Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks. Yes, I do remember the room number so I will have to try that. I just wasn’t sure if building 4 was “preferred” or any other special view category.
I have never noticed a category above "King" - like King Preferred or King River view. But I suspect Andre can help here.

I have never noticed a category above "King" - like King Preferred or King River view. But I suspect Andre can help here.

There are no Preferred Rooms at French Quarter - the closest to that would be to book Pool View, but the resort is so small it hardly makes any difference anyway. King Bed is a category on its own though, and it does not specify any particular location or view type; the rooms are scattered throughout the resort.

Andre

I’m sorry, I can’t remember from my last trip, but is the food court accessible all night for drink refills, or do they lock it up when the food stations close?

I'll be using room charge with a credit card for the first time this trip, so I'm wondering a bit how it works. How often and when does the hotel charge your credit card? Is it every day? If it's not, I'm worried about not realising how much I've spent and that I'll be spending too much during our holiday. Also, can you use your magic band to pay for doing the laundry, or do I have to use the physical credit card for that?

I'll be using room charge with a credit card for the first time this trip, so I'm wondering a bit how it works. How often and when does the hotel charge your credit card?

Usually once you hit $1500.

Is it every day?

Normally, no. However if you get to over half that $1500 by day 1 or 2 of a 10 night stay, they may run you CC.

If it's not, I'm worried about not realising how much I've spent and that I'll be spending too much during our holiday.

You can always check where you're at daily on the MDE app, at the Front Desk or the Concierge Desk.

Also, can you use your magic band to pay for doing the laundry, or do I have to use the physical credit card for that?

Credit card only.

I'll be using room charge with a credit card for the first time this trip, so I'm wondering a bit how it works. How often and when does the hotel charge your credit card?

The hard limit before the balance needs to be placed into your actual card is $1,500 from memory, after which your magic band charging privileges would be blocked. To avoid that happening, the overnight systems normally charge the balance to your credit card once the total gets to over $1,000. That way you won't get caught out the next day if you have a couple of large meals to pay for, etc.

Andre

Does the gift shop sell "cases" of water bottles or gallon jugs of water? All we need is water so seems silly to do a grocery order.

Well the resort pool is fun, and the kids' splash play area is very nice, but I can't imagine spending three days there with even the most water-enthusiastic child. There are tons of other things you can do around WDW without going to the parks though - travel to the other resorts to eat and look around (Riverside is only a short walk away and you can use the pools there too if you want; at Animal Kingdom Lodge you can see the Savannah; Boardwalk is fun for a stroll around, etc), take an evening carriage ride at POR, ferryboat from POFQ to Disney Springs, mini golf, rent a water craft at one of the Magic Kingdom area hotels, perhaps a water park if you want something bigger?

Andre

I actually did an entire trip this way, and I had a blast!

Does the gift shop sell "cases" of water bottles or gallon jugs of water? All we need is water so seems silly to do a grocery order.
As recently as our New Years trip we purchased a Dasani case of 24 12 oz bottles for somewhere around $9 in the gift shop. Very reasonable. They sell gallons too.

The gift shop did have cases of water for sale, there were no prices posted for anything in the cooler. I planned on buying one, but was happy that I didn't. I had grabbed a couple of the vacuum insulated bottles (the ones shaped like a bottle) while I was packing. I would fill these from the food court and they would stay ice cold all day long.

I've stayed in all 3 types too and feel the same way! We stayed at AKL our last trip and DH wanted to take the boat back from Disney Springs because he was feeling the nostalgia for POFQ! Lol. Our next Disney trip will most likely be there =)

Okay, so I have a Garden view room booked for August. Any suggestions on where to make preferences? Where are your favorite garden view rooms? I'm a big ground-floor fan and I was thinking buildings 4, 5, or 6 but I don't want to be too far from the main building.
Opinions welcomed!

We're working on a trip for late November, with a family who has never been to WDW.

After many trips have we have our favorites, but haven't yet stayed in a newly refurbed room. I usually request a ground floor room, particularly when traveling with someone using a ECV, but someone recently reported here the noise level from floors above. Since this family has a member who will be needing to take frequent rest breaks, I really want them to have the best location possible.

Are there others here who have stayed on the lower floor and can report on noise from above floors?

Thanks!

I just did a ground floor stay, i can count one time I heard someone above us. It was a little kid in the early morning (my bet would be early morning breakfast or leaving for the airport). Granted I was in a non refurbished room.

Also I had a connecting room with my inlaws, I never heard a peep from the other side of the connector door

We were booked at AKL but decided to switch hotels due to their pool closure this fall. We are now doing a split stay between BC and POFQ. It is my understanding that FQ is always excluded from room discounts, is that correct? Is POR normally excluded as well? French Quarter appealed to me more, but if we can only receive a discount at Riverside, I might consider switching hotels.

I'll be using room charge with a credit card for the first time this trip, so I'm wondering a bit how it works. How often and when does the hotel charge your credit card? Is it every day? If it's not, I'm worried about not realising how much I've spent and that I'll be spending too much during our holiday. Also, can you use your magic band to pay for doing the laundry, or do I have to use the physical credit card for that?
I normally just swing by after getting back from the parks and have them print me up my charges. Will be doing that for sure this year since I also want to pay some of them off with a couple gift cards I have.

I normally just swing by after getting back from the parks and have them print me up my charges. Will be doing that for sure this year since I also want to pay some of them off with a couple gift cards I have.
I usually wait until the almost the last day and then go pay it down with all the gift cards I've been collecting for the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter