Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

As long as it goes slowly while we're there for July/Aug and then it can whizz by to Nov ;-)

Whoa, slow down there a little. I have an August 2014 date at FQ. How about we compromise and just get to late July and then we can slow things down for a few weeks.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Good Luck to all the French Quarter cast members (and all the extras who will no doubt get drafted in too) for the launch of Magic Bands at FQ today.

On the plus side, I believe many of them will have been swapping over to the POR front desk over the last few weeks, so they should at least have a head-start on other resorts rather than coming into the system completely cold.

Hope it all goes well!

Andre

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Can't wait to give them a shot next year. We have had a couple friends that were at POP this year and they had them while we did not.

Same here! Can't we just skip the first 8 months of 2014? :rotfl:

Nooooo!:lmao::lmao: Let's just skip the first 7.:wave2:

Just curious. Have they replaced all of the refrigerators at POFQ yet? We have a long time before we are there, but it was not real convenient without one last month at POR. Any schedule on when they will be finished replacing them?

mm1971 said:
Just curious. Have they replaced all of the refrigerators at POFQ yet? We have a long time before we are there, but it was not real convenient without one last month at POR. Any schedule on when they will be finished replacing them?

According to post #1 of this thread, on September 4th they were 90% complete. It was expected POFQ would be 100% complete by now or very soon.

Thanks once again Andre for keeping this POFQ thread alive!!! :thumbsup2 I love all the updates and info you provide and cannot imagine getting ready for an upcoming trip without it! ;)

I just booked POFQ once again for August of 2014......so there's plenty of time for me to watch for anything new and live vicariously through everyone else's adventures in the meantime! :goodvibes pixiedust:

Good Luck to all the French Quarter cast members (and all the extras who will no doubt get drafted in too) for the launch of Magic Bands at FQ today. On the plus side, I believe many of them will have been swapping over to the POR front desk over the last few weeks, so they should at least have a head-start on other resorts rather than coming into the system completely cold. Hope it all goes well! Andre

I checked into FQ today with Magic Band. Thought they launched 9/30.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards °o°

wdwguy50 said:
I checked into FQ today with Magic Band. Thought they launched 9/30.

Erm, is my calendar slow again? It's definitely 9/30 here in the UK anyway (or, more accurately, it's 30/9 here in the UK).

Andre

Erm, is my calendar slow again? It's definitely 9/30 here in the UK anyway (or, more accurately, it's 30/9 here in the UK).

Andre

What month is the 30th month? I didn't know the UK had a different calendar! Don't you have a regular one like everyone else? :confused3

What month is the 30th month? I didn't know the UK had a different calendar! Don't you have a regular one like everyone else? :confused3

In the UK (and some other countries) the date is written before the month. So 30/9 equates to September 30 (or 30 September in the UK)!

In the UK (and some other countries) the date is written before the month. So 30/9 equates to September 30 (or 30 September in the UK)!

Sorry, I tried to go in and edit on my phone and had to log in here. I'm messing with him lol. I live in Scotland, but I still have trouble remembering to write the date 'backwards' (day/month/year) :lmao: Although quite honestly, waiting for summer to turn up here some years really does feel like there are 30 months in the calendar!

I know the coffees changed but died anyone know if they still use the little coffee mate creamers ?

Yay!! Just booked a short trip for the beginning of november!! Had some free flight credits and convinced DH we should use them to get ourselves to Orlando :teeth:
DD & I are excited to stay at POFQ again.

Not only did I book our stay, but within an hour also had our magic bands customized and FP+ booked. Still not entirely convinced about this FP+ thing but figured we'd give it a try :-)

Yay :woohoo: :banana:

We are at 60 and med says we can do online checkin. I went through the whole process and then get an error message. Is it because we have two rooms that are linked? No big deal if we have to check in when we get there I guess.

LOL. Yes, I've noticed that "some other countries" is how many Americans tend to view the whole of the world that isn't the USA (OK, except Belize in this case, and some Canadians) :) :)

I'm quite used to the odd way that the US writes its dates by now (I'm very careful never to use numeric-only dates anywhere on my website to avoid confusion) but it still doesn't make any sense... Either use little-endian format (small<medium<large, dd/mm/yy) like the UK and most of the rest of the world, or go for big-endian (large>medium>small, yy/mm/dd) which makes sense too (like China, Japan and a small number of other countries - so actually a very large usage by population count). But randomly shuffling the figures around to make some hybrid middle-endian format (medium>small<large, mm/dd/yy) makes no logical sense at all when you think about it.

It's one of those historical things that just got stuck when standards were forming (oddly enough, I believe it was largely down to a notational problem when staff were archiving one of the US President's wife's official letters) and it'd be far too much hassle to correct it now.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country, it's actually very interesting. But kinda off-topic here I guess. :)

Andre

I know the coffees changed but died anyone know if they still use the little coffee mate creamers ?

The coffee had changed when we were there and they were still using the little creamers. Not sure if anything has changed since

We had a working fridge two weeks ago.

Yes, they had them when we were there 2 weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts