Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We just got back from 7 nights at POFQ (our first stay here, although we have stayed at Riverside). Can I just say, after staying value, mod, and deluxe... POFQ is my FAVORITE resort. Seriously. I have never felt so happy, peaceful and serene at any resort. The grounds are GORGEOUS. From the landscaping, to the fountains, to the trees, to the fun New Orleans style buildings. Not a far walk to anywhere in the resort. CM's were so friendly. The food court offerings were really good. We ate a ton of beignets! My favorite was the french toast for breakfast. We stayed in building 6 with a 3rd floor river view. Loved sitting on the bench near our room and watching the boats go by, hearing the waves lapping and especially the clip-clop of the horses when the carriage rides would come through. The hot tub area was secluded and lovely. Nothing was ever crowded. It was probably just good luck, but 90% of the time a bus was pulling up headed to our destination every time we walked to the station. Our longest wait was at AK where unfortunately POFQ/POR share a bus stop and the line was so long (mid-day, even) that we had to wait for another bus. At the other parks, even at park close, we loved our little POFQ station with its short line! Never shared a bus with POR except going to AK one afternoon and it wasn't a big deal. After many trips, I found my home resort and I can't wait to return!

Edit to add: My DS 14 loved the Coke Freestyle machines. Such a nice perk!

At the other parks, even at park close, we loved our little POFQ station with its short line! Never shared a bus with POR except going to AK one afternoon and it wasn't a big deal. After many trips, I found my home resort and I can't wait to return!

You hit the nail on the head here for me as well. Convenient and timely transportation is probably the most important thing for my family, and this is why FQ is our favorite resort. We’ve never stayed at a deluxe because they are bit outside our price range so I can’t speak to them, but have stayed at pretty much every other on-site resort and FQ is the best in this regard hands down. So excited to be going back in November!

I don't know when we will be able to do Disney again (we've got some home improvement projects coming up). Also, my DS is itching for a Universal trip. But I will definitely return to POFQ the next time. I was amazed at how much staying here enhanced our vacation. DS said it was the best trip yet and I totally agree.

We are staying at POFQ for 3 nights after a 7-day cruise in August. We spent 3 weeks at WDW last year so have no intentions of doing the parks for these 3 days. Is the resort pool enough fun for my DS7 or do we need to book some days to do other things?

We have stayed at GF and SS so I’m excited about POFQ based on so many people’s positive comments!!

We are staying at POFQ for 3 nights after a 7-day cruise in August. We spent 3 weeks at WDW last year so have no intentions of doing the parks for these 3 days. Is the resort pool enough fun for my DS7 or do we need to book some days to do other things?

Well the resort pool is fun, and the kids' splash play area is very nice, but I can't imagine spending three days there with even the most water-enthusiastic child. There are tons of other things you can do around WDW without going to the parks though - travel to the other resorts to eat and look around (Riverside is only a short walk away and you can use the pools there too if you want; at Animal Kingdom Lodge you can see the Savannah; Boardwalk is fun for a stroll around, etc), take an evening carriage ride at POR, ferryboat from POFQ to Disney Springs, mini golf, rent a water craft at one of the Magic Kingdom area hotels, perhaps a water park if you want something bigger?

Andre

I mentioned this on another thread but POFQ has really been our home resort since our first family trip staying onsite in 1994. Our two trips prior to that were offsite and on both trips we were curious about the onsite hotels. So we finally made a reservation for POFQ that year. We did not know to ask for any particular room and were extremely fortunate to get a first floor corner room facing the pool very close to the river. We were hooked. Now all these years later we are up to about 35 trips and while we have stayed at a lot of resorts we seem to always find our way back to this one. Even though the kids are grown and it is just my wife and I we go back to this one. We leave 5/19 for a week stay and once again will be at POFQ. The shorter walks, the frequency of buses, the boat to Disney Springs all play into why we like it so much. Additionally being from the Houston area it feels very much like home to us in many ways, hence the reason we have adopted it as our home away from home.

We're working on a trip for late November, with a family who has never been to WDW.

After many trips have we have our favorites, but haven't yet stayed in a newly refurbed room. I usually request a ground floor room, particularly when traveling with someone using a ECV, but someone recently reported here the noise level from floors above. Since this family has a member who will be needing to take frequent rest breaks, I really want them to have the best location possible.

Are there others here who have stayed on the lower floor and can report on noise from above floors?

Thanks!

OMG!!! Just returned from POFQ, and it is now my FAVORITE resort!!! We had an awesome stay!! As a Previous poster said, CM's were very friendly and helpful, BEIGNETS WERE OUTSTANDING!! We ate them EVERY night coming back from the parks. We LOVED that the resort had such a laid back and relaxing atmosphere. We never had lines in the food court or had to wait for a table. Buses were awesome! Only had to stand 1 time.

Now if I could just find out what kind of mattresses they have in those refurbed room so I can get me one....anyone know? I forgot to look before leaving.

I made a room request for building 4. Have they finished the refurb on it yet?
Ignore this. I guess I should of searched more, I found my answer. It is due to be finished May 30.

Last edited:
Last year I had a short two night stay booked in a king room and we got the corner ground floor room closest to the food court in building 4, facing the parking lot. We loved it! If I want to try and get that room again with a room request fax what category should I book? I’m pretty sure I just did king last year.
Also, I noticed the corner rooms don’t get used often and I kind of thought we got that one since it was a short stay. I’ve walked past corner rooms every day of a week+ stay and the curtains are wide open with no luggage. So what are the chances of getting that room or similar for a longer stay?
Thanks!!

I’ve walked past corner rooms every day of a week+ stay and the curtains are wide open with no luggage. So what are the chances of getting that room or similar for a longer stay?
Thanks!!

I don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to say I noticed that during our stay last week too! Many empty corner rooms! Or at least they appeared to be empty. *shrug*

We are scheduled to do the Painting on the Bayou on the 23rd of this month. They said this month's painting was Little Mermaid. Does anyone have a picture of the painting?

Also, I noticed the corner rooms don’t get used often and I kind of thought we got that one since it was a short stay. I’ve walked past corner rooms every day of a week+ stay and the curtains are wide open with no luggage. So what are the chances of getting that room or similar for a longer stay?
The chances are pretty good.
If I want to try and get that room again with a room request fax what category should I book? I’m pretty sure I just did king last year.
Do you remember the room number? You should request "King" and "corner room" and the room number. I know people suggest NOT requesting a specific room but I've had good luck doing so. sure, you might not get it, but if you don't ask...

You should request "King" and "corner room" and the room number.

Remember that King Bed is a paid booking category, not a request (which means you are asking for an upgrade). Corner room is a request anyone can make though.

Andre

I apologize, Andre.
If I want to try and get that room again with a room request fax what category should I book? I’m pretty sure I just did king last year.
Since you booked a King last year you should book the King Room category again and if you remember that room number request that. Or just request a corner room along with your King Room booking.

Is that better Andre?

I think there’s one on dis tickers. It doesn’t say POFQ but it has the boat and what looks like FQ behind it. I was using it till I added a second ticker amd it was too big for my signature.

Thanks for this message. I was looking for a Disney ticker and was now able to create my own. Husband and I are staying at POFQ for 1 night after kids leave with grandparents. Stayed previously at Riverside Royal Rooms- visited POFQ as well and loved the resort.

The chances are pretty good.

Do you remember the room number? You should request "King" and "corner room" and the room number. I know people suggest NOT requesting a specific room but I've had good luck doing so. sure, you might not get it, but if you don't ask...
Thanks. Yes, I do remember the room number so I will have to try that. I just wasn’t sure if building 4 was “preferred” or any other special view category.

We're working on a trip for late November, with a family who has never been to WDW.

After many trips have we have our favorites, but haven't yet stayed in a newly refurbed room. I usually request a ground floor room, particularly when traveling with someone using a ECV, but someone recently reported here the noise level from floors above. Since this family has a member who will be needing to take frequent rest breaks, I really want them to have the best location possible.

Are there others here who have stayed on the lower floor and can report on noise from above floors?

Thanks!

Didn't see any response to this... did it get lost in the shuffle, or has no one had any issues with noise from the upper levels in the refurbed buildings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter