Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Super excited! Just changed our reservation from POR to POFQ for our summer trip!! We are saving $110ish, so that’s pretty great, and I’m loving the smaller resort. I feel like we have the same perks from POR, without being a dog friendly resort, possibly newly updated room, less resort walking...I’m seeing no downside!! I’m leaning towards requesting a room in building 5 (we are garden view) because that looks close to the pool, food court, and buses. We are driving, but plan to take the bus most of the time. Does building 5 seem like a good request for us?

Building 5 is IMHO one of the best buildings. Walk down the stairs and BAM! You are by the pool, the laundry, the hot tub. Walk just a little bit farther across a courtyard, and there's the restaurants, the gift shop, the front desk and the bus stops.

I have had no problems being in there after 10:00. Sometimes a CM comes over and reminds us that lifeguards are leaving but they've told me they don't have a problem with us being there as long as we don't cause a ruckus. It could also be whichever CM are on that night.

Speaking of the Hot Tub, has anyone had any experience taking drinks to the hot tub with them lets say from the bar? I'm assuming its frowned upon. Anyone ever do this?

I was looking at the pictures of the refurbished rooms on portorleans.org and I can't tell if there is enough space for a twin size blow up mattress. Has anyone done this? I was thinking it may fit by the door but I can't really tell. We are a family of 4 but my kids are getting to that age where they will not be comfortable sharing a bed so I was thinking of bringing a twin mattress for one of them to use at night and we can deflate it during the day or just shove it under one of the beds when not in use. Is this a bad idea? We are driving so I really am not worried about the extra luggage. Thanks!
We were in a refurbished room in building 2 during Spring Break. We used a twin size inflatable mattress. We put it between the bed and front door. We brought our own mattress pad and twin sized sheet and a blanket. My daughter ended up asking for extra blankets. She felt chilled since she was so close to the AC. We didn't deflate it the whole trip. We just left it in its spot each day. I hope this helps!

We were in a refurbished room in building 2 during Spring Break. We used a twin size inflatable mattress. We put it between the bed and front door. We brought our own mattress pad and twin sized sheet and a blanket. My daughter ended up asking for extra blankets. She felt chilled since she was so close to the AC. We didn't deflate it the whole trip. We just left it in its spot each day. I hope this helps!
If you don’t mind me asking. What brand of air mattress was it? Did you pack it or have it shipped? We want one for our upcoming trip and cannot figure out which one to get! Thanks.

If you don’t mind me asking. What brand of air mattress was it? Did you pack it or have it shipped? We want one for our upcoming trip and cannot figure out which one to get! Thanks.
We have had ours for years, so we brought it with us. It is Coleman brand and was originally bought for camping when my son was in boy scouts. We have used it more for hotels than anything else over the years. We purchased separately a battery operated air compressor made by Coleman for it that will inflate or deflate the mattress. The air compressor is marvelous and quickly inflates the bed and quickly deflates the bed when you are finished. We didn't do a lot research on this when it was purchased. It was a last minute purchase by my husband before a camping event. It has held up well and served its purpose.

I have an air mattress I'm planning on bringing with me for one of the four of us to sleep on. (Not me because I'm paying for the room :) ) but I'm not sure of the size of it. It's bigger than a twin but I really don't think it's as big as a full. I've gotten mixed feedback on the sizing in accordance to the room with the air mattress. Has anyone tried fitting an air mattress in the room thats larger than a twin before and have it work?

Speaking of the Hot Tub, has anyone had any experience taking drinks to the hot tub with them lets say from the bar? I'm assuming its frowned upon. Anyone ever do this?
It's not allowed BUT I've seen adults do it frequently. I would say, use your judgement. If it's just you & a few other well-behaved adults, and there's a safe place nearby (near a rock or on a table where it won't get knocked over) to set it, go ahead. If there are lots of kids in there or people are being rowdy, you risk a lifeguard asking you to finish the drink first. I've never seen that happen though.

i have brought wine to the pool in my refillable mug - non breakable. Usually, I don't even go in the pool, but sit on the edge and put my tired aching feet in. Sometimes the lifeguard is ok with this, but I have had them say that all beverages must be kept at least 10 feet from the pool - claimed it was a chemical balance thing for the pool water.

Yeah, ok...but hard to believe that any drink, alcoholic or not, would change the chemical balance of the pool any more than....um, well you know what kids sometimes do in the water.... just sayin'... :rolleyes1

Yep, people I have seen bringing a drink (refillable mug, BYOB, bar cup, etc.) usually respectfully chug some back, put it on the tables and get in the pool and get back out in order to have another drink. The hot tub can sometimes be rotational as people regulate their heat, so this isn't a huuuuuuuge deal, unless you absolutely just cannot cope with other people in the hot tub you're floating in....

I was looking at photo's of the refurb rooms and did not see a hair dryer, do they still have them in the rooms?

Curious about the coffee makers in the rooms...I drink a hot drink (not coffee) every morning. Can I put water through the coffee maker to make it hot to make my drink (supplement)? That way I won't have to go to the food court to microwave the water. Thanks in advance for any help.

It’s not allowed but if you do, transfer drink into a resort mug with a lid on it to prevent a possible spill.

Super excited! Just changed our reservation from POR to POFQ for our summer trip!! We are saving $110ish, so that’s pretty great, and I’m loving the smaller resort. I feel like we have the same perks from POR, without being a dog friendly resort, possibly newly updated room, less resort walking...I’m seeing no downside!! I’m leaning towards requesting a room in building 5 (we are garden view) because that looks close to the pool, food court, and buses. We are driving, but plan to take the bus most of the time. Does building 5 seem like a good request for us?
I loved our room location in building 4. We were in a corner room at the end of the building closest to food court.

Looking at staying at POFQ mid-week after April 21st 2019 (Easter). Will the crowds be down some since it will be after Easter? Also, is it worth it to book a River view and will all the rooms have been refurbished by then? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter