to me. Hasn't she somehow mashed 3 different room categories into one??!?! The ONLY must is a king bed and I know we need to pay more to get that but I'm not clear if those extra classifications are even possible? Yeah, I could contact her but lucky me, she's off till Tuesday afternoon at this point.

Hi Jacqueline...funny to find you not on the Canadian AM thread!!! POFQ is our favourite resort and I hope I can help you. Based on the map I have of the resort, it looks like there are King rooms with standard view, garden view and river view at POFQ. So I think what your TA is offering is a standard room with a garden view and a king size bed. It should be noted that there are only 59 King rooms in all the resort. The breakdown of rooms with King size beds is as follows: Bldgs 1, 2 5 & 6 - 9; Bldg 3 - 7; Bldg 4 - 10; Bldg 7 - 6.

Hi Jacqueline...funny to find you not on the Canadian AM thread!!! POFQ is our favourite resort and I hope I can help you. Based on the map I have of the resort, it looks like there are King rooms with standard view, garden view and river view at POFQ. So I think what your TA is offering is a standard room with a garden view and a king size bed. It should be noted that there are only 59 King rooms in all the resort. The breakdown of rooms with King size beds is as follows: Bldgs 1, 2 5 & 6 - 9; Bldg 3 - 7; Bldg 4 - 10; Bldg 7 - 6.
HI! Yeah, i don't step outside the comfort of those threads very often but if you've been following along you'll know the anguish that led to this trip!!!
I know how few of the rooms have King beds which is my concern .. that is #1, everything else i can work around. I want top floor as well furthest from any action which tends to be easy to get.

We are beyond excited at this point, it can't come soon enough (glances at the 200+ day on the countdown app and sighs)

French Quarter at the Disney’s Port Orleans, Standard Room Garden View with King-sized Bed

As you say, that sounds like a very odd booking confirmation. There are three separate bookable categories going on there: Standard View, Garden View, and King bed. The King Bed booking category makes no guarantees as to any particular view, however you can legitimately request any view or location that you like - even River View in a preferred building would be a perfectly valid request. However that part would only be a request, not a confirmed part of the reservation.

If you want quiet and aren't worried about a bit of walking, a top floor river view in buildings 1 or 7 would be perfect (and less requested). All King rooms at POFQ are corners by the way, so no need to request that.

You need to check which actual category they have booked for you, and which parts of their description are just requests - for example if they booked Standard View and then requested a garden view king bed room, that's unlikely to happen.

Andre

Last edited:
Jacqueline...I would definitely have your TA put those requests in for you...Bldgs 6 & 7 are the furthest away from the action...but with only 2 King rooms on the top floor, you might not get your request. I would suggest sending a fax in to the resort about a week before your stay with your preferences...I wouldn't rely on the online check in. I will let you know that we are just back from POFQ and ended up with a pool view accessible room (we requested garden view accessible) and once we closed the door, we could not hear the pool area at all. We were very surprised. I am not sure if it is the same all over the resort but one afternoon it poured rain, and we didn't hear anything. I hope you like POFQ as much as we do...in fact we are returning in November
We had a travel agent once plan our trip to WDW - I wanted POFQ and she booked us POR - told us it was the same resort.

HI! Yeah, i don't step outside the comfort of those threads very often but if you've been following along you'll know the anguish that led to this trip!!!
I know how few of the rooms have King beds which is my concern .. that is #1, everything else i can work around. I want top floor as well furthest from any action which tends to be easy to get.

We are beyond excited at this point, it can't come soon enough (glances at the 200+ day on the countdown app and sighs)
Just be sure you are PAYING for a king room since that is most important (we always pay for a king room), then everything else will be decided on that. In five trips, we've had king rooms near the main building, on the river, and with a garden view. All were great rooms.

First post in a long time beyond the borders of the Canadian forum, be gentle :P

In the process of helping a TA book our trip (long story but YES, we know more than she does and it's exhausting & stressful but needs to be done to use some airmiles!) We insisted on a king room and this is what she has put on the quote for us to approve:

From my research, reading thru this thread & looking at the website (which is down right now BTW) that description makes zero sense to me. Hasn't she somehow mashed 3 different room categories into one??!?! The ONLY must is a king bed and I know we need to pay more to get that but I'm not clear if those extra classifications are even possible? Yeah, I could contact her but lucky me, she's off till Tuesday afternoon at this point.

I have a King room booked. There is no option to choose the view. So that booking option does sound strange. You can ask for a certain view as a request, but it's not a booking category.

And 'ouch' for having to go with a TA. That would frustrate me to no end! I know it's a good option for some, but I like to have control. lol

Any change now? (even if it's just that the FORUM_ACTIVE warning is no longer showing, but I think that's a red herring)

Andre

No, and I checked on the surface - windows 10, the laptop - windows 7, my Samsung phone. Used Chrome, Firefox & (eeew) Microsoft Edge with various results.
Chrome on the phone & Surface are giving me a 403 error with the info below

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Technical Info (which may be logged if necessary):
Requested Pagename: /403.shtml
Referrer: (none)
IP: 50.101.210.244
Server: www.portorleans.org
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36
Redirect Code: 403

Microsoft Edge & Firefox are trying harder and i can at least see the menu in this format
But if i click on any of the links i then get access denied info shown above.

Alright, we booked a short trip in July over the 4th. Someone tell me about the beignets. Are they good? authentic? greasy?...they look yummy but I don't eat much fried food. We booked a garden view room. Hoping its not too far from the coffee in the morning :P

I read Standard Room Garden View with King-sized Bed as:

Standard as opposed to preferred (but nothing is that far at POFQ, so you'll be fine!)
Garden View requested
King-sized bed booking category

But I do second sending a fax a few days before your trip as "insurance".

Alright, we booked a short trip in July over the 4th. Someone tell me about the beignets. Are they good? authentic? greasy?...they look yummy but I don't eat much fried food. We booked a garden view room. Hoping its not too far from the coffee in the morning :P

I can't speak to "authentic" as I live faaaaaar from new Orleans, but I love, love, loved them!! I didn't find them too greasy at all. They came covered in lots of powdered sugar, and you could order a little cup of strawberry on the side if you wanted.

Mickey food.JPG

Any idea what is going on July 18th and 19th as POFQ has no availability? Wanted to add nights on as we arrive on the 20th.

We thought they were good but I have heard they are not authentic from others that have been to NOLA. They are not greasy at all. There are a couple of different sauces to choose from.

We thought they were good but I have heard they are not authentic from others that have been to NOLA. They are not greasy at all. There are a couple of different sauces to choose from.

I imagine it would be hard to replicate the feel and taste of eating beignets at Cafe du Monde and chicory coffee but we will give them a try. They look cute and 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter