Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We arrive today! So excited for our first time staying at French Quarter—can’t wait to explore !

I hope you love it as much as we do. I have to wait until October :( Please come back and tell us what you think. As others have said, if heading to Disney Springs definitely take the boat instead of the bus. so relaxing...Also if you want to check out port orleans riverside the walk to that resort is also peaceful and you might even pass horse and buggies going by

Hubby and I just booked a last minute trip to POFQ, checking in on April 7. Woohoo, so excited. Question - do the pool chairs go quick? I know that we can use the pools at Riverside as well but was wondering how the chair situation is at FQ. Thanks.
When we were there in September there was never any problem in getting chairs - especially in the more secluded areas away from the pool edges.

So my 1st time staying at POFQ. Trying to figure out if it's even worth it for me to fax for next week we have a early flight coming and I prefer a ready room. The only room I don't want is a pool view really. o_O

So my 1st time staying at POFQ. Trying to figure out if it's even worth it for me to fax for next week we have a early flight coming and I prefer a ready room. The only room I don't want is a pool view really. o_O

In that case, I would do online check in, select the box for room ready on arrival. If they put you in a pool view, you can ask at the desk if something else is available.Unless it’s a holiday, odds are good there will be something.

In that case, I would do online check in, select the box for room ready on arrival. If they put you in a pool view, you can ask at the desk if something else is available.Unless it’s a holiday, odds are good there will be something.

That's what I was figuring. I've done these early morning fly ins twice before and asked to just have my room be ready when I arrive I've never been unhappy with what I was given yet. I have a King room as it is so I know my choices are limited at that.

Pool view is a separate bookable category so I wouldn't think you'd get one unless you booked it (I guess unless they were overbooked and tried to "upgrade" you).

Pool view is a separate bookable category so I wouldn't think you'd get one unless you booked it (I guess unless they were overbooked and tried to "upgrade" you).
There are some Garden view rooms in buildings 2 & 5 that face pool side but they are opposite the playground & hot tube. If you booked Standard no worries as buildings 2 & 5 have none.

There are some Garden view rooms in buildings 2 & 5 that face pool side but they are opposite the playground & hot tube. If you booked Standard no worries as buildings 2 & 5 have none.

Are King Rooms Standard?

Are King Rooms Standard?
King rooms are a separate category so they can be anywhere. The website www.portorleans.org has room maps for each building so you can check if any overlook the pool.FWIW we had pool side on a trip and had no issues . This was before they were gated and locked so there was still 24 hour access .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter