Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked for Christmas week. (only time my kids can go). What if any activities/events do they have for Christmas? TY

I'm sure there will be character and other events. I know Andre will post the activity page for December when December starts. That will give you a good idea of what things are happening in December.

Oh, and because of school calendars, we'll be at FQ before and over Christmas too.

Looks like my family will be at POFQ end of the July/first of August! We were going to stay at ASMusic in a family suite thanks to the CM discount, but I just found out our friend is leaving her position at WDW. So I needed to re-book with our military discount and POFQ was available. My husband and I stayed there on a no-kids trip a number of years ago, but our kids have never stayed there. I'm sure they'll love it. The boat to Disney Springs will be nice, and we can explore POR as well. I'd hoped to get a preferred room at POR so our kids would have separate beds, but we can take an air mattress to POFQ.

I booked a river view room and it looks like Buildings 5 & 6 are good locations, so I'll probably request one of those two. I'll be watching this thread for updates on the resort!

Looks like my family will be at POFQ end of the July/first of August! We were going to stay at ASMusic in a family suite thanks to the CM discount, but I just found out our friend is leaving her position at WDW. So I needed to re-book with our military discount and POFQ was available. My husband and I stayed there on a no-kids trip a number of years ago, but our kids have never stayed there. I'm sure they'll love it. The boat to Disney Springs will be nice, and we can explore POR as well. I'd hoped to get a preferred room at POR so our kids would have separate beds, but we can take an air mattress to POFQ.

I booked a river view room and it looks like Buildings 5 & 6 are good locations, so I'll probably request one of those two. I'll be watching this thread for updates on the resort!
DH and I have had riverview in 1,5,6 & 7 . Due to the size of the resort all were a good location. You can use the pools at POR so if that is part of your plans 5, 6 or 7 would be the best.

Starting to get excited about this stay! It has been a while since I last stayed at POFQ and I have missed it. Anyone else going to be there the end of Sept?

DH and I have had riverview in 1,5,6 & 7 . Due to the size of the resort all were a good location. You can use the pools at POR so if that is part of your plans 5, 6 or 7 would be the best.

Thanks! I was looking at the resort map and thought that 5 or 6 would be a nice location, so it's good to have confirmation of that. I thought 2 would be good, being close to the dock, but then read on the PortOrleans.org page that some guests find the boat horns annoying, so I decided against that. How far of a walk over to Riverside is it? I was thinking we might spend our down day over there, enjoying their pool and my husband could fish.

After trying to get excited about All-Star Music, I'm feeling much more positive about POFQ. I was looking forward to the extra room and having 2 bathrooms in the family suite, but I'm not a fan of the non-shaded queues for the buses at the Values, and the food courts just always feel so crazy. But, hey, we saved a couple hundred dollars - that makes my hubby happy!

Thanks! I was looking at the resort map and thought that 5 or 6 would be a nice location, so it's good to have confirmation of that. I thought 2 would be good, being close to the dock, but then read on the PortOrleans.org page that some guests find the boat horns annoying, so I decided against that. How far of a walk over to Riverside is it? I was thinking we might spend our down day over there, enjoying their pool and my husband could fish.

After trying to get excited about All-Star Music, I'm feeling much more positive about POFQ. I was looking forward to the extra room and having 2 bathrooms in the family suite, but I'm not a fan of the non-shaded queues for the buses at the Values, and the food courts just always feel so crazy. But, hey, we saved a couple hundred dollars - that makes my hubby happy!
For what it is worth the boat stops before midnight and doesn't start until after 9:00am. The horn sounds several times approaching and leaving the dock. We have never noticed it at night. The walk to to POR is 10 - 15 minutes depending on your walking speed . We go up there several times a trip . Make sure to take a look at the resort map to find shortcuts thru courtyards and the like rather than staying on the main paths. We not only found this useful for going to POR but also the buses & the main building.

I've been trying to wrap my head around the rates to work out the seasonal pricing format, but it's a nightmare. It looks like they have extended the week/weekend rates to three tiers now, Sun/Mon/Tues are one rate, Weds/Thurs are another, and Fri/Sat are the highest rate. And that weekly pattern seems to vary by seasonal blocks too. I think I’m going to have to just scrape all 365 days for each of the 16 room categories directly into my spreadsheet and work it out from there - but any tabular format is going to be really complicated, even if I manage to work it out at all.

Andre
Yes, you have your work cut out for you this year. I noticed in October that there's an approximate $10 surcharge for Thursday and Sunday nights in addition to the increase in rates for Friday and Saturday which they've been doing for a number of years.

Yes, you have your work cut out for you this year. I noticed in October that there's an approximate $10 surcharge for Thursday and Sunday nights in addition to the increase in rates for Friday and Saturday which they've been doing for a number of years.

Yes, the two-tier weekly structure seems to have turned into three-tier, but not every season. I really need to work out the seasonal blocking, but it's not easy as the WDW website has stopped displaying the rest of the dates in a given price block. For now, I've just scraped every daily rate into one big spreadsheet (about 5,500 entries!) available on http://www.portorleans.org/roomrates.php.

POFQ-RackRates-2018.png

Andre

Yes, the two-tier weekly structure seems to have turned into three-tier, but not every season. I really need to work out the seasonal blocking, but it's not easy as the WDW website has stopped displaying the rest of the dates in a given price block. For now, I've just scraped every daily rate into one big spreadsheet (about 5,500 entries!) available on http://www.portorleans.org/roomrates.php.

POFQ-RackRates-2018.png

Andre

My inner Excel nerd is geeking out over this. Should post to r/dataisbeautiful.

Well done.

I'd better not tell you about the VBA script I needed to write to re-parse the scraped calendar-format data from the WDW website into a more usable columnar layout then... :)

Andre

So how long do you think it will be before a single night breaks through that $400 ceiling?

Hopefully y'all will be able to answer this question about Riverside. Can you get mug refills at the pool bar? We haven't had the mugs since they started the "rapid fill" program, but we're planning to spend more time at the resort this trip, so we might get them. I don't remember there being a pool bar at POFQ, but there seems to be at POR.

Thanks!

Starting to get excited about this stay! It has been a while since I last stayed at POFQ and I have missed it. Anyone else going to be there the end of Sept?

We are there from the 24th of September to the 7th of October for our honeymoon :)

Cant wait, we love this resort :-)

Hopefully y'all will be able to answer this question about Riverside. Can you get mug refills at the pool bar? We haven't had the mugs since they started the "rapid fill" program, but we're planning to spend more time at the resort this trip, so we might get them. I don't remember there being a pool bar at POFQ, but there seems to be at POR.

Thanks!
Both POFQ & POR have pool bars. I know at POFQ people went up with their mugs & the bartender gave them a paper cup with soda to transfer to the refillable mug . Had to do with health codes.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some updated pics of the food court?
Allears~ go to the POFQ resort page. There is a video of the resort. About 3 minutes in there is footage of the food court. Menu on all ears also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter