Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Yep! Sixth generation Texan. Live in a suburb of Houston.

Enjoy your trip! We are going to be back at WDW from Dec 1 thru Dec 7 to see all the Christmas stuff and go to MVMCP (?) and also have a Candlelight Processional dinner booked. Probably spend some time touring resorts as well.

This had been my experience too so I was glad to hear it's only happening sometimes still, and at slow times of the day where it's not much of a bother. Sharing a bus headed back from a busy park isn't fun, but it's still not too bad because (presumably) they'd send extra buses to account for that, and FQ is usually the first stop. However, sharing buses going to the park would negate one of the best features of FQ in my opinion, which is having only one bus stop.

Yes, this absolutely helps. Thanks for re-explaining to my oft-confused self. :-)

I was just mixed up about whether or not those two parks were always sharing or just doing it sometimes. It sounds like the latter, which I've seen as well, especially during mid-day so that makes sense.

Glad we got it figured out!

If it makes you feel any better, I have never once in 2016/April 2018/October 2018 shared with Riverside going to any park, be it the morning/afternoon/evening/night.

Unfortunately the search function isn't working right now so hopefully no one has asked this, but what is the policy on pool toys? Going to make a little "care basket" for our nieces for our trip next may and would like to include some pool toys... float rings, maybe some water guns and floating characters etc... what's allowed?

Quick question - what shampoo and conditioner does POFQ have in the rooms? We're checking in on Monday and really liked what was in the Yacht Club room when we were there is September and were hoping it's the same everywhere. I'm 99% sure it is, just wanted to double check before I pack my own shampoo.

Quick question - what shampoo and conditioner does POFQ have in the rooms? We're checking in on Monday and really liked what was in the Yacht Club room when we were there is September and were hoping it's the same everywhere. I'm 99% sure it is, just wanted to double check before I pack my own shampoo.

It’s the same :thumbsup2

I just realized that it doesn't make sense for me to pack my ice gel pack that I use for pain when there is no freezer in the room. So, I guess I will make do with a ziploc filled with ice. So, my question is,where are the ice machines located? TIA!

I was just mixed up about whether or not those two parks were always sharing or just doing it sometimes. It sounds like the latter, which I've seen as well, especially during mid-day so that makes sense.

The bus services are almost always shared between POR and POFQ for routes to AK and to Disney Springs, and almost never for Magic Kingdom and Studios. There is some variation by time of day too. For lots more discussion and details, see my page at www.portorleans.org/buses.php.

Andre

Two probably dumb questions but was unable to search

Do the rooms have fridges? We have a 2 and 4 year old so smoothies are a must

Also has anyone used amazon prime now at pofq? We used garden grocer when we there in January but amazon seems to be cheaper (also can amazon gift cards be used for prime now)

Thanks in advance

Two probably dumb questions but was unable to search

Do the rooms have fridges? We have a 2 and 4 year old so smoothies are a must

Also has anyone used amazon prime now at pofq? We used garden grocer when we there in January but amazon seems to be cheaper (also can amazon gift cards be used for prime now)

Thanks in advance
Mini fridges with no freezer.
Going to try amazon prime now for the first time on our trip in 2 weeeks. Will report back!

For those that have done Amazon Prime Now, do you have to meet the driver in the lobby? Or will they leave at the front desk?

Just got back yesterday from a great stay at FQ. I stayed there many times growing up and it was so nice to go back as an adult. It felt like coming home! Just as charming and relaxing as I remember. We did the snowflake scavenger hunt and it was cute, a great way to explore the resort. I was pleasantly surprised by the food at Floatworks, and loved the mini bottles of Rosa Regale they were selling. Wasn't too fond of the boozy beignets, which I was looking forward to trying but the alcohol quickly leaked out and I thought it would be absorbed more. We wanted to do the Paint Night they have on Wednesday nights but unfortunately couldn't fit it into our schedule, so I guess thats an excuse to go back!

Also if anyone is was thinking about doing it, do NOT walk head first into the poles outside the lobby. I somehow managed to do that and surprise! It's extremely painful lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter