Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question regarding Resort Airline Check In Desk. First time having to pay a JetBlue baggage fee. Does the desk at Pop take payment or do I need to pay in advance? Been searching threads and finding varying answers.

I booked JetBlue carry on only tickets and my son has a LONG LIST of SW:GE merch he plans on buying! Going to need to bring a big suitcase just for his stuff!:rotfl2:

I would think your best bet is to pay Jet Blue for the checked bag online or in the app when you check in for your flight. I just checked into a JB flight on my phone last night and they had an option to add a bag there.

I would think your best bet is to pay Jet Blue for the checked bag online or in the app when you check in for your flight. I just checked into a JB flight on my phone last night and they had an option to add a bag there.

I plan to do that when departing for Orlando. However, when departing WDW, you can’t check in yourself AND use resort airline check in.

I plan to do that when departing for Orlando. However, when departing WDW, you can’t check in yourself AND use resort airline check in.
I don’t know about Jet Blue but with Southwest I do both all the time. I check us in at the 24 hour mark to secure boarding passes then the following day check our luggage with airline checkin at Pop.

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see an update on this... what toiletries come in Pop Century rooms? Last info I could see on this was from 2014. Don’t wanna pack unnecessary bathroom items! Also, do they give free bottled water?

I don’t know about Jet Blue but with Southwest I do both all the time. I check us in at the 24 hour mark to secure boarding passes then the following day check our luggage with airline checkin at Pop.

We do the same - online checkin via app 24 hours before departure, then visit RAC early in the morning to check our luggage and head to the parks. Sometimes we end up with extra printed boarding passes courtesy of RAC, which is fine with us - I like using the one on my phone but DH likes having a paper one to hold! :cutie:

I'm pretty sure you can pay the fee at the resort check in desk. We did last Oct when we checked our bags at the Coronado.

1. I actually timed my bus trips from POP the last time i stayed there. started the time the second the bus started pulling away, and stopped the timer the second the bus parked at the parks. of the 4 trips to MK from POP, the shortest trip took just over 12 min, and the longest took just over 17 min, so id say 15 min is a safe bet. This isn't factoring in the time it takes to load/unload the busses though.

2. Plenty of tables available in the food court, so you will 100% be able to find a table for 4, even at the busiest hours. There is seating outdoors as well if you prefer that.

3. The pool never gets anywhere near that crowded to where its shoulder to shoulder. You'll have plenty of space to move around freely. I really don't know how how hard it would be to find a chair by the pool, but i'd imagine there's plenty of them to go around.

Pop buses arent bad but #2 isnt true, the food court sucks, its always packed, 100s of people, most of them in the same group, most of them children with no parents just charperones for their trip, it is chaos, always, everytime. 3 hour wait for room service at Pop after park hours.

This is Disney’s statement as @Disneylvr took the time to write down for us

Disney’s statement says the refurbishment will BEGIN Winter 2020. The have not committed to an end date at this time.

Yes they have, it starts this year 2019. They sent us an email that Jan 2020 the pool would be closed, we chose a moderate instead.

Pop buses arent bad but #2 isnt true, the food court sucks, its always packed, 100s of people, most of them in the same group, most of them children with no parents just charperones for their trip, it is chaos, always, everytime. 3 hour wait for room service at Pop after park hours.

I just want to say that this has not been our experience at the food court during two stays at Pop. We never had trouble finding a table even though it's been busy, although we have not been there at the same time as large tour groups/sports groups. We didn't order room service so can't comment on that.

I have never found this to be the case at POP. I've never had an issue finding a seat during multiple stays of 8 or more nights. I've been at all times of the day and service has also been excellent each time. It can get busy but never to the extreme you've described.

The only 2 times the food court has been overrun for me was 1) Holidays during a big rainstorm + suppertime and 2) the 15's were all there trying to eat breakfast. Otherwise, Pop's food court has always been manageable, and I've always found a table.

Confirming that yesterday I checked in with Jetblue from my phone, then was able to drop my bags and get printed boarding passes at the resort airline check-in.

We were just there Mon-Sat and ate at the food court several times with no issues finding tables even when it was pretty crowded. Sometimes maybe it took a minute in whichever section we were in, or maybe we grabbed a table before it was wiped, but we always got one. Yesterday, we were there from about 5:30-7 pm waiting for our Magical Express bus with a nice booth in a nearly empty section over near the mobile order pick-up.

On another note, where was the ice cream section? I never looked hard or asked anyone, but never saw it! We were going to buy water the first day but ended up getting some from a nice man who was about to leave.

We have stayed at Pop numerous times, usually in September and have never found the food court as you have stated. We think Pop has the best food court on property. We have never waited that long in line and have always found a table easily. It makes a difference what time of year you go. That’s why research is kinda important so you can avoid the time of year when there are huge groups of kids.

We've stayed at POP at least 20 times (not a typo) and I've never found this to be the case. We've gone during the holidays (Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas), during summer (June and August) and every Spring Break for the last 6 years. While there are times it is extremely busy, like during Football/Cheer/Band events, we have never *not* been able to find a seat for our group which has ranged from just me + 2 sons to all of our extended family of 16 ppl.

We were just there Mon-Sat and ate at the food court several times with no issues finding tables even when it was pretty crowded. Sometimes maybe it took a minute in whichever section we were in, or maybe we grabbed a table before it was wiped, but we always got one. Yesterday, we were there from about 5:30-7 pm waiting for our Magical Express bus with a nice booth in a nearly empty section over near the mobile order pick-up.

On another note, where was the ice cream section? I never looked hard or asked anyone, but never saw it! We were going to buy water the first day but ended up getting some from a nice man who was about to leave.
if walking to the food court from the gift shop it's on the left just after the seating area, it's not in the section past the cashiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!