Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the floors at Pop? The last time I stayed there (12/17) they were not cleaned the entire 2 weeks I was there. They were turning my socks black!! Has Disney figured out a way to clean those floors?..........................

Thanks,
~NM
OMG! The floors!!! Seriously... when we went last year and stayed at CSR ... we had a refurbished room with the new laminate floors.... The floors were SO FILTHY! Obviously had not been cleaned before we got there, spilled stuff, piles of dirt, etc. Called as soon as I got to the room..... like around 1pm. They couldn't move us, said they didn't have any other rooms, so they'd come clean it. It wasn't till 11pm that they finally sent someone to clean them. Seriously.... this woman and her manager seemed to have NO IDEA how to clean the floor!!! They tried using a dry dust mop!! I felt like screaming "Get a WET mop!"
Then she used a spray bottle of something and still tried to use the dry mop!!!! OMG!!! I just couldn't believe it!!

So this is one of the reasons I opt out of housekeeping! They barely get it cleaned anyway! This time I am considering bringing my own cleaning supplies.... including floor mop!!!

So..... has anyone witnessed how they are cleaning these laminate floors?? Are they still just dry dusting??

What is Florida law about hotel rooms being entered? Police cant just come in your room, Disney can?
It’s not just Disney or FL. Many hotels and resorts in many places have adopted this practice since the mass shootings in Las Vegas.

I do not know the laws for/against something like this.

I like the quote at the end.
“Fair warning to all the hotel chains now claiming that they won't observe the ‘do not disturb’ sign: When you barge into my room, you'll find papers scattered everywhere and me in my underwear bashing away at a laptop,”
And if you decide you're going to enter my room while I'm napping I may be in even less than that.

FWIW I observed a CM doing some Security Checks on a couple of rooms at POP the other day.

For one he knocked and waited an acceptable amount of time and then just opened the door and "stuck his head inside" for a second and checked it off his list.

For the other one,its curtains were open,so he just "inspected" the room through the window and checked it off. :)

During the HD pool refurb where will the entertainment (music, trivia, etc) be located?
Somewhere else at Pop, location not revealed yet.
And if you decide you're going to enter my room while I'm napping I may be in even less than that
As is your right, keeping in mind the the person checking your room had zero input on the policy or its execution.

I like the quote at the end. And if you decide you're going to enter my room while I'm napping I may be in even less than that.
I don’t think security cares or even notices what you’re wearing. In my experience, they are courteous and polite, but they’re focussed on getting to the back of your room to peak into the washroom area. They barely give you or the other occupants a glance.

Just got back yesterday from a five-night stay at Pop! We were in the '70s section, building 10, third floor. Had some noisy neighbors one morning but nothing so bad that the white noise machine or television couldn't drown out. We didn't opt out of Mousekeeping and returned to a clean room each day - no problems with a dirty floor or unmade beds or anything like that. The food court was speedy the times that we used it - busy, but lines moved quick. Cast members were all pleasant and super helpful, and we never experienced a room check while we were there even on the day that we hung out in the room most of the morning/early afternoon before MNSSHP. I think we waited at most 15 minutes for a bus either going to or coming back from the parks. A pretty perfect stay at Pop, honestly!

Sounds about like our stay last year at Pop - it was awesome. I even had an email conversation with the general manager when I returned home. I was pleasantly surprised he took the time to correspond.

There was a question recently about the status of the luggage location refurb. I can confirm that it is complete EXCEPT the airline check-in desk is currently being refurbished so they are using a portion of the luggage area. I don’t know if this means luggage is still being stored offsite or not. When I asked about luggage being stored offsite I could not get a clear answer. What I did find out is that the airline checkin refurb should last another couple of months.

I didn’t have a lot of contact with luggage services this trip but the couple of times I did it went very smoothly and was in a reasonable amount of time. Much better experiences than our April trip!

There was a question recently about the status of the luggage location refurb. I can confirm that it is complete EXCEPT the airline check-in desk is currently being refurbished so they are using a portion of the luggage area. I don’t know if this means luggage is still being stored offsite or not. When I asked about luggage being stored offsite I could not get a clear answer. What I did find out is that the airline checkin refurb should last another couple of months.

I didn’t have a lot of contact with luggage services this trip but the couple of times I did it went very smoothly and was in a reasonable amount of time. Much better experiences than our April trip!
Thank you so very much for taking the time to ask about it during your trip!

Is there a post somewhere that explains how opting out of mousekeeping works? Specifically how much is the gift card and also I assume we can still get additional towels and coffee packets as needed? The shampoo is now in those large wall bottles correct so doesn't seem like we'd need more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!