Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

That's how I would have felt! I have to travel all across the country and plan for months and months. I don't want to go smell my room, go back to check in, smell a room, go back, to check in..........I'm exhausted and need my precious sleep!

Like people say, DW is in a swampy area. Mold is probably what everyone is smelling. I hated to see the beautiful bedspreads go away and then even the colorful strip across the foot of the bed. Now they are putting in laminate floors :( but I understand.
I love the laminate flooring when it actually gets cleaned. Otherwise it’s a bummer to feel like I can’t walk around without socks

I love the laminate flooring when it actually gets cleaned. Otherwise it’s a bummer to feel like I can’t walk around without socks

Yes, I understand why the colorful bedspreads and carpets had to go but when I walk in and see all white, it's just not as festive but I guess clean is better than colorful in the long run.

How cute is this?
Left in the room yesterday
31E64588-EDDB-4E9C-954F-470C7E4FDF8A.jpg

It's been a few trips since we've stayed at FQ. I've forgotten how much I love it here. Like really love it. The trip to DS aside the bus service is spectacular. It always has been. I know it's luck of the draw but we've always gotten lucky. Darn good stop locations too. I requested and got building 4. It's my favorite and what I always ask for. I am seriously thinking of moving over here in June over a stay at YC. I know I like the resort better. Need to talk to the others. The location is so Central to everything too

Last edited:

It's been a few trips since we've stayed at FQ. I've forgotten how much I love it here. Like really love it. The trip to DS aside the bus service is spectacular. It always has been. I know it's luck of the draw but we've always gotten lucky. Darn good stop locations too. I requested and got building 4. It's my favorite and what I always ask for. I am seriously thinking of moving over here in June over a stay at YC. I know I like the resort better. Need to talk to the others. The location is so Central to everything too

Just wanted to say this FQ-Love post really cheered up my Saturday morning. I'm a Building 6 gal myself.

Prices better at the POFQ in the beginning of May or the beginning of October ?
Or are they the same price ?
Standard room - top floor would be our preference

O.K. , getting close to Mardi Gras !
Any word yet or schedules out for French Quarter activities ?

We will be at POFQ the week of Mardi Gras, and looking forward to the parade !!! :cool1:

We did it, we switched to FQ for our summer trip. I want sure at first since we need 3 beds really. DH doesn't like sharing a queen and DGD sleeps like a starfish. I was going to go with Riverside instead but don't like it quite as much so it was a struggle. Then it struck me to just get a blow up twin mattress for her and have it shipped. It will fit where the table goes, the table fits next to the bed, by the door. So we get the sleeping surfaces we need and the resort we prefer. Turns out FQ was cheaper too, even including having a mattress sent

We did it, we switched to FQ for our summer trip. I want sure at first since we need 3 beds really. DH doesn't like sharing a queen and DGD sleeps like a starfish. I was going to go with Riverside instead but don't like it quite as much so it was a struggle. Then it struck me to just get a blow up twin mattress for her and have it shipped. It will fit where the table goes, the table fits next to the bed, by the door. So we get the sleeping surfaces we need and the resort we prefer. Turns out FQ was cheaper too, even including having a mattress sent
I switched from BC to POFQ, so excited!!

Does anyone know if they have rollaway beds available and if there's a cost. We will technically have 5 in our room (youngest is 2, but tall). She'll sleep better in a bed (pack and plays are already a tight fit length wise for her), but then we'd need an extra sleeping surface. I'd rather not have to ship an air mattress so just wanted to check on a cot. Thx!

FWIW, we often travel with an air mattress. It is a twin size air mattress with a built-in air pump. Its super easy to set up and take down. We use a carry-on suitcase for the air mattress and have never had any issues with TSA screening for it.

FWIW, we often travel with an air mattress. It is a twin size air mattress with a built-in air pump. Its super easy to set up and take down. We use a carry-on suitcase for the air mattress and have never had any issues with TSA screening for it.
That's what I'm going to order from Amazon. I found one for as low as $30 that will work fine for DGD, with a built-in pump. We already travel with fully loaded bags so there's no way we can add one to our bags, plus this will be a 2 week trip. We'll just have it shipped down and probably leave it behind, unless some miracle happens and I become a light packer in the next couple of months. But I filled up a bag with 50lbs just for 4 and a half days!

That's what I'm going to order from Amazon. I found one for as low as $30 that will work fine for DGD, with a built-in pump. We already travel with fully loaded bags so there's no way we can add one to our bags, plus this will be a 2 week trip. We'll just have it shipped down and probably leave it behind, unless some miracle happens and I become a light packer in the next couple of months. But I filled up a bag with 50lbs just for 4 and a half days!
In case you want to keep it you can get shipping at the front desk ( normal UPS cost plus a $5.00 fee on our last trip).
We send laundry/ extra clothing home (we get a box from the gift shop) a couple of days before leaving. We do it to make room for purchases & make the bag lighter. Something we started doing on trip to California ( stopping at a UPS or FedEx location if the hotel had no service) .

In case you want to keep it you can get shipping at the front desk ( normal UPS cost plus a $5.00 fee on our last trip).
We send laundry/ extra clothing home (we get a box from the gift shop) a couple of days before leaving. We do it to make room for purchases & make the bag lighter. Something we started doing on trip to California ( stopping at a UPS or FedEx location if the hotel had no service) .
True. Will depend on if we get the cheap one or not. I usually bring a shipping label with me anyway, since I can bring a label from work and it doesn't cost me anything, just in case. I cancel it if we don't use it

So big surprise here! I just changed from Pop to POFQ for our trip starting this week!
POFQ is the only resort we’ve stayed at more than once. We love it!

Question about getting to the main pool at Riverside. What’s the quickest/easiest way to get there to check out their pool? I’ll be with my 7&8 year olds if that makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter