Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

So my friend and I had to rebook our trip due to me not being able to get any time off in May for my new job. I was so concerned that we wouldn't be able to get POFQ back! But we did! We will now be there Sept 30 - Oct 5 for Food and Wine!

We have a trip planned for April. I’m hoping my parents will join us. We were totally spoiled our last big family trip (poly cl!). The biggest thing my parents loved about the poly was having a balcony. I know there are no balconies at the moderates. We have standard view rooms booked. How can we achieve a balcony feel? Do people ever move their room chairs outside to just sit? Which area of the resort is the ‘most private’? I’m reviewing photos on touring plans now. I just want my parents to enjoy the trip. We aren’t commandos and spend time at the resort.

Do people ever move their room chairs outside to just sit?

At POR, DH and I brought the chairs out in front of our door while the kids took a nap during a long rainstorm. We had some pre-dinner beverages and chatted with our neighbors for about an hour. The wind was blowing away from us so, everything stayed dry on the walkway. It's one of our best memories from that trip!

We have a trip planned for April. I’m hoping my parents will join us. We were totally spoiled our last big family trip (poly cl!). How can we achieve a balcony feel? Do people ever move their room chairs outside to just sit? Which area of the resort is the ‘most private’?
I'm not sure what to suggest for most private. We always book king bed and ask for top floor, corner room, river view in building 5 or 6. We have pulled our chairs out in the evening into the little "alcove" by the stairs, but our room is usually right next to this area. I'm not sure about putting them in the main walkway.

We were at POR in May/June and found the coffee just fine to get started in the morning. It's Joffrey's if I remember correctly. I liked the cups at the carts better but I was more aware, then!

Pretty sure it's Joffrey's in the food court. Our room in Building 5 was super close to the food court (just the second room in, pool view) so we would go get our coffee at night in our refillable mugs, put them in the fridge and have iced coffee in the morning. Saved us a bit on buying actual coffee beverages elsewhere (plus, I got my caffeine quicker).

We have a trip planned for April. I’m hoping my parents will join us. We were totally spoiled our last big family trip (poly cl!). The biggest thing my parents loved about the poly was having a balcony. I know there are no balconies at the moderates. We have standard view rooms booked. How can we achieve a balcony feel? Do people ever move their room chairs outside to just sit? Which area of the resort is the ‘most private’? I’m reviewing photos on touring plans now. I just want my parents to enjoy the trip. We aren’t commandos and spend time at the resort.

I’ve not seen many folks putting their chairs in the walkway, and if people need to go by - particularly with strollers - that might be an issue. The grounds of POFQ are gorgeous, and what I have seen are folks “claiming” benches or areas around a particular fountain or in a garden close to their rooms. Even when the resort is full, there are few places where crowds seem to gather - the pool area, of course, and the fire pit. If there is any way for you to swing a garden view room, then you can step out of your room and into your own slice of beauty.

It might be worth upgrading the rooms, if you can. From the portorleans.org site "For the quietest, most remote rooms, try buildings 1, 6 or 7 — with the river views from building 6 being especially pretty"

Just booked POFQ! We are booked in a standard view room. What would be a good room location request close to the main building/bus that isn't a preferred building? Thanks for any help. :)
FQ doesn't have a Preferred booking category so all buildings are in play for a Standard room
We always request building 4 personally. I think it's great for both a quick walk out to buses and to the lobby building.

In between the two rooms the wall/doors angle in to create a little cove that you can put a couple of chairs and not be in the walkway.

View attachment 297511
in addition, I think if you pull the chairs up to the balcony, or snug them to the wall, there would be room for folks for walk past...maybe not strollers or mobility scooters and wheel chairs though. I would think that a 1st floor room might be a better choice, as there are so many sidewalks to the main road that maybe not as many people need to go by.

in addition, I think if you pull the chairs up to the balcony, or snug them to the wall, there would be room for folks for walk past...maybe not strollers or mobility scooters and wheel chairs though. I would think that a 1st floor room might be a better choice, as there are so many sidewalks to the main road that maybe not as many people need to go by.
Mousekeeping usually parks their cart there and we are able to get by that with our sit-n-stand, so I do not think it's a problem at all.

FQ doesn't have a Preferred booking category so all buildings are in play for a Standard room
We always request building 4 personally. I think it's great for both a quick walk out to buses and to the lobby building.

Oh, I didn't know that. Awesome and thank you so much!

I will look forward to hearing how you enjoy the cruise. We keep looking at them, and then heading back to the parks. But maybe someday ....

Actually... it isn’t a Disney cruise. (Gasp) I know, sacrilege. Brand new ship on a line new to North America. But I plan on DCL for 2020. My retirement celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!