Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

As long as I can view it in MDE I'll be happy, I've no idea where in MDE to look for it though, but I'm assuming that'll be an option that pops up when we've checked in.

We were booked at AKL but decided to switch hotels due to their pool closure this fall. We are now doing a split stay between BC and POFQ. It is my understanding that FQ is always excluded from room discounts, is that correct? Is POR normally excluded as well? French Quarter appealed to me more, but if we can only receive a discount at Riverside, I might consider switching hotels.

Apparently not always excluded, because I was able to get a discount and save about $100 for our summer trip over our original plans for POR. Same category (garden view).

Do they carry Bagels and/or English Muffins at Sassagoula Floatworks? If so, do they have toasters to toast them, or will the food areas toast them for you?

We are staying at POR starting this Saturday for 2 nights. Seasoned Disney vets but this is our first time staying at a resort since they implemented the parking fee. Is the fee charged per reservation, or per car? I have a hard time believing it would be per car, as that would get difficult to manage, but my father (who is staying with us) doesn't believe me LOL. I'm assuming its just a lump charge added to your portfolio that you pay upon checkout, per reservation. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Is the fee charged per reservation, or per car?

I would assume per car, but I have no idea how they would implement that. When you enter the security gateway into the resort they now take registration plate numbers along with your magic band I believe.

Andre

@andrewilley thanks for the tip on the plate numbers. How would that work in our case then when our magic bands did not ship? We called this week and they said there was some error in shipping them so they will be waiting for us at the front desk. I suppose they'll just ask for our res # we need to pull up on MDE? I just don't see either how they could implement this per car...

Got back about a week ago from another great stay at POFQ. I was with my brother and his family - our only request was to be close to each other and we were . We had river view rooms in building 6 - 6327 for me and around the corner 6325 for brother and family . My only complaint about the room was that I could hear the person in the next room snoring ! That is a first for me. Can’t blame the resort for that though as that was some loud snoring . We were close to the pool and food court - but isn’t everything close at this resort ; ) . They were working on building 4 while we were there . There was plastic sheets covering the windows so I couldn’t really see in. My only other complaint was the food court . It seemed to take forever to get food and it was just ok - but let me add this was late at night and there wasn’t a full staff so I can’t say what it was like during normal meal hours . I really like the compactness, beautiful grounds , and friendly service at this resort and hope to stay there again soon.

Which would be the fastest way to Disney Springs the bus or boat ? We were thinking of going to eat lunch around 11:30 at DS before we head to AK around 1:30. Would there be enough time with traveling back and forth to DS to be able to get back and on the bus to AK about 1:30?

Which would be the fastest way to Disney Springs the bus or boat ?

Depends on which happens to depart first. The boat ride is about 20 minutes, roughly the same as the bus (which will often stop at POFQ too after it leaves Riverside East). Personally I'd take the boat (they don't start until 10am by the way). I would say your timings are far too tight when you take the possible wait times into account.

Andre

Depends on which happens to depart first. The boat ride is about 20 minutes, roughly the same as the bus (which will often stop at POFQ too after it leaves Riverside East). Personally I'd take the boat (they don't start until 10am by the way). I would say your timings are far too tight when you take the possible wait times into account.

Andre
Thank you. Yes I think we would feel like we need to rush. We may just forget about lunch at DS.

Which would be the fastest way to Disney Springs the bus or boat ? We were thinking of going to eat lunch around 11:30 at DS before we head to AK around 1:30. Would there be enough time with traveling back and forth to DS to be able to get back and on the bus to AK about 1:30?
Or plan to go to AKL straight from DS, and then take the bus to AK.

Sorry for all the questions. I make our FP's in two days and I'm scrambling to finalize our plans.
We are thinking of going to HS on our last day which is a Thursday. I'm trying to decide if we would be able to get enough sleep before leaving the next morning at 8:30am.
We plan to stay and watch the Galactic Spectacular fireworks that starts at 10:00. About how long would it take us to get out of HS and back to POFQ if we are using the Disney bus? I know we will be herded out with a bunch of people and then have to wait to get on a bus. What is a good estimate on the timing?

We plan to stay and watch the Galactic Spectacular fireworks that starts at 10:00. About how long would it take us to get out of HS and back to POFQ if we are using the Disney bus? I know we will be herded out with a bunch of people and then have to wait to get on a bus. What is a good estimate on the timing?
It usually takes about 15/20 minutes once you're on the bus. A fair estimate from the time the show ends until you are in your room would be 45min to 1 hour. Possibly less time, but since you are concerned about getting in enough sleep time I suggest planning on the longer estimate.

It usually takes about 15/20 minutes once you're on the bus. A fair estimate from the time the show ends until you are in your room would be 45min to 1 hour. Possibly less time, but since you are concerned about getting in enough sleep time I suggest planning on the longer estimate.
Thank you! I was thinking about an hour. Anyway I decided to change our day for HS because I just found out yesterday our flights have been changed to an earlier flight :(. I guess we will go with Epcot our last day since it closes the earliest.

I don’t know bout fastest, but most pleasant way is the boat. Then you can take bus to AKL after lunch and transfer to AK park. It’s only a 5 min bus ride. Or Uber!
One of the things I enjoy staying at POR is taking the boat to DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter