Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Going for my first stay @ POFQ 2/3-2/10. Usually stay at Value - Pop or at Wilderness Lodge. I was able to stay in refurbed room at Pop in October & loved the new beds. An earlier poster stated that the beds at PO were hard. Are they hard like what used to be at Pop? Just a little concerned due to recently diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in the spine & bone spurs.
I was the one who posted about the hard bed. I will add that we stayed in two different room types and the king bed was soft. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and one was softer than the other (both harder than my preference) It seems like it’s totally random on what types of beds are in what rooms.

Lucky you. When we were there Dec 31-jan 4, we never had anything replinished, including coffee. Afterward I kinda wished we would have declined housekeeping and gotten cards.
That's a shame. We were in Building 5 12/28 & 29 and 4 1/1-4 and had great luck with them replinishing everything. The stay in 4 is when they called to ask if we wanted to decline housekeeping, which we declined.

Going for my first stay @ POFQ 2/3-2/10. Usually stay at Value - Pop or at Wilderness Lodge. I was able to stay in refurbed room at Pop in October & loved the new beds. An earlier poster stated that the beds at PO were hard. Are they hard like what used to be at Pop? Just a little concerned due to recently diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in the spine & bone spurs.
I stayed in Building 1, with 2 Queen beds, my beds were soft. I loved them!!

Have there been any updates/pictures of the current refurbishment taking place?

Nothing much to see yet, just some barriers stopping you getting to the upper floors and a staging area in the parking lot. I would expect they will finish all three floors of building 2 before the open up any of the new rooms, but you never know they could re-open the top floor before then.

Andre

What part of building 2 is currently closed? I love the courtyard and would love a room facing it without requesting building 1.

Is there an email address for lost and found? Anyone have any experience with getting something back that was left in a room? Thanks!

I hope they aren't converting the rooms to the generic, unthemed decor that resembles a Holiday Inn, but sadly, that seems to be happening with every WDW resort refurbishment lately.
What is theming of the room? I didn't notice much inside the room at all.

What is theming of the room? I didn't notice much inside the room at all.
The bedspreads had some theming but I am glad they are gone. I used to take them off. There were runners on the bed and some throw pillows after they went to the white bedding. But they are gone. Which is ok with me too. We stay at POFQ for being on property not for the theme of the room. If the room looks like a Courtyard by Marriott so be it.

What kind of coffee contraption does the rooms have? I need at least one good cup of coffee in the morning and want to bring some along.

What kind of coffee contraption does the rooms have? I need at least one good cup of coffee in the morning and want to bring some along.

Just a basic Cuisinart two-cup coffee machine, which takes round pods (a couple of types are supplied).

Andre

Just a basic Cuisinart two-cup coffee machine, which takes round pods (a couple of types are supplied).

Andre

Is this some bizarre type of coffee maker or am I losing my mind? I cannot seem to find "pods" for a Cuisinart coffee maker. Anyone have any links?

The bedspreads had some theming but I am glad they are gone. I used to take them off. There were runners on the bed and some throw pillows after they went to the white bedding. But they are gone. Which is ok with me too. We stay at POFQ for being on property not for the theme of the room. If the room looks like a Courtyard by Marriott so be it.
I totally agree. For how long we were in the room....just for sleeping...it worked for us. Lol The grounds are what makes the theme imo.

Just checked in. Room fax request worked for 3rd floor with river view in a king room. Smooth flights and Disney Express. Got all text alerts and emails confirming room was ready. Received a phone call while on the bus and declined housekeeping for $60. Heading to Disney Springs soon, looking forward to a great week!

They are round bags, which look a lot like teabags in shape and size. Here are some examples: https://www.coffeehouseexpress.com/c/one-cup-guest-room-coffee.html

Both regular and decaf are provided though, and you can ask for extra free, so no need to buy your own.

Andre

Did you think the ones in the room taste ok?

We got these for our Nov/Dec trip and thought it tasted better than the pods available in room. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BOLYGWG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! I had no idea what they looked like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts