Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hope you have a fantastic time! I recommend browsing https://www.portorleans.org/ for so much cool info.

To address your question about POR further, there is also a bus you can hop, or go on a complete "boat tour" and from the wonderful portorleans.org site, "You can also use the ferry boats to travel between French Quarter and Riverside before 5pm, however you will need to disembark at Riverside and queue up again for the return journey. If a boat seems full when you are waiting to board at Riverside, let the boat captain know if you are only intending to travel as far as French Quarter as they always hold back some empty seats to allow passengers to embark at French Quarter. After 5pm, please use the complimentary bus service instead."

Love your screen name! My DD watched AiW so many times we both memorized it!

Arneil the popular Greeter at Port Orleans French Quarter retires

Not sure I've seen this on this thread, maybe I just missed it and it's old news.... but it's on Andre's website.

I will miss Arneil...I always look for him when we go back to POFQ.

https://www.portorleans.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2157#p8074
Oh that’s a shame. I loved meeting him last year and hoped my DH would meet him next year. I was thinking about him last week and actually wondering if he’d be retired before our trip.

Hope he’s doing well in his retirement

I read the port orleans guide and it was AWESOME! SO much great information! I just need to confirm something- If we have anything delivered to this hotel- specifically amazon prime now and instacart- we will be charged???? I have never heard of such a thing and I go to Disney 4x a year?? We have prime deliveries 2-3 times per trip??

If we have anything delivered to this hotel- specifically amazon prime now and instacart- we will be charged???? I have never heard of such a thing and I go to Disney 4x a year?? We have prime deliveries 2-3 times per trip??

Yes, all WDW resorts now charge for any deliveries accepted on behalf of guests at the hotels. It's $5 per item for all mail and courier deliveries, and $5 per delivery for food/groceries (can include several bags/boxes for the same fee). It'll be charged to your room account. The only way to avoid it is to actually meet the delivery driver yourself in person.

Andre

Yes, all WDW resorts now charge for any deliveries accepted on behalf of guests at the hotels. It's $5 per item for all mail and courier deliveries, and $5 per delivery for food/groceries (can include several bags/boxes for the same fee). It'll be charged to your room account. The only way to avoid it is to actually meet the delivery driver yourself in person.

Andre
Does this include if you buy something in the parks and have it sent to your room?

We currently have reservations at Pop 7/26 to 8/2 but I'm hearing more and more about the 15's that are there and thinking of switching to POFQ where we've stayed a couple of previous trips. I don't see anything recent about the 15's being at POFQ this July/early August, can anyone there now or in the next week or so advise if the 15's are at POFQ too? TIA!

Does this include if you buy something in the parks and have it sent to your room?
Ignore this post- I missed that Dsny4fun already said where to pick these things up. Just make sure you're familiar with gift shop hours- don't be like me and want to pick up your item when it's closed. :)

We currently have reservations at Pop 7/26 to 8/2 but I'm hearing more and more about the 15's that are there and thinking of switching to POFQ where we've stayed a couple of previous trips. I don't see anything recent about the 15's being at POFQ this July/early August, can anyone there now or in the next week or so advise if the 15's are at POFQ too? TIA!
I would like to know too.

Sorry for my ignorance.... what are the 15's?

Sorry for my ignorance.... what are the 15's?

South American tour groups, mostly comprised of 15 year old girls celebrating their quinciera.

I have not heard of them at POFQ but I believe they can stay at POR on occasion.

I’ll be at POP next week and I’m not too concerned.

South American tour groups, mostly comprised of 15 year old girls celebrating their quinciera.

I have not heard of them at POFQ but I believe they can stay at POR on occasion.

I’ll be at POP next week and I’m not too concerned.

Thank you, I should have been more clear :) I've worked in a high school 8+ years and I like teenagers, I'm more concerned about the possibility of the adults that should be supervising them in the middle of the night not doing so, or the resort not stepping in if they are unsupervised and loud in the middle of the night. But I don't really have any evidence that this is the norm at Pop...I may be just looking for justification to switch to one of my favorite resorts ;)

I'm glad to hear you're not concerned, I probably shouldn't be either!

Thank you, I should have been more clear :) I've worked in a high school 8+ years and I like teenagers, I'm more concerned about the possibility of the adults that should be supervising them in the middle of the night not doing so, or the resort not stepping in if they are unsupervised and loud in the middle of the night. But I don't really have any evidence that this is the norm at Pop...I may be just looking for justification to switch to one of my favorite resorts ;)

I'm glad to hear you're not concerned, I probably shouldn't be either!

The night is the only time I’m concerned about! We’re in pool preferred and I requested top floor. I will probably ask to change if I don’t get it ;) I have the GM email and I’m not afraid to use it during the trip either!

In the end, it just wasn’t worth paying the $75 per night difference to jump up to POFQ for this trip, so we are staying put. But I’m really looking forward to trying POFQ this Spring Break (we really like POR but the smaller resort fits our needs better for that trip).

The night is the only time I’m concerned about! We’re in pool preferred and I requested top floor. I will probably ask to change if I don’t get it ;) I have the GM email and I’m not afraid to use it during the trip either!

In the end, it just wasn’t worth paying the $75 per night difference to jump up to POFQ for this trip, so we are staying put. But I’m really looking forward to trying POFQ this Spring Break (we really like POR but the smaller resort fits our needs better for that trip).

We're in pool preferred too! I'm going to just keep an eye on the Pop thread to see if there's anymore late night issues at Pop. I agree about the upgrade cost, it's just my 19 year old daughter and I and we don't need any extra space and spend most of the day and night in the parks. We are probably going to do POFQ for a trip in 2020 though when we go again as a family. We take a lot more breaks then and enjoy the quiet of POFQ and the boat to Disney Springs. My husband definitely prefers the less crowded busses at POFQ too.

Hope you have a great trip!!

That review says they're are the same except for the shape. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out. The ice cream sundae looks really good and considering it is a snack credit as well as just 3 beignets alone, it makes for a difficult choice. Do you get the one with the ice cream that is a better value and likely tastes better or do you pick the plain ones with mountains of powdered sugar for a more authentic experience as well as better pictures?!

The sundae is no longer a snack credit nor at the 6x serving of Mickey shaped beignets (the 6x square ones were).

I am hoping to the painting on the bayou in October. Is there any way to know what the painting is ahead of time? Has anyone done this? If so what did you think of it? I have not been able to find much info.

I haven’t done it, but when we were there two weeks ago, the painting was from Moana.

Hi I am just wondering does the resort have a bar area to sit and relax, what are the prices like?

Hi I am just wondering does the resort have a bar area to sit and relax, what are the prices like?
There is an inside bar and sometimes the pool bar is open in the evening. Prices are typically for any vacation / resort location or sports stadium/ arena . Figure a bit more more than your local watering hole. The staff at both are great. Plus if you want a change of scenery POR is about a 10 minute or so walk .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!