Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We're also using a TA with an exclusive deal... POFQ for about what we were planning to pay for Pop. I stayed at FQ for a day earlier this year and fell absolutely in love, so I am SO excited to go back. Just one question, I can't for the life of me remember - is there a curtain to go between the sink area and the bedroom if we need it? Four to the room, so divinding the space to change will be most helpful!

ETA: Posted this and then remembered I have photos on my phone - and there is a curtain! Yay!
Great to hear. POFQ is our "goto" resort and have always enjoyed staying there. Yes they have a curtain separating the sink area. Have a great trip:)

If I wanted to go to POR one night to watch Yehaa Bob, do you think it would be wise to ask for a room in Bldg 7? Or would it still be best to get a more centrally located room for the entire trip and just add the extra steps to that one night?

If I wanted to go to POR one night to watch Yehaa Bob, do you think it would be wise to ask for a room in Bldg 7? Or would it still be best to get a more centrally located room for the entire trip and just add the extra steps to that one night?

Just ask for where you want to be located for the whole stay, it's a shortish walk from anywhere in French Quarter anyway.

Andre

POFQ is not spread out so really anywhere is fine!

No just request what you want. As others have said nothing is very far. We have walked up from building 1 several times and it wasn't long.

Don't forget those are the travel times from when the bus leaves the resort, how long it takes from getting to the bus stop to park entrance is much longer and more variable - you need to factor in how long until a bus arrives, are there any more stops within the resort area (e.g. if it shares with POR), then getting through security and into the park, etc. I usually suggest allowing about an hour in total if you have something for which you need to be there for a specific time, such as an ADR meal reservation.

Andre

Would being at the bus stop at POFQ by 6:30AM be too early for a seat on the bus? I'm terrified of being too late for the first bus as we'll be heading to MK the morning of 10/22 and would like to be at the park for rope drop.

Would being at the bus stop at POFQ by 6:30AM be too early for a seat on the bus? I'm terrified of being too late for the first bus as we'll be heading to MK the morning of 10/22 and would like to be at the park for rope drop.
It could be but I do it too! I like the peace of mind, and it’s nice and cool and quiet that early :-)

Just read POFQ rooms are getting refurbed some! Yay! Any word on whether they might add the fifth pull down beds? Its our fav resort but we havent been able to stay there since we had our third child. Would be so happy if some rooms accommodated five!

Help with room request please. I booked a standard view room at FQ. Would like close to main building & quiet. I would eliminate building 7 as it is the farthest (but not by much) I looked at 3 or 4. Is there any difference in those 2 two? All I have so far is highest floor. Thank you.

Help with room request please. I booked a standard view room at FQ. Would like close to main building & quiet. I would eliminate building 7 as it is the farthest (but not by much) I looked at 3 or 4. Is there any difference in those 2 two? All I have so far is highest floor. Thank you.
What are your dates? You may need to keep the refurbishment schedule in mind when requesting room location.

(Thank you Andre, for this info!)

Building 1 — Feb 10 – Mar 13, 2018
Building 5 — Feb 26 – Mar 31, 2018
Building 4 — Mar 14 – Apr 16, 2018
Building 6 — Apr 1 – May 4, 2018
Building 7 — Apr 17 – May 20, 2018

While buildings 3 & 4 are closest to the main lobby/food court/transportation, for that same reason, they are probably a bit more noisy than 1 & 7. Buildings 2, 5 & 6 don't have Standard rooms - according to Touring Plans, anyway....

Last edited:
Building 4 is closest to the bus stop. We have been in every building but 4 and nothing is far.

Just ask for what you want - close to main building and quiet - rather than a building #.

Building 4 is closest to the bus stop. We have been in every building but 4 and nothing is far.
Did you request building 4 and not get it? That is the building I plan on requesting and wondered if it is hard to get because a lot request it.

Did you request building 4 and not get it? That is the building I plan on requesting and wondered if it is hard to get because a lot request it.
We've gotten the building we requested about 50% of the time...room/building requests are not guaranteed, but the Room Schedulers will try and accommodate where they can.

We usually book river view so building 4 would not be included. The only requests we make are room as soon as possible and corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter