Disney's Pop Century Resort Room #0203 refurbished roll-in shower room review with photos.

Thank you!

You're welcome. I will be staying at Pop Century in October and December and I will try and get photos of the other accessible room with the lower bathtub and lower beds.

Let me know what kind of measurements that you need and I'll take my measuring tape, too.

If you think of any other mobility photos at PoP that you need just let me know.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I have been waiting for photos of the queen/queen accessible rooms and you came through and MORE! I was active with RADP back in the 90's. They are still active?

Great job with the detailed room description! Thank you for taking the time to document this room type. I'm sure you will help lots of people get prepared for their trips.
:thumbsup2 :grouphug:

~NM

Great room report lots of detail we are staying at pop in Sept, is there a room review for a standard referbished room any where??

Great room report lots of detail we are staying at pop in Sept, is there a room review for a standard refurbished room anywhere??

I stayed in the standard room before moving into the roll-in shower room.

The standard room looks basically the same except for the following.

The front door is flush with the front window whereas the accessible door is recessed

As you enter, on one wall you will see the fridge cabinet, then the TV/dresser, then an open space or adjoining room door and then the coat hanger board on the wall before you enter the bathroom. The roll-in shower room first had the coat hanger board, then the TV/dresser, the fridge cabinet, and finally the closet.

Where the closet is in the main room with a roll-in shower, in the standard room it is in the bathroom.

It has a regular tub and sink and toilet.

As far as the beds, they include a one queen bed, one queen bed/table, but the queen bed is higher to allow luggage storage underneath. I think that you will like the table when the Murphy bed is in the up position because it offers more space.

They have the same bedside tables, electrical/USB outlets, fridge, TV/Dresser.

I think that is all.

You can compare my description with my photos in the first post.

Last edited:
I stayed in the standard room before moving into the roll-in shower room.

The stand room looks basically the same except for the following.

The front door is recessed and not flush with the front window.

As you enter, on one wall you will see the fridge cabinet, then the TV/dresser, then an open space or adjoining room door and the coat hanger board on the wall before you enter the bathroom.

Where the closet is in the main room with a roll-in shower, in the standard room it is in the bathroom.

It has a regular tub and sink.

As far as the beds, they include a one queen bed, one queen bed/table, but the queen bed is higher to allow luggage storage underneath. I think that you will like the table when the Murphy bed is in the up position and it offers more room.

They have the same bedside tables, electrical/USB outlets, fridge, TV/Dresser.

I think that is all.

You can compare my description with my photos in the first post.
Thanks for that

Ray, on Touring Plans it still has #0203 listed as a connecting room to #0202 but based on your photos I see no connecting door. Is it true that the room is no longer a connecting one?

Ray, on Touring Plans it still has #0203 listed as a connecting room to #0202 but based on your photos I see no connecting door. Is it true that the room is no longer a connecting one?

My guess would be that it never was. I don't think TP is very reliable about which rooms connect and which rooms don't. I do trust their view pictures and I also trust reader comments about each room. Oh, another example is the room we stayed in at CBR one time is definitely a connecting room, but TP shows it is not.

I know for sure this room #0203 of building #10 does not have a connecting room. I don't know if it was a connecting room before the refurbishment either. I don't recall the accessible rooms having their entrance doors flush with the front window either. The staff did say they created more space in the accessible rooms when they were refurbished.

You can tell from my photos where the connecting door would have been placed if there was one.

I sent a message on the Touring Plans website about the non-connecting room. Did you see my comments on the Touring Plans website page? I listed what I saw during my visit. I don't know how often they can update this information since they must have a million rooms...ha...ha...ha.

I guess in the past I have been lucky, all of my resort rooms have matched what TP says they are. I do know if the case of POP after the rehab, none of the room descriptions are accurate unless a recent guest has made a comment. And Ray, yes I did just see your comments! Thank you so much. I may have to request your exact room.

It is very kind of you to share your photos and impressions with the Dis community.

I am sure that this thread will be very helpful to a lot of folks. :)

I guess in the past I have been lucky, all of my resort rooms have matched what TP says they are. I do know if the case of POP after the rehab, none of the room descriptions are accurate unless a recent guest has made a comment. And Ray, yes I did just see your comments! Thank you so much. I may have to request your exact room.

It is very kind of you to share your photos and impressions with the Dis community.

I am sure that this thread will be very helpful to a lot of folks. :)

Thank you, Disneylvr and JerseyJanice.

I'll be going down in October and December and I'll try to take more photos of what Disney calls the Standard, the Accessible with low tub/low bed and the Roll-in shower. Maybe I can catch a Kingsize bed, too. The staff said that Pop was full every single day in June when I was down there.

I'll also take some measurements of the roll-in shower seat and other spaces if possible.

Strange question but appropriate for this forum. We were supposed to stay at Pop in November but that trip was postponed and now we are going in May. We still have an accessible room reserved. Our daughter has autism and when she is self calming, she needs to walk/pace. Is there there enough space in the new Pop rooms, specifically the accessible rooms, to allow for this, even with the Murphy bed down?

Strange question but appropriate for this forum. We were supposed to stay at Pop in November but that trip was postponed and now we are going in May. We still have an accessible room reserved. Our daughter has autism and when she is self calming, she needs to walk/pace. Is there there enough space in the new Pop rooms, specifically the accessible rooms, to allow for this, even with the Murphy bed down?

I haven't been in a new/renovated POP room yet, but from pictures I would think there is limited space, especially with the second bed open. The relatively narrow path at the foot of the beds from the door are to the bathroom area, though it is wide enough for a wheelchair. I don't know how much space she needs or for how long. And be careful of bumping shins on the murphy bed. I don't know if going outside and walking around a courtyard might be a better option for her, or if that is too stimulating in itself. Maybe on the backside of the buildings where it tends to be quieter.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter