Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We booked a table at Trails End. Got a bus to the main hub (near the horses) and literally walked the path which from memory took a couple of hours and WOW!
I don’t know the route the horse and carriage takes but that might be easier.
Was a lovely afternoon and we enjoyed a nice meal before heading back on the boat to MK.

Thank you! Added this to the list!

Hi I am just wondering does the resort have a bar area to sit and relax, what are the prices like?
Can't talk to prices, but the bar area is very nice, and:

1. We were allowed to bring a plate of food from the food court to a table. We really liked that because it allowed us to enjoy the...

2. Live music! Can't remember what nights (every night?), but it was cool folk and pop stuff and not too loud.

We booked a table at Trails End. Got a bus to the main hub (near the horses) and literally walked the path which from memory took a couple of hours and WOW!
We are also planning a December trip and have loved the decorations at Wilderness Lodge. What exactly is decorated on the path to Trail's End?

We are also planning a December trip and have loved the decorations at Wilderness Lodge. What exactly is decorated on the path to Trail's End?
Sorry my post was obviously misleading. The path is just a great way to see lots of decorated vans and the areas around them. Not actually the path decorated.
There are entire cities in the U.K. that spend less on their decorations than each van.

Very happy to be returning for a stay at FQ. DH and I haven't stayed here since January. Our last few trips have been at BWI CL. But I'm tearing myself away from the crew up there to go to my 2nd favorite Disney home, FQ. We'll be there for Labor Day weekend. We were torn about going back (we were just there for the 4th) but they released the announcement for the Passholder events at TSL and we got in to one right after Labor Day so we pulled the trigger on the trip. FQ here we come. Very excited to see the new rooms. I love the similar style at YC and CC so I know we'll love it at FQ too.

I have read that the Building 7 refresh has been completed . I can't find any official word on that. Does anyone know if the refresh has been completed?

Can you see OKW or any other resorts while on the ferry from POFQ to Disney springs? Anything else to look at? Anyone have pictures?
Thanks

Very happy to be returning for a stay at FQ. DH and I haven't stayed here since January. Our last few trips have been at BWI CL. But I'm tearing myself away from the crew up there to go to my 2nd favorite Disney home, FQ. We'll be there for Labor Day weekend. We were torn about going back (we were just there for the 4th) but they released the announcement for the Passholder events at TSL and we got in to one right after Labor Day so we pulled the trigger on the trip. FQ here we come. Very excited to see the new rooms. I love the similar style at YC and CC so I know we'll love it at FQ too.
We'll be at FQ over Labor Day, too.

Hey POFQ fans... I have an opinion question. We're doing our last trip to WDW with our AP's in late October. I have been unable to get the last night of our planned four night stay through disney, much less a discount. We like the gardenview rooms; which I presently have booked for the first three nights.

Enter decision. I reached out to a travel agency who can get me all four nights in a standard room. The rate is similar to rack for three nights gardenview.

If I book with the agency I will be giving up the ability to snag an AP room discount when/if they release. We've been lucky in getting them so far, but always very close to our actual travel date. I've also never used a travel agency before, and trusting a third party makes me anxious. I called Disney months ago about that fourth night, and the cast member seemed to think odds were good it would open up.

So WWYD? Is the lower rate worth the drop in view? TBH not all of the gardenview rooms I've booked have been worth it, and there's no guarantee it will be this time either. Pros/Cons? Keep trying for gardenview rack/discount? It's likely our last visit for a while and I don't want to feel like we compromised too extremely. TIA!

Hey POFQ fans... I have an opinion question. We're doing our last trip to WDW with our AP's in late October. I have been unable to get the last night of our planned four night stay through disney, much less a discount. We like the gardenview rooms; which I presently have booked for the first three nights.

Enter decision. I reached out to a travel agency who can get me all four nights in a standard room. The rate is similar to rack for three nights gardenview.

If I book with the agency I will be giving up the ability to snag an AP room discount when/if they release. We've been lucky in getting them so far, but always very close to our actual travel date. I've also never used a travel agency before, and trusting a third party makes me anxious. I called Disney months ago about that fourth night, and the cast member seemed to think odds were good it would open up.

So WWYD? Is the lower rate worth the drop in view? TBH not all of the gardenview rooms I've booked have been worth it, and there's no guarantee it will be this time either. Pros/Cons? Keep trying for gardenview rack/discount? It's likely our last visit for a while and I don't want to feel like we compromised too extremely. TIA!

I have stayed both Garden View (which I prefer) and Standard View. I guess for me, the only reason I like GV better is the walk to and from the room - overall, just prettier. The difference in rates is pretty minimal... last I checked for my dates anyway, it was something like $5/night.

I wouldn't put much stock in the AP discounts. The ones that have been released for my dates had little/no availability across the whole of WDW properties. And October is often not included at all in their special offers, and then, most often POFQ is NOT included, so if that what you are waiting for, I wouldn't.

If that TA has availability for your stay, if it were me making the decision, I would go for the sure thing.

ETA: If you book with the TA, and then something DOES magically appear, you can always cancel and re-book, depending on the TA deal, of course.

Your TA could change your reservation if an AP discount is available. We've done that in the past with our TA. Personally, unless I'm staying deluxe where I would have a balcony/patio, I never pay extra for a view.

Can you see OKW or any other resorts while on the ferry from POFQ to Disney springs? Anything else to look at? Anyone have pictures?
Thanks
From PO to DS, you don't pass through OKW, so you don't see anything of OKW. You will go by SSR.

I appreciate all the input. Unfortunately, we lost the dates because I was waiting on my husband's approval of the change. Now I don't know what to do- if anyone has TA recommendations that might have availability please do PM me. So bummed and feeling out of options. Hopefully something works out.
Oh, dang! That's too bad. Keep checking though...people change their reservations right up until the end, so maybe something will open up. In the meantime, I guess if it were me, I'd hop on ANY reservation I could with availability, and check around. While we can't make TA recommendations on the DIS due to the rules of the boards, you may be able to do a google search for agents with agency deals, i know there are a few.

Good luck.

Jeanne

I appreciate all the input. Unfortunately, we lost the dates because I was waiting on my husband's approval of the change. Now I don't know what to do- if anyone has TA recommendations that might have availability please do PM me. So bummed and feeling out of options. Hopefully something works out.

Not sure if you've tried it yet, but do every permutation of your stay in the Disney online reservation system. Try just the last night, try your last two nights, try the last three nights. A lot of times there is availability but Disney's system won't show it when attached to a longer reservation. And the phone CMs can't really see anymore availability then you, unless it's a special type of room (certain suites). Guest services sometimes can, but usually not the standard phone CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter