Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thi

Can you guys clarify for me? I get there’s a curtain separating the sink area from the bedroom area, but there is a door to the toilet, right?!?
😬
Yes, there is a curtain separating sink area from room and door seperating toilet/shower from sink area.

Do all the rooms have now have dispensers in the bathroom for shower gel? I hate using bar soap so I'll bring my own if I have to, but I heard that it was part of the dispensers in the tub. Is this true? If so, it will be one less thing to pack. Also, do they still use bar soap at the sinks?

They do have large bottles of soap, shampoo and conditioner in the showers. My husband loved it so much he ordered some when we got home. I didn't love the smell but it works just fine on vacation. I hate the little bottles so I was really happy to have the large ones.
I don't remember what soap was by the sinks though.

Do all the rooms have now have dispensers in the bathroom for shower gel? I hate using bar soap so I'll bring my own if I have to, but I heard that it was part of the dispensers in the tub. Is this true? If so, it will be one less thing to pack. Also, do they still use bar soap at the sinks?
Bar soap by sink, dispensers in shower.

Just returned from a 9 night stay at FQ. We LOVED the resort! It honestly might be our new favorite!! We liked the smallness of the resort. Everything was so close, and it felt so intimate. The theming is beautiful and welcoming. We were in building 2 with a River View on the 3rd floor, and we never heard anything outside our room!

The food court had a nice selection of food, and we were always able to find a table. It did get quite busy at breakfast time, but there was always a table to be found.

We never had a problem finding seating at the pool, and there were always plenty of towels!

For the most part, bussing went smoothly. Only one time did we share a bus with Riverside. This was on a 5:00 evening trip to HS. That bus trip ended up taking a very long time because it was packed full with people trying to get on and off at the 4 Riverside stops after picking up at FQ. Other than that, we had no complaints about bussing. There were several times that there were only a handful of us on a bus on the way back from a park.

With regards to the shampoo/conditioner situation, I would advise if you have long or thick hair to bring your own. It took me 30 pumps of shampoo and conditioner to make my hair feel clean and able to be combed through. The pool made my daugthers' hair feel like straw, and it was difficult to get it shampooed and conditioned to brush easily with the resort products. So, I would highly recommend bringing some good conditioner from home, if you feel like this might be an issue for you.

Otherwise, this resort was FANTASTIC! All of the staff was friendly and welcoming!! We'll definitely be back! I think this is our new "go to" resort!!!

Our last stay, our room had an actual door. It was different from other times and I don’t think it was handicap accessible because it had a bathtub? Maybe someone will know more, but yes there are at least a few rooms without the curtain. How you end up with one? Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
Thank you! I am thrilled to hear this but there are alot of beautyrest mattresses by Simmons! It's a great start though!
Susan

I was planning on staying at the Poly next year (2020), but the price increases made that impractical. Instead, I’m staying at POFQ and very much looking forward to my first ever solo trip.

Anything special I should keep an eye out for at the resort during Fat Tuesday?

Can anyone tell me if they've every gotten an ap discount on their room during princess half marathon weekend? Hoping to stay 2/22-2/28 if there's a good discount!🤞

Can someone tell me if all the rooms are refurbished or share recent photos? I see some with the faux hardwood and raised beds and prefer that to carpet. I tried to go to the portorleans.org site but it appears to not be working. Thanks for help!

Thanks for the info and photo. Surprised they didn’t use a runner on the white bed but still looks nice. Considering moving from the Pop to here. I like the Pops rooms per se but not the huge and busy food court. Also not fond of Pop pool. Other option is Dolphin or AKL but not sure I want to pay that much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!