Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We just switched from Pop to POFQ for the week after Thanksgiving and are so excited!

I am having trouble deciding on a garden or river view. Both are available and the price difference is pretty small.

Can anyone give some advice? Are the river rooms too far away from the lobby to the worth it? Is the awesome view worth the walk?

Also I noticed on Touring Plans that most of the river view rooms are connecting rooms. I’m not a fan of connecting rooms and wonder if anyone has any experience with them (noise issues, etc).

Thanks!

Hi all. My family is planning on staying at FQ on our next trip to the World. We're planning on eating most of breakfasts in the room. We're pretty much cereal and fruit people. I'm guessing all we would need to keep in the fridge is some milk. Is this doable?

I'm guessing all we would need to keep in the fridge is some milk. Is this doable?

Yes, of course keeping milk in the fridge is doable.

You can pick up other stuff (cutlery, plates, cereal, etc) the night before from the food court. We often get fruit-cups and bakery goods the night before and put them in the fridge for the next morning if we've got a very early start.

Andre

We just switched from Pop to POFQ for the week after Thanksgiving and are so excited!

I am having trouble deciding on a garden or river view. Both are available and the price difference is pretty small.

Can anyone give some advice? Are the river rooms too far away from the lobby to the worth it? Is the awesome view worth the walk?

Also I noticed on Touring Plans that most of the river view rooms are connecting rooms. I’m not a fan of connecting rooms and wonder if anyone has any experience with them (noise issues, etc).

Thanks!
I had a connecting room and never heard my neighbors whom I know were in the room as I heard them from outside when I was getting back to room.

I went to Food court and the shrimp and grits were amazing. I like the Mickey Beignets too. Took a pic and sent it to my friend in New Orleans. I was bummed they did not have the crawfish étouffée anymore tho. And Riverside pulled the Bayou Burger which was something else I wanted to try. I really enjoyed the resort and will book there again I am sure.

I had a connecting room and never heard my neighbors whom I know were in the room as I heard them from outside when I was getting back to room.

I went to Food court and the shrimp and grits were amazing. I like the Mickey Beignets too. Took a pic and sent it to my friend in New Orleans. I was bummed they did not have the crawfish étouffée anymore tho. And Riverside pulled the Bayou Burger which was something else I wanted to try. I really enjoyed the resort and will book there again I am sure.

I love shrimp and grits!!! I hope they still have it in November!

I'm sitting along the river at POFQ right now and thought I'd do a little mini review.
We moved over from POP yesterday. I got the text that pur roombas ready at 10:30. We requested 5 but got 6. It was still fairly close to the lobby so I was ok with it. My husband wanted 5 because we had a river view and 5 is closer to the water, boat dock and pool. We dropped our luggage off at POP so they could transfer it to POFQ and we could go straight to DS. That did not go well, more on that in a minute.
It rained, no it POURED all day and by 3 we were done and went to the room. We didn't stop at registration but our bands worked perfectly. Our luggage wasn't there so we took a nap.
We woke at 5, still no luggage so I called. They said to call back at 6:30. I was a little upset because we wanted to shower before dinner and put on clean and dry clothes.
We walked the resort for a while and checked out Riverside. Both are gorgeous. In regards to size, FQ wins. It's so small.
We both preferred the look and feel of Riverside and when we come back that's probably where we'll stay, but it's more of a walk from the far out rooms to the lobby and food.
At 6:30 we checked for our bags. We were told they were running late and it should be soon.
With wet shoes and no socks (they were still wet) we took the boat to Disney Springs.
We got back at 9:30 and still no bags. My husband was upset and we both thought they lost our luggage. He called from our room. Apparently when you call from the room you get guest relations and they're not actually at your hotel. They were very nice and said they'd put a credit on our room to cover breakfast or whatever we wanted but said we'd need to go to the lobby and speak to someone at the hotel directly. I thought that the credit was a very nice gesture. It wasn't that lady's fault.
At the lobby, we walked in and the guy at the bell service looked up and said "we found you bags, they should be here soon"
DH was not happy. It was 10 PM and we were tired. He was not rude but asked for a manager. She was nice and apologetic. She said they called me and left a message when they found them. They didn't. I've had my number for 15 years and it's the only number Disney has ever had for me.
She gave us 3 anytime fastpasses for today at epcot. Which I was thrilled with, DH was glad I was so happy about them and was less upset but still not super happy. We waited in the lobby and got our bags around 10:30.
All in all, I was happy with the credit and fastpasses and thought they handled it as best they could. Everyone was very nice about it and it wasn't their fault it was sent to a different resort.
The food in the food court is really, really good. I had the shrimp and grits and I loved them. It was made fresh, except for the grits. I've never had grits before so I can't compare but I'd get them again in a heartbeat. DH had the bacon cheeseburger and he liked it better than the one at Raglan Road.
The room was cozy and the beds and pillows are great.
It's a really gorgeous resort and if someone asked, I'd recommend it. We move to Music today and yes, were doing luggage transfer. But keeping our fingers crossed! Lol.20190513_151535.jpg 20190513_151633.jpg 20190513_154000.jpg 20190513_211211.jpg 20190513_211224.jpg 20190513_151453.jpg

I'm sitting along the river at POFQ right now and thought I'd do a little mini review.
We moved over from POP yesterday. . . . We move to Music today and yes, were doing luggage transfer. But keeping our fingers crossed! Lol.View attachment 400669 View attachment 400670 View attachment 400671 View attachment 400672 View attachment 400673 View attachment 400674

I'm curious as to why you are moving around to three different resorts in (what appears to me) three days. Is this how you planned your trip on purpose or did something happen that caused you to change resorts a second time.

Thanks!

Just wanted to chime in because I'm usually a Garden View person at POFQ (3x, once in Bldg 5 and twice in Bldg 6) and had to get River View for my last trip (1st week of May, was in Bldg 2)

1) POFQ is so small that nothing is far away. Honestly, a River View room is maybe an extra 50 steps (max) from a Garden View Room
2) The view depends on your window policy, I guess! I always close my curtains because I don't need people peeking into my room, so I don't see much at all of my view
3) I had noise issues in April 2018 with a connecting room, but that was a Garden View room and I just think those people were strangely loud. My River View room this time around was also connecting, but I didn't hear a thing. I think it's less about the connecting door and more about the luck of the draw on who's beside you.

With all of that said....I didn't like my River View room as much as Garden View! It was more about my building...I prefer being on the 4/5/6/7 side than the 1/2/3 side. And I would have rather saved a few bucks than have a River View room that I barely looked at.

We've always flown Delta to MCO, but this trip DD & I are flying on Spirit to save considerable $$$. I am wondering if I can have the POFQ concierge desk print out our boarding passes for the return flight (they are not part of the airline check-in of course, ugh)? Spirit will charge us $10/ticket if I print them at the airport. I am also checking one piece of luggage, I assume I have to take it on ME with us for Spirit and do that at the airport? Hoping someone will know. TIA!

Just wanted to chime in because I'm usually a Garden View person at POFQ (3x, once in Bldg 5 and twice in Bldg 6) and had to get River View for my last trip (1st week of May, was in Bldg 2)

1) POFQ is so small that nothing is far away. Honestly, a River View room is maybe an extra 50 steps (max) from a Garden View Room
2) The view depends on your window policy, I guess! I always close my curtains because I don't need people peeking into my room, so I don't see much at all of my view
3) I had noise issues in April 2018 with a connecting room, but that was a Garden View room and I just think those people were strangely loud. My River View room this time around was also connecting, but I didn't hear a thing. I think it's less about the connecting door and more about the luck of the draw on who's beside you.

With all of that said....I didn't like my River View room as much as Garden View! It was more about my building...I prefer being on the 4/5/6/7 side than the 1/2/3 side. And I would have rather saved a few bucks than have a River View room that I barely looked at.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

I asked my kids (15 and 17), and they wanted garden view, so that’s what we are going with.

What do you prefer about the 4-6 side over the 1-3 side? I am trying to figure out which buildings to request.

I just don’t want to be able to see the parking lot from my room/ area. I know it’s weird, but seeing the parking lot just takes me out of the bubble, I guess.

I was very disappointed in my “garden view” room at POR, which was 2 doors away from the parking lot.

I'm curious as to why you are moving around to three different resorts in (what appears to me) three days. Is this how you planned your trip on purpose or did something happen that caused you to change resorts a second time.
We orginally had 4 nights at music booked and we added a night. Twice. Each time we added a night we couldn't get the same resort so we ended up hopping around. Other than the little snafu last night with the luggage its actually pretty easy to resort hop. It's a nice way to see resorts you otherwise wouldn't.

I asked my kids (15 and 17), and they wanted garden view, so that’s what we are going with.

What do you prefer about the 4-6 side over the 1-3 side? I am trying to figure out which buildings to request.

I just don’t want to be able to see the parking lot from my room/ area. I know it’s weird, but seeing the parking lot just takes me out of the bubble, I guess.

I was very disappointed in my “garden view” room at POR, which was 2 doors away from the parking lot.
I got that room at POFQ - two doors from parking lot. Technically it was a garden view but I was slightly disappointed not to get a better view. But I still really liked the resort and want to go back

We have stayed at POFQ on all our trips and prefer the 4-7 side . We like to walk up to POR a few times on our trip & that is the closer side. Since you booked Garden you could be in any of the 7 buildings. As far as what building to request it depends on what matters to you. It is such a small resort nothing is very far. Checkout the resort map at www.portorleans.org to see what buildings might work best.

We just booked a bounce back for POFQ for Dec 14th to the 20th! Yay! Now I dont have to stop planning when we get home from this trip! Lol

So, this is silly, but I prefer 4-6 side because I LOVE the frog fountain that's by building 6. It's technically a smoking area but I like to eat my breakfast/have my coffee there around 6-6:30am before a busy day in the parks. I had to walk over there each morning from Building 2 this trip and it wasn't the same!

As to parking lot view, I've never had that issue at POFQ with Garden View (it's always been a true walkway/garden/lawn view) but of course it's luck of the draw. If you request building 5 or 6 though those are inner buildings and you wouldn't see any part of a parking lot.

Edit to add: I think the TouringPlans Room Finder is free (someone can correct me) but you can click on individual rooms and see the views. You can click "Garden View" and then on individual buildings and it will show you the rooms that are classified as such.

Thanks!
Nowhere is far from anywhere at POFQ - so small and compact it's wonderful. :smickey:

I just read an article saying the refurbishment at POFQ included a change to Keurig coffee pot. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks so much :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter